Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » how much can you benchpress? (Page 4)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: how much can you benchpress?
Tha91SiCkNeSs
¯
Member # 5790

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tha91SiCkNeSs  Ford pictures for Tha91SiCkNeSs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
I think that 80% of the people in this thread are full of shit about how much they can bench. I have seen alot of you fools at the gtg's and you guys are far from looking like you can throw up that much weight!

I agree. Looks can be deceiving.. BUT.. Some of the people on this board that say they put up that weight I guarantee NEVER have.

Anyone who has developed that sort of strength has a good amount of muscle mass. Some of the people who have these big claims, I've seen at meets and they are scrawny as hell.

You should probably post your routine and a video. LOL

--------------------
2003 Cobra

Posts: 565 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
Tha91SiCkNeSs
¯
Member # 5790

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tha91SiCkNeSs  Ford pictures for Tha91SiCkNeSs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Bigchelis:
In my 15yrs at Golds Gym I have only seen maybe 5 people do 315 or more the correct way. I have seen many people think they are doing 3~6 plates on each side, but the way they do it = posers

Sub 200lbs dudes are usually the ones doing the 3~6 plates this way too...lol

I myself never max out or do flat bench at all.

I do workout with 225 for 10~15 reps on the incline for 4 sets.

+1

Everytime I'm at the gym I see at least 2 guys doing it.. The infamous: "elbow bend technique"

175lb dude.. 275lb on bench for 10 elbow bend reps. LOL

--------------------
2003 Cobra

Posts: 565 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I think that 80% of the people in this thread are full of shit about how much they can bench. I have seen alot of you fools at the gtg's and you guys are far from looking like you can throw up that much weight!

I'm not one of them.... [patriot]
84SVOrick
¯
Member # 9039

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for 84SVOrick  Ford pictures for 84SVOrick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
185lbs puttin up 205lbs...for you liers thats 2 45lbs plates and 2 35lbs plates

--------------------
Bay Area Stunnaz
RIP Jeannera "FOXY302"
10/29/87-10/9/10
1984 SVO 302 HCI a basic bitch
1986 GT FOXY302 stolen and totaled R.I.P.

Posts: 1928 | From: Vallejo CA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
Mineralgt
¯
Member # 9909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mineralgt  Ford pictures for Mineralgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
120lbs and maxed out at 205lbs

--------------------
02 GT Vert

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Mineralgt:
120lbs and maxed out at 205lbs

Ur 120? wtf I thought I was skinny I'm 5'7"- 5'8" and weigh 135-140

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18531 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Mineralgt
¯
Member # 9909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mineralgt  Ford pictures for Mineralgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol yea im 5'9 im pretty damn skinny but i dont look that skinny. and i eat a lot just fast metabolism i guess

--------------------
02 GT Vert

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok ok...im 230 lifting 65 with olympic bar, eassssyyyyyyyy...

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Me either.
If the bar doesn't touch your chest your not doing it right.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Me either.

100% agree, I was just telling a dude today about that. He does some weird 1/2 way down thing on bench and military press. He was saying his way is why he was stronger than me....lol.
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
when i did mines it was 4,45lbs 2,35lbs,2,25lbs
2,2.5lbs plus the 45lb bar and yes down to the chest

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Bigchelis
¯
Member # 5941

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bigchelis  Ford pictures for Bigchelis    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Me either.

100% agree, I was just telling a dude today about that. He does some weird 1/2 way down thing on bench and military press. He was saying his way is why he was stronger than me....lol.
That is my biggest pet-pieve. People load up the bench with 315 and I have seen up to 6 plates on each side done the same way, but worse.

Half way or 2in down then back up, yes that ridiculous.

Then with a spotter in the middle and two on the sides they all 4 rep out one or two reps. lol

Benching all the way down is a must. [patriot]

[ October 12, 2010, 12:00 PM: Message edited by: Bigchelis ]

Posts: 161 | From: San Jose,Ca | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
98 GT
¯
Member # 7944

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 GT  Ford pictures for 98 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im at 200 and I maxed about 4 months ago at football an hit 320.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by Bigchelis:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Me either.

That is my biggest pet-pieve. People load up the bench with 315 and I have seen up to 6 plates on each side done the same way, but worse.

Half way or 2in down then back up, yes that ridiculous.

Then with a spotter in the middle and two on the sides they all 4 rep out one or two reps. lol

Benching all the way down is a must. [patriot]

Also people the do this and have their grip so that they are essentially working tris irritate me too..lol. I have my grip so my forearms essentially stay perpendicular to the floor. And I have long arms so that is sometimes near the returns.
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im at about 300lbs(bouncing the bar off the chest with momentum helping and arms bent at the end of the upward motion)

with proper technique im at 1/2 of that but cuz i like to boast big numbers, i choose to go w/ the 1st technique. feels good to know im pumping big numbers.

[Razz]

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

mikeP
¯
Member # 4489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mikeP  Ford pictures for mikeP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
@26yo weight 193 b-press maxed out @455..use to do stalls with 3 plates 6-8 reps 3 seconds sitn on the chest...now @35 retired straight cardio...

[ October 12, 2010, 10:01 PM: Message edited by: mikeP ]

--------------------
91 vert lx 5.0, 68 CS, 69 BB nova

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com