Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » I'm being RIPPED OFF!!!!!! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: I'm being RIPPED OFF!!!!!!
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The point is, you DID NOT spend the money at all to go there so you didn't get ripped off. Do you understand the concept yet or are you going to continue with your pointless argument? You have to spend money to get ripped off.

Your title should be "this place charges too much" and not some accusation that you have no proof of.

And for your information, I paid $700 for my tune and
Chip through Kurgan. Plus I paid $120 for dyno time to
Make sure it was perfect which it is. Having a car that makes over 550rw, drive like stock, and can drive to Tahoe and back at 20mpg was pretty important to me. So it was worth the nearly $900 it cost. And not because it was the cheapest or even most expensive but because it was the most reliable that I researched.

But yeah I don't mind spending a few extra bucks to get the right items done either. $200 extra for a good tune is worth piece of mind and is pennies in comparison to what else is wrapped up in my car.

quote:
Originally posted by cali95gt:
quote:
Originally posted by C6Z06s_own_50Deep:
quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
quote:
I just got off the phone with Ditos with in SSF.. they said for a tune with my blower i'm looking at $900.. WTF!!!!!!! if I bring a chip than its $600...

Now I know why nobody on this board goes there...

how an the fuck you getting ripped off if you haven't spent a dime with them
I'm with fasthatch here... You're not getting ripped off if you're not a customer at all...so you're just bitching to bitch....
Ok smartass.. have you ever paid almost $1000 for a tune??????? that is a rip off... I'm sorry bro.. I work hard for my money... I don't mind spending it but I don't want to spend it like a dumbass, on an over priced service...

Just curious how much have you spent on your tune? I got quotes today at other shops between $350-500 for a tune and $600-$700 w/o a chip.. you can be my guest and go spend the extra $200-$300 there, They would love you for sure...

Seems like you one of the guys who buys the most expensive TV thinking he's the shit, only to have his buddy search for about a month and get a better one for 2/3 of your cost..

I guess searching for the best deal

Every member on the board here searches for the best prices.. thats why we are all here... maybe you need to leave the board and go hang with the high rollers [Razz]

[ October 23, 2010, 04:24 AM: Message edited by: C6Z06s_own_50Deep ]

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:
NextGen Autosport in Hayward Ca (510-538-8088)

Nah they are arrogant. If something breaks, it's always the cars fault. Fuck that, I would atleast man up if I fucked something up on a customers car.

AED or nothing.

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:
ain't no one tell me what to do. - NEIGHT

Posts: 1712 | From: NoOneTellMeWhatToDo-Neight | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
510vnum
¯
Member # 9106

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510vnum  Ford pictures for 510vnum    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nextgen tunes good just re-tuned mine again made good power I just smell Haters Like alwayz
Posts: 255 | From: oakland ca | Registered: Apr 2009  |  :
FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
The point is, you DID NOT spend the money at all to go there so you didn't get ripped off. Do you understand the concept yet or are you going to continue with your pointless argument? You have to spend money to get ripped off.

Your title should be "this place charges too much" and not some accusation that you have no proof of.

Make sure it was perfect which it is. Having a car that makes over 550rw, drive like stock, and can drive to Tahoe and back at 20mpg was pretty important to me. So it was worth the nearly $900 it cost. And not because it was the cheapest or even most expensive but because it was the most reliable that I researched.

But yeah I don't mind spending a few extra bucks to get the right items done either. $200 extra for a good tune is worth piece of mind and is pennies in comparison to what else is wrapped up in my car.

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I just got off the phone with Ditos with in SSF.. they said for a tune with my blower i'm looking at $900.. WTF!!!!!!! if I bring a chip than its $600...

I'm with fasthatch here... You're not getting ripped off if you're not a customer at all...so you're just bitching to bitch....
Ok smartass.. have you ever paid almost $1000 for a tune??????? that is a rip off... I'm sorry bro.. I work hard for my money... I don't mind spending it but I don't want to spend it like a dumbass, on an over priced service...

Just curious how much have you spent on your tune? I got quotes today at other shops between $350-500 for a tune and $600-$700 w/o a chip.. you can be my guest and go spend the extra $200-$300 there, They would love you for sure...

Seems like you one of the guys who buys the most expensive TV thinking he's the shit, only to have his buddy search for about a month and get a better one for 2/3 of your cost..

Every member on the board here searches for the best prices.. thats why we are all here... maybe you need to leave the board and go hang with the high rollers [Razz]

Well I guess the proper termonology wasn't used on my end.. funny how you are the only one to complain about my title.. If you are the Grammar Police on this board than just write me a ticket... Don't fill it up with posts about what I should name the posting.. I'm looking for help about TUNING..

I do understand about spending money to guarntee its done right.. but why spend extra money when it could be done somewhere else for the less and still done right???

also did you get a mail order tune from Kurgan through Corral or something? also was it just plug and play?

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well I guess the proper termonology wasn't used on my end.. funny how you are the only one to complain about my title.. If you are the Grammar Police on this board than just write me a ticket... Don't fill it up with posts about what I should name the posting.. I'm looking for help about TUNING..

I do understand about spending money to guarntee its done right.. but why spend extra money when it could be done somewhere else for the less and still done right???

also did you get a mail order tune from Kurgan through Corral or something? also was it just plug and play?

Okay...now that we got the title issue clear.....

But a far as spending money to go somewhere else...If i had my choice...I would go with who is best....Right could be okay....but having the best tune possible is worth the $$$

And I just called Kurgan....sent im the info on my car by email. Paid over the phone and he sent me what I needed. And yes, it was just plug and play....and I've been happy for over a year and a half now with this same tune....

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
AED is best, you'd have to go a long way and you would have to call to see if they tune your year motor.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
For those prices.. [Eek!]

Have you thought about getting a tuner yourself, a wide-band of some sorts, and some some data-logging software?

There is a bit of learning required, but in the long run you will be way better off. I mean tuning is not exactly rocket science...but with those prices they may think it is..or think you think it is and you have no choice...just throwing that idea out there to save you guys some cash. The best part is when you make a change to your combination you do the tune yourself....no big freaking $900 bill just because you want to change injectors or mass air or something.

[ October 24, 2010, 05:33 AM: Message edited by: CobramanPhil ]

Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
Tashas_c0upe
¯
Member # 8969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tashas_c0upe  Ford pictures for Tashas_c0upe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
DITOS IS A RIPP OFF, TOOK MY CAR THERE FOR ACOUPLE TUNES AND OTHER SHIT AS WELL THEY ARE NOT CHEAP TRY NEXGEN

--------------------
SALVAGE CAR'S ARE LIKE GURL'S WITH AIDS I PASS EM UP

Posts: 723 | From: South San Francisco | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com