Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » need help with loans (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: need help with loans
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
7K a month? Thats dollar menunaire territory there. LOL [Big Grin]

-

[ August 12, 2010, 12:53 AM: Message edited by: Yaterstang ]

gt chris
¯
Member # 9512

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gt chris  Ford pictures for gt chris        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:
7K a month? Thats dollar menunaire territory there. LOL [Big Grin]

-

lol yeahhh lol 7k u.s.c doin it big
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
go to school first and worry about the toys later when you can afford it. its nice and all to be making enough money right out of hs to pay for your toys but soon than later ull realize that all that was a waste of time and ull be left wondering why u wasted so much time for a stupid car.
priorities priorites...pay your dues now and ull be comfortable later making more than 7k a month if u choose the right profession.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
youngsters and credit. (shakes head) but i guess we were all there, been there and done that. when you're young you think you know it all and never heed the advice of your elders. some gotta learn the hard way.

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
RODRIGUEZ
¯
Member # 9104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RODRIGUEZ  Ford pictures for RODRIGUEZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
get a prepaid credit card, then a low limit credit card, run the low limit credit card up to max (like $500) pay the minimum for a month or 2, then pay it off, raise the limit, do this a few times and you'll build your credit.

I didn't know what mine was until I got my truck last year, never had a loan, just 1 credit card with a low limit that I started out from $200 and was up to $7500 at the time. Credit score was 740, once I pay my truck off next year hopefully it will be even better [dance]

How old are you Blind? If you don't mind me asking.

I'm 20 and have a credit score of 740 aswell....

I started building it the minute I turned 18 and keep better care of it then most other things.

Sydewayz_Stan
¯
Member # 10217

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sydewayz_Stan  Ford pictures for Sydewayz_Stan  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my rule of thumb for the last two years has been, if i cant put 80% down i dont buy it. its a pain paying huge payments and always try to pay more than the minimum payment especially at the beginning thats when the loan charges the most money. the less you get financed, the lower the payments, interest, stress, etc. and when you pay a large portion up front you arent negative on your loan so if you decide you want to sell or trade in after a year or so your car most likely will be worth more than what you still owe.

--------------------
-90 Vert-SOLD
-91 Notch-SOLD
-2000 Explorer 5.0-SOLD
-72 Maverick-SOLD
-2004 GT, vortech V2 si, 10 psi-
-2002 F150 supercrew-

Posts: 3432 | From: 707 vallejo/richmond 510 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  :
cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sucking the dicks of the banks and car dealers by fucking around with payments is stupid.

It sounds to me like author of this thread is broke, so if that is indeed the case, then why the fuck are worried about getting a fuckin car when your income is shit?

If you are a dip shit with no skills then you need to do something about that right now so you can get a good paying job. The fancy cars will come later.

Don't act like a stupid mother fucker by pissing away all of your burger joint pay into your fuckin car.

my .02

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
RODRIGUEZ
¯
Member # 9104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RODRIGUEZ  Ford pictures for RODRIGUEZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cobraracer46:
Sucking the dicks of the banks and car dealers by fucking around with payments is stupid.

It sounds to me like author of this thread is broke, so if that is indeed the case, then why the fuck are worried about getting a fuckin car when your income is shit?

If you are a dip shit with no skills then you need to do something about that right now so you can get a good paying job. The fancy cars will come later.

Don't act like a stupid mother fucker by pissing away all of your burger joint pay into your fuckin car.

my .02

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA harsh, but yeah man you sound like you need a better income before you can even think about buying a 18k plus car in this economym, and you're still a student rite? [Roll Eyes]
CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SFvert:
youngsters and credit. (shakes head) but i guess we were all there, been there and done that. when you're young you think you know it all and never heed the advice of your elders. some gotta learn the hard way.

Ditto on that. When I was 18 all I was worried about was paying for my tuition at UCSC and hoping I'd have enough money for food, gas, and insurance while going to school and work full time. I am glad I waited on getting any expensive toys back then. Most of the guys/gals that did indulge still don't have their "dream" cars and would all probably would agree that they should have waited first, did the hard work, and then reap the benefits later.

If you really think about it...you should not have to kill yourself over getting that terminator. It is just a car and then something else better comes out and then your sort of screwed..plus cutting it that close in finances is a sure recipe for getting your credit jacked up.

Okay..off my soapbox.
[Wink]

[ August 20, 2010, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: CobramanPhil ]

Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
SSF_5.0_WARRIOR
¯
Member # 10170

Ford Icon 4 posted      Profile for SSF_5.0_WARRIOR  Ford pictures for SSF_5.0_WARRIOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fuck the car payment..I am only 19 and got two coo ass cars so I understand what you are trying to do..but be patient your time will come. Work your ass OFF and get that money and you will succeed in it trust me that's what I did. And stay in school I am doing that also. Its a win win situation. Your parents will be happy, hot girls to see every day, it will make you smarter and apply for Faniancial Aid FREE money. Just for the record I anit no fucking rich kid either if anyone's thinking that.. [Big Grin]
Posts: 952 | From: South San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
SSF_5.0_WARRIOR
¯
Member # 10170

Ford Icon 4 posted      Profile for SSF_5.0_WARRIOR  Ford pictures for SSF_5.0_WARRIOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

my .02

Relax on the kid dude we don't all got life figured out like you..Truth to what you said tho..
[patriot]

Posts: 952 | From: South San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
gt chris
¯
Member # 9512

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gt chris  Ford pictures for gt chris        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SSF_5.0_WARRIOR:
quote:

my .02

Relax on the kid dude we don't all got life figured out like you..Truth to what you said tho..
[patriot]

i feel you im not rich nether came from a poor ass mexican fam both parents work and bother sisters got ther masters and parents have n0 papers but im going to college also to be a mechanic and also a chief but i just wanna keep my 98 gt and get an 03 cobra for my pops thats the real reason
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wtf??! Cobra for an illegal? That sounds like the dumbest ass shit I've ever heard of.
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by G.T. chris:
quote:
Originally posted by SSF_5.0_WARRIOR:
quote:

my .02

[patriot]

i feel you im not rich nether came from a poor ass mexican fam both parents work and bother sisters got ther masters and parents have n0 papers but im going to college also to be a mechanic and also a chief but i just wanna keep my 98 gt and get an 03 cobra for my pops thats the real reason
Why not have one of Your sibling's co-sign with You and You all split the payment's 3 way's? They seem to be older and farther along with their lives & career's so why take all the weight and risk on Your shoulder's? Pop's would probably be just as happy with a shiny GT. Sound's like You have a good heart but I will guarantee Your pop'sI would'nt want You to risk financial ruin or even any sort of hardship for a car, I know I would'nt want My children to [patriot] . How about getting a nice fox or new edge that is in decent shape and You guy's work on making it into a cobra or saleen clone? Do what You feel neccesary Bro but this shit could hold You back for year's to come and cars come and go.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
wtf??! Cobra for an illegal? That sounds like the dumbest ass shit I've ever heard of.

I have to agree with You Yater what if they pull Him over and take the car??

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

gt chris
¯
Member # 9512

quote:

lol sorry dad is a citizen but was not born here haha
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
focus on school and only school and you will thank yourself later. Take school as far as you can. People are willing to pay you for what you know. And the more you know, the more they pay you.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com