Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » New project/toy *New pic on 2nd Page* (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: New project/toy *New pic on 2nd Page*
WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice rig Dana!
I have a 2002 crew cab short bed with the powerstroke. The main thing with these engines from what I have heard are the Cam Positioning sensor. Its a great idea to buy one from FORD and throw a spare in the glove.
About 3 years ago I would be getting on the freeway and at the same spot 2 days in a row the engine stumbled for a second then re-gained power. Then about a week later I was making a left turn and all the sudden the engine just shut off. Was having some other work done at the dealer and they diagnosed it to be the CPS.
Ford knows they were faulty. They used to be $150.00 now you can buy them for $25.00 at the Local FORD dealer.
Great looking rig [patriot]

--------------------
----------------------------------
Faster than most, slower than less.

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WIKD 281:
Nice rig Dana!
I have a 2002 crew cab short bed with the powerstroke. The main thing with these engines from what I have heard are the Cam Positioning sensor. Its a great idea to buy one from FORD and throw a spare in the glove.
About 3 years ago I would be getting on the freeway and at the same spot 2 days in a row the engine stumbled for a second then re-gained power. Then about a week later I was making a left turn and all the sudden the engine just shut off. Was having some other work done at the dealer and they diagnosed it to be the CPS.
Ford knows they were faulty. They used to be $150.00 now you can buy them for $25.00 at the Local FORD dealer.

Thanks good to know. I am taking it to Ford on saturday to be inspected, i think my driverside up pipe is leaking, theres soot around the end of the pipe near the turbo. Its not producing the amount of boost people are telling me it should be making so i am hoping thats the problem.

[ October 27, 2010, 10:56 PM: Message edited by: WildFire532FB ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Nice rig Dana!

my dad has a 99 f350 7.3, lost the cam sensor on the dead center of the benicia bridge, that fukked up traffic for a little bit [Razz]

it lost the rear end gears within 5-10k miles of new, I would say bad set from ford, the 2nd set almost has 200k on them and going strong

other than that, it has been bullet proof, converter makes a little noise and but its been doing that since 100k

overall great truck

on the flip side, a guy I know from so cal with 90k on his 20xx f350 is stranded in the middle of kentucky towing a 40' encloded with two drag radials cars in it, coming back from the georgia ortc race.
guess what motor it has, i'll give you a hint, its the one after the 7.3 [Roll Eyes]

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Nice rig Dana!

ford recalled the cps on the 7.3 in 2008
WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:
quote:
Nice rig Dana!

Thanks good to know. I am taking it to Ford on saturday to be inspected, i think my driverside up pipe is leaking, theres soot around the end of the pipe near the turbo. Its not producing the amount of boost people are telling me it should be making so i am hoping thats the problem.
Ahhh. Yes, a friend of mine rode up with me to the rubicon about a year ago. An ex-master FORD tech. As soon as he got in my truck he asked, "do you have an exhaust leak?" I didnt hear anything abnormal but he strongly suggest for me to upgrade to the International up pipe kit. He helped me change out the up pipes with we did my stage 2 injectors and the up pipes at 80,000 miles were cracked and had major exhaust leaks.
Maybe someone has already upgraded it for you? That would be nice!
[patriot]

[ October 27, 2010, 11:41 PM: Message edited by: WIKD 281 ]

--------------------
----------------------------------
Faster than most, slower than less.

Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Friend of mine has a 2003 7.3 aswell, he has stock turbo and everything but just got a dynotune and put down 372 RWHP & 795 RW Tq.

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:
ain't no one tell me what to do. - NEIGHT

Posts: 1712 | From: NoOneTellMeWhatToDo-Neight | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
Nice rig Dana!

Ahhh. Yes, a friend of mine rode up with me to the rubicon about a year ago. An ex-master FORD tech. As soon as he got in my truck he asked, "do you have an exhaust leak?" I didnt hear anything abnormal but he strongly suggest for me to upgrade to the International up pipe kit. He helped me change out the up pipes with we did my stage 2 injectors and the up pipes at 80,000 miles were cracked and had major exhaust leaks.
Maybe someone has already upgraded it for you? That would be nice!
[patriot]

I checked they are the stock up pipes.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DLo:
That's crazy that these trucks are still going for so much, with such high mileage. Good for the people who own them though [Big Grin]

166k on a diesel ain't shit... Couple of trucks at my work are 7.3's one of em has 560k And you wouldn't even know the diff. I think the world record on a 7.3 is 800k or something like that and all that happened is it threw a rod bearing it's on YouTube somewhere

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

-

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that's a big red truck, congrats

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It seems appropriate that a firefighter has a huge red truck like that. Ha ha.

[ October 29, 2010, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: iceman302 ]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
1RaW03SvT
¯
Member # 9151

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1RaW03SvT  Ford pictures for 1RaW03SvT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by iceman302:
It's seems appropriate that a firefighter has a huge red truck like that. Ha ha.

lol i was waiting for this hahaha good reply [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
2003 SoNiC BlUe CoBrA
BUILT

Posts: 2159 | From: *SVTaDDicT* | Registered: May 2009  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

LOL, i was thinking of getting the firefighter plates on it but i can't think of a good license plate to go with it.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Found today that the little plastic tube that gives the boost gauge its reading was cut down where it goes into my intake so i fixed it and now i am seeing 15psi of boost. Glad it was something little and not something major. [Big Grin]

[ October 30, 2010, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: WildFire532FB ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
LOL, i was thinking of getting the firefighter plates on it but i can't think of a good license plate to go with it.

HosingU
Brntout
Hosed
Onfire

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by phonso302:
quote:

HosingU
Brntout
Hosed
Onfire

LOL those are good.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by phonso302:
quote:

HosingU
Brntout
Hosed
Onfire

LOL those are good.
Onduty
Urtaxes
Ezmoney
Firetrk
Redrida
MpgLOL
Lnghose
Spraynu
Sprayed
Or your name

Wldfire

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com