Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Detail + Photoshoot (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Detail + Photoshoot
04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks everybody [patriot]

as for the tonneau cover, I already have a replacement... just need to fabricate the attachment tabs, and get it painted.

the springs are the stock Saleen Racecraft springs. it still sits a little high IMHO... but it's definitely settled a bit since i first got the car. I'd be happy with like a 1/2 inch more drop up front...

Posts: 1570 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just take the Isos out so you don't have to cut the springs or swap out for something else

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Really? I always read about people getting squeaks and rattles after removing isolators... but i'd much rather do that than replace springs... DEFINITELY not cutting them... lol
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 04 S281:
Really? I always read about people getting squeaks and rattles after removing isolators... but i'd much rather do that than replace springs... DEFINITELY not cutting them... lol

I have the lower iso's removed front & rear on my coupe with no issues with noise...

Car looks great BTW!!!
[worship]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
An iso should get u about a 1/4".... Removing the bottom is fine, with the top iso is still in place, the body of the car isnt metal to metal with the suspension.

Lookin clean!

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

93redcobra
CAFords OG
Member # 1344

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93redcobra  Ford pictures for 93redcobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[worship]
04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

How hard is it to get to the lower Iso's and remove them? I'll need a spring compressor?
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 04 S281:
In 2004, and ONLY 2004, the lightbars on Speedster's were a short, or low-rise lightbar, that was attached to the cover, not the car.

It was designed to allow full access to the rear seats when the tonneau cover was not in use. and being that my cover was missing when i purchased the car, it was also missing the attached, and nearly impossible to find, low-rise stylebar [Frown]

Examples:

-
 -
 -

-

very interesting I didn't know that!

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com