Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » RIP Jack Tatum

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: RIP Jack Tatum
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Meanest mofo to ever lace em up.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5413917

Oh and if your a youngster and have no clue who he is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJrDYQwwbuY

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That guy was an amazing player. RIP. [patriot]

Probably all these youngsters on this forum don't know who he is. [Big Grin]

[ July 27, 2010, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: wilit ]

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow i have a couple autographs of his, i have one that has him leaning over the viking guy he put the smack down on and its signed jack tatum " the assasin "

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
POWERED BY FORD
¯
Member # 9204

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for POWERED BY FORD  Ford pictures for POWERED BY FORD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJrDYQwwbuY [/QB][/QUOTE]
N8 CHUGGNBREW'Z said that that was you at 2:50 in that video as a youngen

cagedblackgt
I <3 CAFords.com
Member # 10090

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cagedblackgt  Ford pictures for cagedblackgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
RIP [patriot]

--------------------
Making the moderators cyber-sit me is probably a good way of getting my account locked for a while. I know they're busy folks volunteering their time to help others out.It's selfish of me and others who make their task more time consuming and difficult than it already is. In fact I should either chip in and help out or not participate at all. I'm going to do my best to be part of the solution and not the problem from now on.

302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 302n/a  Ford pictures for 302n/a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
RIP a true raider legend

--------------------
Raiders A's Warriors Sharks

90_STANG015
¯
Member # 8990

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90_STANG015  Ford pictures for 90_STANG015    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Eek!] how f'n sad [Frown] . raider legend....

--------------------
RAIDER NATION

1990 GT (SOLD)
1988 LX DROP (SOLD)
1989 4 cyl Coupe (sold)
1998 SVT COBRA (SOLD)
1992 LX DROP
1994 GT
1995 Impala SS

t top freak
¯
Member # 6269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t top freak  Ford pictures for t top freak  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
RIP

i cant believe john lynch is number 10. never in my life have i seen someone hand out more sloberknockers then that guy [worship]

--------------------
1994 cobra - sold!
1986 t top gt - parted out and sold!
on the hunt for another

Posts: 1023 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Should be in the hall of fame but he put a real good hit on someone and paralyzed him but maybe now they'll induct him

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
totalkaos92
¯
Member # 5750

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for totalkaos92  Ford pictures for totalkaos92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow I dint hear about this, he use to live up the street from me!!!

RIP [Frown]

Posts: 2175 | From: the bay area | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
RIP
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
Should be in the hall of fame but he put a real good hit on someone and paralyzed him but maybe now they'll induct him

I doubt they let him in. I don't think he ever apologized to the guy. Not saying he should have. But he maintained his gangsta till the end.
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

I doubt they let him in. I don't think he ever apologized to the guy. Not saying he should have. But he maintained his gangsta till the end.
I listen to John Madden on KCBS in the mornings and it sounded like Tatum tried to visit Stingley several times, but was always turned away by his family. He's apologized a bunch of times, but Stingley never truely accepted it and never got over the incident.

Stingley got hosed by his own team. He was in the hospital and his entire team was on a plane after the game back to Mass. It was John Madden that rushed to the airport and got someone from the Patriots to get a rep to be with Stingley in the hospital for over a month. Madden and a couple of other Raiders players would visit Stingley in the hospital more than his own team would, and for that, they became real good friends.

Really, if you watch the footage, Stingley was trying to catch and uncatchable ball and got hit clean. It's the ground that caused the neck break, not Tatum.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by wilit:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

I listen to John Madden on KCBS in the mornings and it sounded like Tatum tried to visit Stingley several times, but was always turned away by his family. He's apologized a bunch of times, but Stingley never truely accepted it and never got over the incident.

Stingley got hosed by his own team. He was in the hospital and his entire team was on a plane after the game back to Mass. It was John Madden that rushed to the airport and got someone from the Patriots to get a rep to be with Stingley in the hospital for over a month. Madden and a couple of other Raiders players would visit Stingley in the hospital more than his own team would, and for that, they became real good friends.

Really, if you watch the footage, Stingley was trying to catch and uncatchable ball and got hit clean. It's the ground that caused the neck break, not Tatum.

I could have sworn I saw a special on him and he maintained there was nothing to apologize for. He was sad he got hurt but not sorry. I also agree the hit was clean. Actually most of his hits were clean by the standards of the NFL back then.

In any event I bet this keeps him out of the hall.

2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can anyone find a video of that hit?
Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com