Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » What county hasn't switched to water based paints?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: What county hasn't switched to water based paints?
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well with the recent switch to water based paints in San Joaquin county it has been looking for a new body shop to paint my fastback.

Anyone know one in the general vicinity that still sprays acrylic?

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Fostang:
Well with the recent switch to water based paints in San Joaquin county it has been looking for a new body shop to paint my fastback.

Anyone know one in the general vicinity that still sprays acrylic?

your going to have to go out of the state to get your fast back painted with acrylic
wht2000gt
¯
Member # 10127

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wht2000gt  Ford pictures for wht2000gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your gonna have to go to Washington or Oregon.
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nevada, but my boy paints with it still.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
SHOalex
¯
Member # 7720

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOalex  Ford pictures for SHOalex    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can some one explain the cons of water based paint?

--------------------
BAM! POW! Right in the kisser.

1RaW03SvT
¯
Member # 9151

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1RaW03SvT  Ford pictures for 1RaW03SvT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
to be honest i have talked to several diff painters i used to work for and they actually really like the water based paint and some say its better and others say diff!! but to be honest it will be hard to find some one to spray the og way cause the risk of getting swooped on by osha

--------------------
2003 SoNiC BlUe CoBrA
BUILT

Posts: 2159 | From: *SVTaDDicT* | Registered: May 2009  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what up copper. what color do you want to go? Depending on the color you can just buy House of Kolors, which is a custom paint, urethane, and doesn't fall to the CA regulations. They have an additive that they put in the HOK to make it legal. But everyone that shoots it doesn't use it. HOK BLACK is the blackest black if you want to go that route...

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
water based paint is legit . theyve been using it for years and almost all new cars are sprayed with water bourne paint.

there is not such thing as cheap water bourne paint. just make sure all the body work is done right and the color should not be a problem unless your going candy or going mystic

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

SHOalex
¯
Member # 7720

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOalex  Ford pictures for SHOalex    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This almost sounds like when things got moved from R12 to R134 and people didn't want to convert over because they thought 134 just didn't "blow as cold"

If I've learned anything in my short years of life it's people hate change even if it's a good change people hate it for a while because it's new.

--------------------
BAM! POW! Right in the kisser.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com