Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » IPHONE 4G OR EVO 4G?? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: IPHONE 4G OR EVO 4G??
CAStang
¯
Member # 9568

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CAStang  Ford pictures for CAStang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Everybody loves to hate the iPhone. But I've had every generation and have loved them all. The best part is everytime I upgraded to the newer version I was able to sell my old one for a profit.
Posts: 351 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Nov 2009  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DLo:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by essasin:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
get the epic. its better than the evo. but both are better than the iphone imo.

I prefer physical keyboards myself.
yup has both and displays more colors as well.
You got an epic? I knew I should have waited to upgrade, but I was so tired of my old phone that I just picked up a moment earlier this year [Mad]
yup. I just got back from MAX and id wait to get a new phone at this point. samsung has some good ish coming out.
Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chavez66  Ford pictures for Chavez66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sprint and Evo by far the best combo out so far hands down [worship] [worship] 4G is available in sac now and I'm loving it, internet is super fast and I video chat on my Evo all day and its super clear. No point in even calling regular Anymore if u got video chat

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

Posts: 1694 | From: Dont worry about it | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
yup. I just got back from MAX and id wait to get a new phone at this point. samsung has some good ish coming out.

Yup, I heard about the new stuff Samsung is coming out with. I have to wait until May anyway for my next upgrade. How's battery life with the Epic, how long does it last?

Sprint's coverage really sucks. I was thinking of going with Verizon next year, but the cheap plan is hard to beat. From what it sounds like though, Sprint and AT&T's service is comparable.

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
Blu50Stang
CAFords OG
Member # 489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blu50Stang  Ford pictures for Blu50Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Sprint's coverage really sucks. I was thinking of going with Verizon next year, but the cheap plan is hard to beat. From what it sounds like though, Sprint and AT&T's service is comparable.

I'm going to have to disagree with ya there. I've had AT&T for >10 years and just made the switch over to Sprint a couple months back. I have travel a lot for work, and Benicia is the only area where I've dropped a call. Everywhere else (including on the roof of a hospital, inside a piece of running equipment) my phone has worked flawlessly. Sorry, AT&T can't touch Sprint's service. And Verizon doesn't get the job done where I live, so they were a no no for me.

--------------------
Ross
'88 GT - 5.0&SF 4/04 | MM&FF 8/09 | MM&FF 79-93 Mustang Performance Cover 12/12
'17 GT350R

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am going to get an Iphone4 in Jan.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Josef Mengele
¯
Member # 10402

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Josef Mengele  Ford pictures for Josef Mengele    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I dont necessarily hate the Iphone, i just hate the Iphone users.

Here's my fav iphone app!
 -

Sydewayz_Stan
¯
Member # 10217

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sydewayz_Stan  Ford pictures for Sydewayz_Stan  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blu50Stang:
quote:

I'm going to have to disagree with ya there. I've had AT&T for >10 years and just made the switch over to Sprint a couple months back. I have travel a lot for work, and Benicia is the only area where I've dropped a call. Everywhere else (including on the roof of a hospital, inside a piece of running equipment) my phone has worked flawlessly. Sorry, AT&T can't touch Sprint's service. And Verizon doesn't get the job done where I live, so they were a no no for me.
+1 on that my job gives us a cell phone to use during work which is a verizon and all throughout franklin canyon, crockett, rodeo, hercules and richmond it drops calls constantly. its not the phone we upgrade every two years and with each phone its the same thing. i carry my personal cell phone with me which is a htc with sprint and when we have no signal its my phone we have to use. i have yet to drop a call (no bullshit) on my phone and ive had it for about 17 months now.

--------------------
-90 Vert-SOLD
-91 Notch-SOLD
-2000 Explorer 5.0-SOLD
-72 Maverick-SOLD
-2004 GT, vortech V2 si, 10 psi-
-2002 F150 supercrew-

Posts: 3432 | From: 707 vallejo/richmond 510 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  :
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good tread, i been thinking about switching companies, i have at&t and on my third iphone and waiting for the white iphone 4. i always jailbreak my iphones but lately i been hating how my 3g goes in an out. my wife has sprint and its much cheaper than at&t. i love my iphone cause i love apple products. but i know at&t sucks

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
krazy_svt
¯
Member # 9259

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for krazy_svt  Ford pictures for krazy_svt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a Droid with Verizon Im very happy with it. Now Im due for a upgrade. I was thinking bout getting the Driod X, or should I wait and see if they are getting the Iphone? Do you guys think it will come out for Verizon?
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So the Wife and i replaced our old phones with these new devices that are turning you all into a bunch of mindless numbskull's.
Ill be damed if i don't find myself messing with it during idle time now also haha.
She got the Samsung Epic 4G and i got the HTC Evo 4G. Her screen is brilliant looking.
Jeeze i cant believe im talking about this..lol

DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sydewayzLX50:
quote:
Originally posted by Blu50Stang:
quote:

+1 on that my job gives us a cell phone to use during work which is a verizon and all throughout franklin canyon, crockett, rodeo, hercules and richmond it drops calls constantly. its not the phone we upgrade every two years and with each phone its the same thing. i carry my personal cell phone with me which is a htc with sprint and when we have no signal its my phone we have to use. i have yet to drop a call (no bullshit) on my phone and ive had it for about 17 months now.
Sounds like both of you are in a different area. I guess that's just down here. My sprint phone always ends up with random voicemails, and when I ask the other party what happened, they said they called me and it just went straight to voicemail. This is while I'm in the office, home, etc. Annoying!

My friends on Verizon seem to get the best signal in these areas. Heck, one guy who lives in the boonies can even walk outside of his house and start texting/calling. I even remember going to Mendocino National Forest, we were out in the middle of nowhere - AT&T and Verizon, no problem. Sprint.... nada. I guess it all depends on where you live then.

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I love my IPhone but Att sucks balls [Frown]
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by season'd 88:
So the Wife and i replaced our old phones with these new devices that are turning you all into a bunch of mindless numbskull's.
Ill be damed if i don't find myself messing with it during idle time now also haha.
She got the Samsung Epic 4G and i got the HTC Evo 4G. Her screen is brilliant looking.

Yea the difference is amazing. I think Epic also has a 6 axis gyro too vs the evo 4 axis. I love developing apps for android too. Iphone SDK sucks monkey teets.
510vnum
¯
Member # 9106

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510vnum  Ford pictures for 510vnum    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
IPhone 4 is clean I don't lik the Evo video camera sucks on those
Posts: 255 | From: oakland ca | Registered: Apr 2009  |  :
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ October 31, 2010, 09:48 AM: Message edited by: season'd 88 ]

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Yea the difference is amazing. I think Epic also has a 6 axis gyro too vs the evo 4 axis. I love developing apps for android too. Iphone SDK sucks monkey teets.
I would expect this one to be of great interest to you..haha

http://www.nokiausa.com/find-products/phones/nokia-n8?cid=estore-fw-src-na-acq-nokia_n8_exact-google-us-20-n8_102

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

I would expect this one to be of great interest to you..haha

http://www.nokiausa.com/find-products/phones/nokia-n8?cid=estore-fw-src-na-acq-nokia_n8_exact-google-us-20-n8_102

lol...yea I saw that. I had a mind to get it if it was a sprint phone...lol

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com