Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » CRAZY COPS last night

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: CRAZY COPS last night
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SHORTSHIFTER89 came over last night and test drove my 91 GT with a Tremec in it last night to make sure he liked the tranny before I pulled it out. So the 91 GT doesnt have registration so I pulled the back plate off my 95 GT with 2011 tags to do a quick test drive. Right before we pulled into my driveway a Cop turns on his lights to pull us over for a light being out, so we stop in front of my driveway in front of my 95 GT which still had its front plate on it. The Cop comes up to the car and asks the normal questions and then says I smell weed, which is odd we didnt smell it, and asks us to step out the car and searches us and the car, meanwhile 3 other police cars show up. After finding nothing wrong with us, they inform me that they found small traces of weed in the car, but never showed me nothing, asked how long I owned the car, I said not long and I was selling it. Then they tell me that they are not giving me a ticket for the light being out and let me go. I guess they didnt have nothing better to do but the idiots never noticed that the plates were for a 95 GT and the front plate was on my 95 GT 6 feet away. SHORTSHIFTER89, 42, and I, 38, are older than the Cops that pulled us over and they acted like they just pulled over some big time dealers are something and we both dont smoke weed. I guess they were profiling the car.

[ August 01, 2010, 12:25 PM: Message edited by: racsirx ]

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You must at least look like a stoner. What color are you?
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by racsirx:
So the 91 GT doesnt have registration so I pulled the back plate off my 95 GT with 2011 tags to do a quick test drive.

There's your probable cause right there. I'm not saying cops don't do too much at times but you start your story with we drove a car with no registration with plates off of another car!
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
CobraTerritory
¯
Member # 6476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobraTerritory  Ford pictures for CobraTerritory  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you guys got lucky. [Eek!]

--------------------
Advanced Auto Built
5.0 Mustang & Super Fords October 2013 Cover Car
1 Of 0 Bright Atlantic Blue Terminator

Posts: 1546 | From: Oakland, CA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  :
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fstryde3:
quote:
Originally posted by racsirx:
So the 91 GT doesnt have registration so I pulled the back plate off my 95 GT with 2011 tags to do a quick test drive.

There's your probable cause right there. I'm not saying cops don't do too much at times but you start your story with we drove a car with no registration with plates off of another car!
For real, i just got my 95gt running thanks to Dan aka BotlGt and i had to drive it from San Ramon to Manteca with plates that were 3 years out of reg and sweating bullets the whole time. I thought about swapping plates from one of my other cars but figured thatd makes things worse should I get pulled over.
Thankfully I had my stock Hpipe in the car, papers to reg it and a good story I was on my way to smog it.

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you got really luck,I believe switching plates like that can catch you a felony ...
SacNotch50
¯
Member # 7439

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SacNotch50  Ford pictures for SacNotch50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
punk ass cops are that dumb so much other shit goin on they wanna have 3 more cop cars pull up just cause they smell weed what a waste funny how they try make a big deal when it comes to weed smell in cars but your lucky they didnt notice the plates
Posts: 232 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SacNotch50:
punk ass cops are that dumb so much other shit goin on they wanna have 3 more cop cars pull up just cause they smell weed what a waste funny how they try make a big deal when it comes to weed smell in cars but your lucky they didnt notice the plates

Says the guy with weed in his car LOL
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
must been a slow night in concord lee for that many cops to show up
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not trying to be a dick, but if I were an officer, I would want to have as much back up as possible. Most officer involded shooting begin from pullin cars over for little things. Im sure your gonna think twice about harming an officer if theres more than one.

You know, a lot of people talk bad about officers, but when it comes down to it there just doing there job, like anyone of us that have jobs. The day that your in need of one and there not there, you will understand.

I understand that there are good cops and bad cops, and I don't think its right to harrass an individual for minor violations, but a tailight, cell phone, tint, are all good PC and could lead to busting someone that shouldnt be free.

Anyway, glad you got off scott free though! [Whoo Whooooo!]

[ August 01, 2010, 07:08 PM: Message edited by: MikeD. ]

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
SHORTSHIFTER89
¯
Member # 7810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHORTSHIFTER89  Ford pictures for SHORTSHIFTER89    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea it was all bad lastnite. but the one thing that got under my skin was that nosey ass neighbor from down the street asking the cops about what happend here. i no everybody has one of those types of neighbors that call the cope for your pipes or music or tomany stangs parked out from.

--------------------
1989 Mustang 5.0 HCI NOW SUPERCHARGED
2013 Range Rover Sport
2011 Bmw 5501 twin turbo 530HP
1998 silverado c1500 cheyenne

Posts: 923 | From: 707 hillside | Registered: Jul 2007  |  :
SHORTSHIFTER89
¯
Member # 7810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHORTSHIFTER89  Ford pictures for SHORTSHIFTER89    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea it was all bad lastnite. but the one thing that got under my skin was that nosey ass neighbor from down the street asking the cops about what happend here. i no everybody has one of those types of neighbors that call the cope for your pipes or music or tomany stangs parked out front.

--------------------
1989 Mustang 5.0 HCI NOW SUPERCHARGED
2013 Range Rover Sport
2011 Bmw 5501 twin turbo 530HP
1998 silverado c1500 cheyenne

Posts: 923 | From: 707 hillside | Registered: Jul 2007  |  :
Broke4.6
¯
Member # 9085

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Broke4.6  Ford pictures for Broke4.6    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:
You must at least look like a stoner. What color are you?

how the fuck do you look like a stoner? what difference does it make what color he is? black,white,brown...every color smokes weed...you and your "stoner" comments are fuckin retarded!

--------------------
01 GT -lazer red- 32v swap

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MikeD.:
Not trying to be a dick, but if I were an officer, I would want to have as much back up as possible. Most officer involded shooting begin from pullin cars over for little things. Im sure your gonna think twice about harming an officer if theres more than one.

You know, a lot of people talk bad about officers, but when it comes down to it there just doing there job, like anyone of us that have jobs. The day that your in need of one and there not there, you will understand.

I understand that there are good cops and bad cops, and I don't think its right to harrass an individual for minor violations, but a tailight, cell phone, tint, are all good PC and could lead to busting someone that shouldnt be free.

Anyway, glad you got off scott free though! [Whoo Whooooo!]

[patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

925GT50
¯
Member # 2683

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 925GT50  Ford pictures for 925GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They tried to catch you riding dirty!! Jk lee. Cops are so stupid goes to show that didn't even catch the plate. So the 95 is finished now? You still got the teal 94??

--------------------
1990 GT hatch (owned since 05')
1988 GT (sold)
1995 SN95 Cobra (totaled/parted)
1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am LT1 (daily driver)

racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes, I still have the Teal 94 GT

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com