Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » What Happen to the Strip?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: What Happen to the Strip?
KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KINGROY  Ford pictures for KINGROY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
In my neigborhood the strip has been increasingly dying every year for at least the past 3 years. I remember driving the strip from 1998-2004 and I was guaranteed to run across a car full of females or another muscle car that was willing to race by the time I completed my loop. It didn't matter what time of day or night, the strip used to be crackin. Now, I can't even find a scrapper on the strip to leave in a cloud of smoke. It's not like there's more police. It's like there's less people. I guess, higher gas prices and now this recession got folks thinking twice about cruising for no reason.

What's the strip like your neighborhood? Is it the same as it was 5 years ago, or does your strip seem to be dying off too.

Also, post the strip you used to or still cruise on.

Oakland:
Durant to High St between Mac, Foothill and Bancroft.

San Jose:
Santa Clara downtown San Jose. I stopped cruising this one in 2003. Reason being, got too crowded, felt more like traffic, plus too many police.

[ July 25, 2010, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: kingroy ]

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

Posts: 1642 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  :
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What do you know about the strip? lol

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

built95faleen
¯
Member # 8828

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for built95faleen  Ford pictures for built95faleen  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i hear ya man. a few friends and i would take our cars to modesto and drive up and down mchenry ave. we went about two years ago and saw vette clubs and rolled with about 20 other stangs. we saw a ton ls powered gms as well. went down in my 96 cobra about a month or two ago and saw one scrapper and a small gang of 4 civics. it was pretty sad
KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KINGROY  Ford pictures for KINGROY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 306Coupe:
What do you know about the strip? lol

lol. you know I know what's up about the strip. We used to ride that thing together when you had the 79 pace car and the 84 vette.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

quote:
Originally posted by built95faleen:
i hear ya man. a few friends and i would take our cars to modesto and drive up and down mchenry ave. we went about two years ago and saw vette clubs and rolled with about 20 other stangs. we saw a ton ls powered gms as well. went down in my 96 cobra about a month or two ago and saw one scrapper and a small gang of 4 civics. it was pretty sad

yeah, I did the Mchenry thing one time a couple of years ago. I saw a dude getting seached and held up by like 3 or 4 police cars at the gas station and at the same time and high speed chase with a helicopter and another group of police cars chasing went by on the freeway. For that split moment I had to ask myself where was I? lol

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I used to hit up lawrence and el camoino starbucks in sunnyvale, sometimes mccarthy ranch, or the In N Out on the eastside, man I miss lining 'em up on bailey. The muscle car scene around here is super dead, nothing like it is in the eastbay/peninsula area.

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Same here strip is dead used to be crackin every weekend it sucks now [Mad] [Frown]

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX: T-TOP PUMPKIN NOTCH
94N.C.F.GT: 418w
www.facebook.com/PLATINUM1320tv

Posts: 2790 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

quote:
Originally posted by svfreerider87:
I used to hit up lawrence and el camoino starbucks in sunnyvale, sometimes mccarthy ranch, or the In N Out on the eastside, man I miss lining 'em up on bailey. The muscle car scene around here is super dead, nothing like it is in the eastbay/peninsula area.

I didn't do too much in the penninsula, but I have been down to the In-N-Out near McCarthy Ranch. I think that was one of the 1st In-N-Outs in the Bay. But there used to be a gang of cars out there. My boy and I both had brand new 03 cobra's and we used to roll down there with a bunch of Maro's and Firebirds. Race a few times, then run from the police. lol

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

quote:
Originally posted by 94 N.C.F. GT:
Same here strip is dead used to be crackin every weekend it sucks now [Mad] [Frown]

Where did folks cruise at in Richmond?

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by kingroy:
quote:
Originally posted by svfreerider87:

I didn't do too much in the penninsula, but I have been down to the In-N-Out near McCarthy Ranch. I think that was one of the 1st In-N-Outs in the Bay. But there used to be a gang of cars out there. My boy and I both had brand new 03 cobra's and we used to roll down there with a bunch of Maro's and Firebirds. Race a few times, then run from the police. lol
lol ya if there's one thing about any kind of car meet/races around here the police always end up making an appearance, man I wanna get another hot rod, makes me want to cruise again.

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
90_STANG015
¯
Member # 8990

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90_STANG015  Ford pictures for 90_STANG015    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
mission blvd from niles all the way to the town. i always run in to other stangs and maros often. [burnout]

--------------------
RAIDER NATION

1990 GT (SOLD)
1988 LX DROP (SOLD)
1989 4 cyl Coupe (sold)
1998 SVT COBRA (SOLD)
1992 LX DROP
1994 GT
1995 Impala SS

2Foxes2Five0Coupes
¯
Member # 9154

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2Foxes2Five0Coupes  Ford pictures for 2Foxes2Five0Coupes    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90_STANG015:
mission blvd from niles all the way to the town. i always run in to other stangs and maros often. [burnout]

This cruise on a bike is live! You see other bikes on this "strip" and you always get a peace sign or a heads up. Never rode this one in the stang. The Oakland "strip" is sorta dead to muscle cars or their owners. I watched a clean Vert stang with the top down today coming towards me {in my 50coupe) more than a block away and dude barely looked my way as if he didn't see me or he didn't know he was even in a stang.? Maybe it was a 4.6 thing vs 5.0 thing dunno. That was the only muscle car i saw on the strip today. A cat in a baby blue ls1 across from vic hubbards gave a muscle car whats up in Hayward awhile back though. You feel how live car culture is when different or similar platforms acknowledge each other.
KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

quote:
Originally posted by 2Foxes2Five0Coupes:
quote:

This cruise on a bike is live! You see other bikes on this "strip" and you always get a peace sign or a heads up. Never rode this one in the stang. The Oakland "strip" is sorta dead to muscle cars or their owners. I watched a clean Vert stang with the top down today coming towards me {in my 50coupe) more than a block away and dude barely looked my way as if he didn't see me or he didn't know he was even in a stang.? Maybe it was a 4.6 thing vs 5.0 thing dunno. That was the only muscle car i saw on the strip today. A cat in a baby blue ls1 across from vic hubbards gave a muscle car whats up in Hayward awhile back though. You feel how live car culture is when different or similar platforms acknowledge each other.
was this on 98th and Mac? If so, that was me. lol. I looked your way as you turned your head back the other way if that was you. lol. Nice 50 btw.
KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

quote:

I've never done the whole route. I used to go from jackson to stevenson when I worked in fremont, I used to see svtmach all the time coming back from work. I'ma give this one a try one weekend when I'm bored.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hesperian Blvd. FTW!! [burnout]

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Most people don't want to deal with this,  -
90_STANG015
¯
Member # 8990

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90_STANG015  Ford pictures for 90_STANG015    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by kingroy:
quote:

I've never done the whole route. I used to go from jackson to stevenson when I worked in fremont, I used to see svtmach all the time coming back from work. I'ma give this one a try one weekend when I'm bored.
ya on the weekends you can run into alot of people. i drive my drop top on the weekends an always drive mission blvd from the fremont area to oakland/san leandro. most the time i jus drive through hayward though just to drive. KELLY HILL, HESPERION, TENNYSON, AST, FOOTHILL BLVD.... i always run into other mustangs and camaros. all years [patriot]
Songs i listen to with the top down:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4UqMyldS7Q
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_Tv9uM0Ups
[burnout] [burnout] [burnout] [worship] [burnout]

--------------------
RAIDER NATION

1990 GT (SOLD)
1988 LX DROP (SOLD)
1989 4 cyl Coupe (sold)
1998 SVT COBRA (SOLD)
1992 LX DROP
1994 GT
1995 Impala SS

blkfoxbody89
5.O
Member # 8361

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blkfoxbody89  Ford pictures for blkfoxbody89    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:
Most people don't want to deal with this,  -

Yeah that was a fun night.. blocked in by 3 sherrif and a chp. atleast they didn't follow through with their threats of towing the cars with illegal mods..

--------------------
'89 gt
'90 gt

Posts: 976 | From: sacramento | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Or putting us in jail for treaspassing. They hated but at least nothing happened to anybody.
blown95svt
¯
Member # 8893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blown95svt  Ford pictures for blown95svt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:
Or putting us in jail for treaspassing. They hated but at least nothing happened to anybody.

where and when was this? i couldnt imagine getting pulled over in my car, they would freak!

--------------------
95 cobra blown 331 gr40 suspension
***NEED QUALITY WORK FOR HALF THE PRICE? I DO SIDE JOBS! PM FOR DETAILS***
www.norcalmotorcompany.com

Posts: 1434 | From: roseville | Registered: Jan 2009  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com