Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Mehserle sentenced to.... (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Mehserle sentenced to....
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by 89point.:
U can call it irony or whatever u want but I call it the truth, this whole trial was not over a young man losing his life not being able to be in his daughters life or do anything great possible with his life.. NOPE.. It's a white honkey cop came along and had a bad day and decided to shoot this guy for fun and cause he was black blah blah blah.. Spin it anyway u want but yes it was turned into a race thing and for u n8 so I come off a lil more clear to u if all the parties were orange it woulda never been a big deal or public or craziness like it is now..

I have no issue with your comment. I just thought it was funny how you managed to use the race card to support your point about misplaced use of the race card. One thing I have come to understand about people is once they have put on their rose colored glasses there is no taking them off. Your opinion is well noted [Big Grin]
yup.. same goes for you.. and your take on it.. noted.. [patriot] and everyone here knows what side of the fence your on..

and no matter what people think.. this guy is scared for life.. he will wear that scarlet letter the rest of his life.. his life will never be the same.. and if it was truely a accident.. just think of the guilt this guy will carry the rest of his life...

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's OK - Let him walk after a few months. I can gurantee you that KARMA will bite him the ass 10x harder [patriot]

Remember he has a family too [Smile]

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AL STOCK:
It's OK - Let him walk after a few months. I can gurantee you that KARMA will bite him the ass 10x harder [patriot]

Remember he has a family too [Smile]

Anyone that does anything to him or his family is just as guilty as he is.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Who gives a fuck you know how many people get killed in this country everday by the hands of another and absoluley no justice is payed to the family. Atleast grant's family get some kind of closure and justice think of all the people that are left wondering about they're loved ones.

I'm not on any side of the fence on this subject and I've never been there's tradgedy everyday in this world. Some more than others. I will tell you what I didn't agree on was those scumbacks using Oscar grant to tear up there own city. Do you think that's what Oscar would want?? There's a horrible trend going on in this country and it's called stupidity who can act, talk , be the stupidist person it makes me sick

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
And just goes to show that we have a black president but we have so far to go on so many planes.

Put the card back in your pocket [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
U can call it irony or whatever u want but I call it the truth, this whole trial was not over a young man losing his life not being able to be in his daughters life or do anything great possible with his life.. NOPE.. It's a white honkey cop came along and had a bad day and decided to shoot this guy for fun and cause he was black blah blah blah.. Spin it anyway u want but yes it was turned into a race thing and for u n8 so I come off a lil more clear to u if all the parties were orange it woulda never been a big deal or public or craziness like it is now..

I have no issue with your comment. I just thought it was funny how you managed to use the race card to support your point about misplaced use of the race card. One thing I have come to understand about people is once they have put on their rose colored glasses there is no taking them off. Your opinion is well noted [Big Grin]
yup.. same goes for you.. and your take on it.. noted.. [patriot] and everyone here knows what side of the fence your on..

and no matter what people think.. this guy is scared for life.. he will wear that scarlet letter the rest of his life.. his life will never be the same.. and if it was truely a accident.. just think of the guilt this guy will carry the rest of his life...

You basically just quoted my other post. So I do not think you know what side of the fence I am on.....lol. You even used my phrase "The scarlett letter"....hahahahahaha
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
And just goes to show that we have a black president but we have so far to go on so many planes.

Put the card back in your pocket [Roll Eyes]
May seem like a race card, but it indeed is not. The many planes I speak of go beyond race. It transcends socio-economic boundaries, civic boundaries and much more. But of course you guys would harp on the one part of my statement that contains the word black. It's all good, but I have friends that are BART PD and other law enforcement agencies. And my folks goes to work with the repercussions of this cats mistake/intentions (which we will never know which is which). So others have to live in fear because of his actions and the resulting judgment.

Just all around a bad situation for 2 families, a city, a community and a civil service agency.

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 68stanger:
quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
good for him he was doing his job an made a mistake.if mr.grant had did what he was told to do he would still be here

yeah,I agree it was a mistake on Mehserle's part...shit bag or not, you can't put blame onto Oscar Grant for getting shot in the back while cuffed on the ground.
he was hand cuffed after he was shot an that a policy all police dept use.so thaks for playing
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

You basically just quoted my other post. So I do not think you know what side of the fence I am on.....lol. You even used my phrase "The scarlett letter"....hahahahahaha
i know i did it on perpose.. [Wink] you like it right..? but the fact is you also have rose colored glass on as you say..

and it is a shitty place for both familys. [patriot]

[ November 05, 2010, 11:51 PM: Message edited by: warhorse58gt ]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

i know i did it on perpose.. [Wink] you like it right..? but the fact is you also have rose colored glass on as you say..

and it is a shitty place for both familys. [patriot]

I love it!! [Big Grin]
And judging from your usage I am not sure you know what the phrase means "Rose colored glasses".

[ November 06, 2010, 12:04 AM: Message edited by: N8 ]

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
....Reminds me a lot of the OJ case.

I remember this vividly. I actually fought with a cousin of mine because I felt strongly OJ did that shit and got away with murder.
N8, although there are examples here and there of people actually believing OJ did not commit those two murders, the opinion that he did is overwhelming regardless if you are white, black, male, female, rich, or poor. You and I know what happened that night as did Johnny Cochran, Robert Shapiro, Judge Ito, the guy who drove the white Bronco during the low speed police chase, Chris Rock, etc etc etc, lol. Unfortunately, everything was thrown out the door (perjury & suspicion of falsified evidence).

I recall watching the verdict on TV while sitting in a diverse high school classroom in Berkeley, CA. When the verdict came in, the classroom split between black and white. The black kids were screaming, cheering, and slapping hi-fives while the white kids were putting their head down in disbelief of what just happened. It was a very eye opening experience for me regarding race relations. I'm sure many high schools across the state shared a similar reaction. It was like Chris Rock joked, "Black people, WE WON!" Regardless of the circumstances, "we won" with the cards stacked against us!

Chris Rock goes on to deliver one of the most famous lines of his career, "He (Ron Goldman) was known to drive around in her Ferrari that OJ bought her ... I'm not saying that he should have killed her, but I understand"

Classic Rock, LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXJJFT9GZwY

Getting back on track with the Mehserle-Grant case, I go back and forth and struggle with this one. On one hand, shooting a suspect in the back while he lays on his stomach is completely inexcusable. There is just no way this can be justified.

However, it's difficult for me to identify with Oscar Grant... not for his race, but for who he was and what he was doing the night he was killed. For the past 20+yrs I've been riding BART regularly at all hours and routinely see youngsters running up and down the isles, drunk, causing trouble, stirring up controversy, and disrupting other riders. On the other hand I've never had any serious altercations with police that I didn't bring upon myself. So it's very natural for me to sway in one direction in this case. Combine that with two felony prison terms prior to this case for Grant, and well... well it goes without saying I guess.

If I felt like I had been regularly mistreated by law enforcement, I could easily see myself opposing the men in blue and more easily identify with Grant.

Going back to my original comment about there is no excuse to shoot someone in the back, Mehserle rightly has been convicted. The sentencing is not what the Grant supporters wanted, and it's not what the Mehsrle supporters wanted.

When the smoke clears the following glarring lessons stick out of me:

- Police need adequate training to reduce the possibility of something like this happening again.

- If you are a burden on society, cause trouble, create disruptions, oppose law enforcement, you are playing with fire.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

I remember this vividly. I actually fought with a cousin of mine because I felt strongly OJ did that shit and got away with murder.
N8, although there are examples here and there of people actually believing OJ did not commit those two murders, the opinion that he did is overwhelming regardless if you are white, black, male, female, rich, or poor. You and I know what happened that night as did Johnny Cochran, Robert Shapiro, Judge Ito, the guy who drove the white Bronco during the low speed police chase, Chris Rock, etc etc etc, lol. Unfortunately, everything was thrown out the door (perjury & suspicion of falsified evidence).

I recall watching the verdict on TV while sitting in a diverse high school classroom in Berkeley, CA. When the verdict came in, the classroom split between black and white. The black kids were screaming, cheering, and slapping hi-fives while the white kids were putting their head down in disbelief of what just happened. It was a very eye opening experience for me regarding race relations. I'm sure many high schools across the state shared a similar reaction. It was like Chris Rock joked, "Black people, WE WON!" Regardless of the circumstances, "we won" with the cards stacked against us!

Chris Rock goes on to deliver one of the most famous lines of his career, "He (Ron Goldman) was known to drive around in her Ferrari that OJ bought her ... I'm not saying that he should have killed her, but I understand"

Classic Rock, LOL.

Getting back on track with the Mehserle-Grant case, I go back and forth and struggle with this one. On one hand, shooting a suspect in the back while he lays on his stomach is completely inexcusable. There is just no way this can be justified.

However, it's difficult for me to identify with Oscar Grant... not for his race, but for who he was and what he was doing the night he was killed. For the past 20+yrs I've been riding BART regularly at all hours and routinely see youngsters running up and down the isles, drunk, causing trouble, stirring up controversy, and disrupting other riders. On the other hand I've never had any serious altercations with police that I didn't bring upon myself. So it's very natural for me to sway in one direction in this case. Combine that with two felony prison terms prior to this case for Grant, and well... well it goes without saying I guess.

If I felt like I had been regularly mistreated by law enforcement, I could easily see myself opposing the men in blue and more easily identify with Grant.

Going back to my original comment about there is no excuse to shoot someone in the back, Mehserle rightly has been convicted. The sentencing is not what the Grant supporters wanted, and it's not what the Mehsrle supporters wanted.

- Police need adequate training to reduce the possibility of something like this happening again.

- If you are a burden on society, cause trouble, create disruptions, oppose law enforcement, you are playing with fire.

Luke you are officially my favorite member [Big Grin]

I too think the inexcusable (shooting a man in the back). Do I think he wanted to kill him? No. Do I think he meant to pull his gun? Yes. Even tasing at that point was uncalled for. So IMO any action he did take or would have taken by his account, is gross negligence. I am thinking somewhere around 4-5 years with credit time served would have been just. As a provision I would strip him of PC rights [Big Grin] (I kid). The funny thing that I see as a constant, is ones that are for this judgment or against Oscar Grant. Have no ties what so ever to Oakland. And as a whole tend to sit on a perch and judge the city. Luke I admire you for being able measure your opinion with your experience in the area and also identifying where you opinion lacks depth. To that I say [patriot]

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Classic Rock, LOL.

-
98Snake
¯
Member # 183

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98Snake  Ford pictures for 98Snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
May seem like a race card, but it indeed is not. The many planes I speak of go beyond race. It transcends socio-economic boundaries, civic boundaries and much more. But of course you guys would harp on the one part of my statement that contains the word black.

Just all around a bad situation for 2 families, a city, a community and a civil service agency.

Just a thought, but if this was really the issue, why is there no other public outrage from the same community, regarding the other 300+ people killed in Oakland over the past three years. There are no protests, demonstrations, or even posts on this message board about the other senseless deaths.

Is Oscar Grant really that much more important than all of them? Or is the outrage just a way for a certain community to capitalize on a tragic situation to show how "the man" is the reason for all of their problems and shortcomings?

The fence separating both sides is made of steel and 1000 feet tall lol. [Big Grin]

Sydewayz_Stan
¯
Member # 10217

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sydewayz_Stan  Ford pictures for Sydewayz_Stan  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Classic Rock, LOL.

well said! [patriot]

--------------------
-90 Vert-SOLD
-91 Notch-SOLD
-2000 Explorer 5.0-SOLD
-72 Maverick-SOLD
-2004 GT, vortech V2 si, 10 psi-
-2002 F150 supercrew-

Posts: 3432 | From: 707 vallejo/richmond 510 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com