Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » legalizing Weed (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: legalizing Weed
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by theturbofrdguy:
quote:
Originally posted by 510cpskid:
its basically legal now and by legalizing it theirs going to be harsher laws for driving you want to get sobriety tested on the side of the road because the cop smells weed you fuck that keep it the way it is

Well dont smoke and drive. When, and i do say WHEN, they legalize it, they are going to do the same exact thing as booze. If your caught over a certain limit, your gonna get a DUI.

And they are already lookin into ways of testing for THC levels in the system. There is no technology currently for this that works like a brethalyzer, but there has been no need. Now that there is need, you bet your ass companies are looking into it.

People who say that the state wont make money off of it are also either A) just plain stupid and undereducated or B) a grower/drug dealer who doesnt want to lose business

The state gains in a number of ways on this one. You drastically reduce the number of state criminal cases involving weed. This free's up huge amount of money/resources. The cops are free to go around getting 'real' drugs off the street. Saves a ton of money in prosecution and enforcement.

Next you have the tax side of it. You bet your ass the majority of people would go to a store and buy weed like you do ciggarettes. BILLIONS of tax dollars right there.

I believe that they will also make it so you have to get a permit to grow at home over certain amounts (just like alcohol). This will generate revenue. If you are a grower now, you sure as hell would want to get in on the permit, so you would have zero fear of being raided, and continue to grown.

Its a win/win for the state no matter which way you cut it.

This plus more.

And there is proof that legalizing it will work. Look to the end of prohibition. Same people that lobbied against that are the same ones lobbying now. Special interest groups and bootleggers...

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its win win for both the state and the people who smoke that are not criminals other than this particular law. Only dumb asses get pulled over high and should go to jail anyways.
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LOL, bootleggers are pissed they might have to find real jobs now.
gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtowned  Ford pictures for gtowned    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im laughing at all the people who are saying legalize it and get your lic/permit and youre good to go and not have fear of being raided.What you guys dont realize is it will still be illegal on a federal level and you can still get hemmed up just as easily.

Why would I vote no?Because I do grow right now.Instead of paying 10 racks for a growers license I can get a 100$ doctors recommendation that will make me just as legal as it would be if it passes in november.Another reason is right now I sell legally to dispensaries pay my normal taxes on the money and Im all good.Now why would I want to pay more taxes on the same money Im getting now.Ill pass.And for the big picture Im just as legal now as I would be in november.

And yes to whoever said I just dont want to get a "real" job.

--------------------
Taking terminators off the road one at a time...

Posts: 1106 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by gtowned:
Im laughing at all the people who are saying legalize it and get your lic/permit and youre good to go and not have fear of being raided.What you guys dont realize is it will still be illegal on a federal level and you can still get hemmed up just as easily.

Why would I vote no?Because I do grow right now.Instead of paying 10 racks for a growers license I can get a 100$ doctors recommendation that will make me just as legal as it would be if it passes in november.Another reason is right now I sell legally to dispensaries pay my normal taxes on the money and Im all good.Now why would I want to pay more taxes on the same money Im getting now.Ill pass.And for the big picture Im just as legal now as I would be in november.

And yes to whoever said I just dont want to get a "real" job.

I am sure it will not be 10g's for a growers license.

But I respect your position. Like I said, the people that are opposing this are bootleggers and special interest. You lie somewhere inbetween those 2. So your reasoning is self serving. Which I totally respect. But be ready to change your business model or polish up your resume.

Ona side note, there are way too many holes in the current system. And we all know you dont just sell to dispensaries...lol. JK.

Real talk, there are no downsides to legalizing it from a standpoint other than yours. And even in your example, you get your hustle right and you can still come out on top.

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Your gonna have to go back to 13th grade or ITT tech, cause once Walmarts in the game we'll be buying pounds for 500 bucks.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:
...cause once Walmarts in the game we'll be buying pounds for 500 bucks.

Damn I want to vote no now....lol. Walmart already has enough tweakers.
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
...cause once Walmarts in the game we'll be buying pounds for 500 bucks.

Damn I want to vote no now....lol. Walmart already has enough tweakers.
Why are they legalizing meth too? If that happened, stockton pd wouldnt have anything to do.
Captain Obvious
¯
Member # 7842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Obvious  Ford pictures for Captain Obvious    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ September 20, 2010, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: 68stanger ]

--------------------
It's NOT illegal. It's just frowned upon, like masturbating on an airplane.

gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtowned  Ford pictures for gtowned    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If it does go legal its not like Im fucked Im just gonna have to pay more money to make it.The plus side is I wouldnt be restricted as to how much I grow.

--------------------
Taking terminators off the road one at a time...

Posts: 1106 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Your gonna have to go back to 13th grade or ITT tech, cause once Walmarts in the game we'll be buying pounds for 500 bucks.

Fuck Walmart. They'll probably buy their shit from China. It'll be laced with all sorts of chemicals. I'm buying my weed from Costco. Kirkland weed bitches! LOL

[ September 20, 2010, 07:30 PM: Message edited by: wilit ]

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
theturbofrdguy
¯
Member # 10224

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for theturbofrdguy  Ford pictures for theturbofrdguy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
If it does go legal its not like Im fucked Im just gonna have to pay more money to make it.The plus side is I wouldnt be restricted as to how much I grow.

Hey, you could be the next bill gates of Weed growing!

--------------------
1985 SVO - T3/T4 .63AR turbo upgrade, Front Mount IC, CAI ect. SDS Standalone ECU and 55lb injectors soon + 28PSI of boost coming soon.

5LiterSpeeder
¯
Member # 8234

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5LiterSpeeder  Ford pictures for 5LiterSpeeder    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

From my understanding you(everyone with medicinal prescriptions) will be restricted much much more than you are now..

I've heard something as crazy as 3 plants and 1 ounce....

Personally i think we(Californians) are guinea pigs and Califoria is trying to see what and how exactly they can control us...

--------------------
93'Ex 4cyl Notch TFS H/C/I 3.55s 4 wheel Cobra brakes, V2-SQ, 14 psi
RIP BRANDON, SILVERLX-

Posts: 561 | From: Healdsburg | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
saleen_freak
¯
Member # 6521

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saleen_freak  Ford pictures for saleen_freak    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The day marijuanna gets legalized is the day Marboro dedicates 1/3 of its already ready land to grow some commeriacal grade joints for the public. Most people don't have a friendly weed pusher or know how to grow themselves. Can we agree that there are more smokers than growers? Also it will be the gateway for kids to get it w/o their parents knowing they took a nug from their stash. Marboro will be paying taxes and Mexico will be smuggling in their version. Regardless the quality will be bad and weed will all of a sudden become addicting. Food for thought.
BTW the the ones that know how to grow will still be able to grow great quality weed, and be able to sell to the ones that care about quality. But there will be many growers if marijuanna gets legalized.

Posts: 211 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Feb 2006  |  :
Captain Obvious
¯
Member # 7842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Obvious  Ford pictures for Captain Obvious    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
weed will NOT be seen (to the people that matter) as an equal to cigs or alcohol. once they legalize it it will be heavly regulated even more so then it is now. the only people that will be allowed to produce will be the richest of the rich with connections on getting around red tape (permits and such).

weed shops will be treated just like a Gun shop in SF sure its legal but nobody will be for it and only gods word will get you a permit to sell/grow on a commercial scale.

so forget about all that nonsense of people will open shops and we can tax it bullshit. now they will be regulating weed even harder,they won't be selling it at yur local store, there will be even more loops to jump through for weed. now its trully MEDICINAL. a headache or a boo boo on your knee isn't going to get you a cannabis card anymore.

so hope it does not pass for YOUR sake [patriot]

--------------------

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

You potheads are so whacked out, you want it legal, now you dont because this will happen and that. Make up your high ass minds! Isnt this what those dudes at NORML have been lobbying for years? How much harder could it be regulated since now its ILLEGAL?
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Legalizing it won't change the economy. Everytime i would fly to a fire all i had to do is look down and you can see the plantations everywhere behind peoples houses.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

510cpskid
¯
Member # 8277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510cpskid  Ford pictures for 510cpskid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Its win win for both the state and the people who smoke that are not criminals other than this particular law. Only dumb asses get pulled over high and should go to jail anyways.

so you never drive with any alcohol in your system huh

--------------------
old set up
92 coupe 100 wet nx 410's mickey t's
new set up
?

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:
Legalizing it won't change the economy. Everytime i would fly to a fire all i had to do is look down and you can see the plantations everywhere behind peoples houses.

So you think because you fly over peoples houses and see people growing weed legalizing it won't affect the whole state of California..

Generalize much?

Medical marijuana makes BILLIONS a year. Agramed is trying to build a warehouse in Oakland that will make millions a year in taxes alone! Look up Harborside, iGrow, etc these companies are becoming financial powerhouses.

The bottom line is that cities/counties are seeing the ridiculous profits that "lazy potheads" are making and they want a share. A $50-$100/ounce share.

I'm all for legalizing it because whether or not you smoke it, it's just a PLANT.

Even if it doesn't pass people will buy Prop 215 cards and continue buying it under Uncle Sams nose.

Captain Obvious
¯
Member # 7842

quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:
quote:

So you think because you fly over peoples houses and see people growing weed legalizing it won't affect the whole state of California..

Generalize much?

Medical marijuana makes BILLIONS a year. Agramed is trying to build a warehouse in Oakland that will make millions a year in taxes alone! Look up Harborside, iGrow, etc these companies are becoming financial powerhouses.

The bottom line is that cities/counties are seeing the ridiculous profits that "lazy potheads" are making and they want a share. A $50-$100/ounce share.

I'm all for legalizing it because whether or not you smoke it, it's just a PLANT.

Even if it doesn't pass people will buy Prop 215 cards and continue buying it under Uncle Sams nose.

once marijuana is legalized it will just be another crop, now that its no longer illegal it will loose its value. and that so called planned million dollar crop in oakland is now a waste of space.

those high prices that you see for marijuana is because of its illegal status, which those cities/counties will NOT see once its made legal.

--------------------

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Generalize much?

Yep its not going to make anything for the state everyone will grow it.
If your going to post statistics post the link, i bet pot makes billions a year in the entire USA not CA.

[ September 21, 2010, 12:50 AM: Message edited by: WildFire532FB ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here's the actually Prop

http://ag.ca.gov/cms_attachments/initiatives/pdfs/i821_initiative_09-0024_amdt_1-s.pdf

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Generalize much?

If your going to post statistics post the link, i bet pot makes billions a year in the entire USA not CA.

law officials are being overworked and all, legalizing it would lessen their work load and free up some extra money.

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by 306Coupe:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Generalize much?

law officials are being overworked and all, legalizing it would lessen their work load and free up some extra money.
i never said i was against it, i just said its not going to do what people think its going to do.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fuck it..... If it's for tax money and you wanna quick out of the current economy here in Ca. We should make prostitution , weed and gambling legal here in Ca. You want tax revenue, that's where the moneys at. You wouldn't have to go to hot ass Vegas to have fun. Plus you could smoke all a refer you want. Just think, you can get a bj while smoking a blunt then go play a few hands of 3 card poker.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com