Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » This is why boxing is corupt (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: This is why boxing is corupt
Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

]

Too many different leagues
Too many damn events. You sleep for 1 months it go from UFC 50 to UFC 300.
Dudes with like 4 fights get title shots.
I have no clue who the champs are.
It still seems more like a circus or a freak show. [/QB][/QUOTE]

too many leagues.. 3 wec ufc stikeforce
too many events 50-300.. come on now
4 fights gets title shot.. minors dont count in big leagues
circus or freak show... huh? seems more like your disposition towards the sport is what needs to be evaluated. to keep it simple just watch ufc (main organization) 4 weight classes and shows come up around once a month.

Posts: 1247 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^ It feels more like a PPV every other weekend. But no doubt I'll watch UFC over Boxing. (unless Manny quits ducking [Wink] )

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Mach916:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

]

Too many different leagues
Too many damn events. You sleep for 1 months it go from UFC 50 to UFC 300.
Dudes with like 4 fights get title shots.
I have no clue who the champs are.
It still seems more like a circus or a freak show.

too many leagues.. 3 wec ufc stikeforce
too many events 50-300.. come on now
4 fights gets title shot.. minors dont count in big leagues
circus or freak show... huh? seems more like your disposition towards the sport is what needs to be evaluated. to keep it simple just watch ufc (main organization) 4 weight classes and shows come up around once a month. [/QB][/QUOTE]
There is more than 3 leagues. There is some Japan stuff too.
They have way too many events that are PPV and the landscape changes way too often for me.
I see it all the time. Some new jack with okay lets say 8 fights gets a shot. It is just strange to me.
I have no disposition to the sport. I just do not know where to start with watching it. Even if it is 3 leagues. Times that by repeat weight classes in each. And you get a cluster f*ck, for someone just gettting into watching it. And I say circus because I watched more for the personalities than anything else. ie. Brock, Toney (soon) and Kimbo. Before those 2-3 I had no clue what MMA was.

Not taking anything from the athletes. Because I am sure they are among the elite in gladiator sports. I still prefer boxing. Only because it is what I am accustom to. Most people that do not enjoy boxing even now. Only watches for the big names. I watch to watch young fighters be the next great fighter. So I watch the free show on Fridays and even some of the no name ones that come on the odd channels. Not just the PPV ones. Which UFC seems to have nothing but PPV. Nothing that you can watch to see the guys grow for free.

[ July 26, 2010, 02:26 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com