Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » This is why boxing is corupt (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: This is why boxing is corupt
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=5407603

I called this from the begining. I knew Pacroid would fight Margacheato instead of Floyd. But their is no way in HELL Pacroid should fight for 154lb title (a division he has NEVER fought in before) against Margacheato who has one fight against a nobody a couple months back in Mexioo cause his license is still suspended. Neither one of these clowns are ranked in the top 10 in the division yet they are fighting for a vacant title? This is the reason more people are watchin MMA. Atleast in MMA you can't duck anybody or deal with crap like this. Personally I hop Margacheato puts brass knuckles in his glove and bashes manny's face in. and gets caught doing it after the fight and is banned for life! what a JOKE [Mad]

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Manys invincable that's why gayweather didn't want none. Easy win for pac
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:

Manny is nowhere near invincible...

--------------------

BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUKSING  Ford pictures for BUKSING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
A victory would give Pacquiao titles in a record eight weight divisions
only making his country more proud...LOL

gayweather can eat a dick..

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I give arum credit he managed to pull this off while making floyd look bad. 2 non ranked fighters fighting for a vacated title. one of the fighters never even having a fight in that weight classs. bullshit. manny and arum are everything that is wrong with boxing. floyd has his faults to. but the is some crooked ass shit. I hope margs musters some pride and wins this fight.
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
Originally posted by BUKSING:
quote:
A victory would give Pacquiao titles in a record eight weight divisions
only making his country more proud...LOL

gayweather can eat a dick..

and Pacroid can eat a dog [Big Grin]

--------------------

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

I give arum credit he managed to pull this off while making floyd look bad. 2 non ranked fighters fighting for a vacated title. one of the fighters never even having a fight in that weight classs. bullshit. manny and arum are everything that is wrong with boxing. floyd has his faults to. but the is some crooked ass shit. I hope margs musters some pride and wins this fight.
I'm sure Arum already told Margacheato to throw the fight lol! Do you really think Arum would let Margacheato beat his cash cow?

--------------------

P1mp1n
¯
Member # 1961

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for P1mp1n  Ford pictures for P1mp1n    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im sorry but in my opinion the only person that made them self look bad is mayweather himself, he knows there is a very good chance he will lose the fight against Pacman. Everything was done and signed ready to go for him, there was no "EXCUSES" this time. Put all the BS aside, if he wants to claim hes the best pound for pound, he needs to prove it and fight Pacman and then there will never be any doubts in anyone mind. Who ever wins this fight if it ever happens can retire and truly say they were one of the best pound for pound fights in boxing history.
Posts: 887 | From: Burlingame | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I strongly agree with what p1mp1n just said [Wink]

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX: T-TOP PUMPKIN NOTCH
94N.C.F.GT: 418w
www.facebook.com/PLATINUM1320tv

Posts: 2790 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by p1mp1n:
Im sorry but in my opinion the only person that made them self look bad is mayweather himself, he knows there is a very good chance he will lose the fight against Pacman. Everything was done and signed ready to go for him, there was no "EXCUSES" this time. Put all the BS aside, if he wants to claim hes the best pound for pound, he needs to prove it and fight Pacman and then there will never be any doubts in anyone mind. Who ever wins this fight if it ever happens can retire and truly say they were one of the best pound for pound fights in boxing history.

I can tell you do not follow boxing. Arum admittedly never had face to face talk with Mayweather or his team. But referred a message through a person through another person. One of which was a executive at HBO and the other person is a PR person for mayweather whom denies those talks took place. Never has a boxing match been negotiated this way. Historically Mayweather boxes once a year. Everyone knows this. Mayweathers trainer will more than likely be in jail during the middle of training or right before the fight. Again everyone knows this. Manny would not fight without Roach either. Mayweather was a away doing some promotional stuff when the absurd 3 day window was given. AND. That was given by way of a press conference that no one from Mayweathers camp was present.

Then ultimately you have several other GREAT fights Manny could take. Bradley, P-Dub.... BUT. He is choosing to fight a fighter that has been idle for a year and didnt look great in his last fight, for a vacant title neither of them deserve to fight for. Lets not forget the fact that both fighters are from Top Rank. So Arum gets money from both sides. This whole thing stinks. And for once Mayweather did nothing wrong at all.

Sucks that boxing has sunk to a new level of low.

[ July 25, 2010, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

rmadison007
¯
Member # 8670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rmadison007  Ford pictures for rmadison007    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There was never an agreement for Mayweather to sign, there was never negotiations for a Pacquaio vs Mayweather fight in Novemeber, there was never even an attempt to make this fight, Pacquiao's promoter has stated that he never talked to anyone from Golden Boy or Mayweather Promotions and has only spoke to HBO's Ross Greenburg threw one email ...Everything that was reported including the deadline was a PR stunt created by the Pacquiao camp to create the Margarito fight without backlash...Pacquiao has not even agreed to 14 day cutoff for Blood testing for a Mayweather fight...From the beginning of the first negotiations from last year Pacquiao's Promoter never really wanted a Mayweather fight yet...He wanted to make an attempt to make the fight for PR purposes while making Mayweather look like the person responsible for the fight not happening. He wants to milk every penny he can off of Pacquiao before he lets Pacquiao get
beat and exploited by Mayweather...He did the exact same thing to De La Hoya and Mayweather when they were promoted by him...HE IS THE SOLE REASON PACQUIAO VS MAYWEATHER HAS NOT BEEN MADE! IF YOU WANT TO BLAME ANYONE BLAME PACQUIAO'S PROMOTER...BOB ARUM!

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is not wwe, it's boxing. only b*tches care bout contacts, mannys about beating ass that's why he fighting and gayweathers watching.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
This is not wwe, it's boxing. only b*tches care bout contacts, mannys about beating ass that's why he fighting and gayweathers watching.

he really isnt concerned with fighting either. Or he would fight the best in the division. He found a sneaky trail to a eighth title while fighting only Arums fighters so he can control who lays down and when. Clottey, Cotto and Margarito. Sad. Had Sergio not vacated, there would be no talks of fighting at 154. Personally this is a bitch move unlike anything I have seen in boxing to date.
rmadison007
¯
Member # 8670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rmadison007  Ford pictures for rmadison007    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Actually manny is fighting because he need to fight twice to make what Mayweather makes in one fight...regardless of who Manny fights all roads lead to Mayweather and the Moseley fight proved it...Now his shady promoter's antics are being discovered and everyone is starting to realize that Pacquiao is the one allowing his promoter to duck Mayweather for him...As long as Manny fights in house his promoter receives roughly 50% of the purse...If he fight anyone else he one receives roughly 25%...Arum is exploiting everyone...
Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:

I called this from the begining. I knew Pacroid would fight Margacheato instead of Floyd. But their is no way in HELL Pacroid should fight for 154lb title (a division he has NEVER fought in before) against Margacheato who has one fight against a nobody a couple months back in Mexioo cause his license is still suspended. Neither one of these clowns are ranked in the top 10 in the division yet they are fighting for a vacant title? This is the reason more people are watchin MMA . Atleast in MMA you can't duck anybody or deal with crap like this. Personally I hop Margacheato puts brass knuckles in his glove and bashes manny's face in. and gets caught doing it after the fight and is banned for life! what a JOKE [Mad]

this is not why more and more people are watching mma... i know im going to get alot of shit for this but... mma is more exciting, unpredictable and raw.. when you watch mma you know your watching the best fighters in the world. [Cool] got my flame glasses on
Posts: 1247 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by Mach916:
quote:

I called this from the begining. I knew Pacroid would fight Margacheato instead of Floyd. But their is no way in HELL Pacroid should fight for 154lb title (a division he has NEVER fought in before) against Margacheato who has one fight against a nobody a couple months back in Mexioo cause his license is still suspended. Neither one of these clowns are ranked in the top 10 in the division yet they are fighting for a vacant title? This is the reason more people are watchin MMA . Atleast in MMA you can't duck anybody or deal with crap like this. Personally I hop Margacheato puts brass knuckles in his glove and bashes manny's face in. and gets caught doing it after the fight and is banned for life! what a JOKE [Mad]

this is not why more and more people are watching mma... i know im going to get alot of shit for this but... mma is more exciting, unpredictable and raw.. when you watch mma you know your watching the best fighters in the world. [Cool] got my flame glasses on
I may start watching MMA too. I have a few things I hate about MMA too.
Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:

what dont you like about mma?
Posts: 1247 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
Originally posted by rmadison007:
Actually manny is fighting because he need to fight twice to make what Mayweather makes in one fight...regardless of who Manny fights all roads lead to Mayweather and the Moseley fight proved it...Now his shady promoter's antics are being discovered and everyone is starting to realize that Pacquiao is the one allowing his promoter to duck Mayweather for him...As long as Manny fights in house his promoter receives roughly 50% of the purse...If he fight anyone else he one receives roughly 25%...Arum is exploiting everyone...

The funny thing is that Golden Boy ALSO gets a cut of manny's purse as settlement from when he signed to golden boy lol! Arum sued Golden boy but everytime manny fights Oscar gets like 10% or somethin ha ha ha! manny is an idiot!

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:

Too many different leagues
Too many damn events. You sleep for 1 months it go from UFC 50 to UFC 300.
Dudes with like 4 fights get title shots.
I have no clue who the champs are.
It still seems more like a circus or a freak show.

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:

things i hate about boxing

to many leagues
50 differnet champs
don't even know who's champ
picking tomato cans to pad unbeating streaks
picking fighters on drawing power and not skills
never get to see the best against the best..
don't get to see the fights the fans want to see..

[ July 25, 2010, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: warhorse58gt ]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:

things i hate about boxing

to many leagues
50 differnet champs
don't even know who's champ
picking tomato cans to pad unbeating streaks
picking fighters on drawing power and not skills
never get to see the best against the best..
don't get to see the fights the fans want to see..

Boxing only has one league?
But I do agree about the diff divisions and alphabet belts. Before they started doing junior this and super that.

The last 2 I agree with. But that is promoters killin the game.

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

I can tell you do not follow boxing. Arum admittedly never had face to face talk with Mayweather or his team. But referred a message through a person through another person. One of which was a executive at HBO and the other person is a PR person for mayweather whom denies those talks took place. Never has a boxing match been negotiated this way. Historically Mayweather boxes once a year. Everyone knows this. Mayweathers trainer will more than likely be in jail during the middle of training or right before the fight. Again everyone knows this. Manny would not fight without Roach either. Mayweather was a away doing some promotional stuff when the absurd 3 day window was given. AND. That was given by way of a press conference that no one from Mayweathers camp was present.

Then ultimately you have several other GREAT fights Manny could take. Bradley, P-Dub.... BUT. He is choosing to fight a fighter that has been idle for a year and didnt look great in his last fight, for a vacant title neither of them deserve to fight for. Lets not forget the fact that both fighters are from Top Rank. So Arum gets money from both sides. This whole thing stinks. And for once Mayweather did nothing wrong at all.

I honestly think Pacroid would K.O Tim bradley. he is not disciplined enough and throws wild punches. Paul Williams could beat him but in reality. He has not looked very good lately. if floyd fought him at 147 i would put money on Floyd.

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

I honestly think Pacroid would K.O Tim bradley. he is not disciplined enough and throws wild punches. Paul Williams could beat him but in reality. He has not looked very good lately. if floyd fought him at 147 i would put money on Floyd.
But those are the fights people (boxing fans) want to see. Plenty of fights at 140-147-154. I wish Sergio had not vacated so we can see if Manny would have chosen him for that eight title belt.

I too give mayweather the nod on P-Dub @ welter. But I guarantee Mayweathers chin would be tested in that fight. However I do not see Manny beating Bradley. Undisciplined as he is. He is a constant presence in the ring. SOrt of like Marquez and we see where that went with Manny. Tim Bradley is actually very very good.

[ July 25, 2010, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

But those are the fights people (boxing fans) want to see. Plenty of fights at 140-147-154. I wish Sergio had not vacated so we can see if Manny would have chosen him for that eight title belt.

I too give mayweather the nod on P-Dub @ welter. But I guarantee Mayweathers chin would be tested in that fight. However I do not see Manny beating Bradley. Undisciplined as he is. He is a constant presence in the ring. SOrt of like Marquez and we see where that went with Manny. Tim Bradley is actually very very good.

The last fight I saw Bradley in Last week I saw alot of flaws. bradley does not hit hard enough to keep manny off of him. Manny wins fights by forcing you to exchange with him. bradley does that one to many times and it's lights out!. Paul Williams is overrated in my opinion. Floyds chin is better than alot of people think. Mosely clipped him good and he did not go down. had that beeen his uncle or his dad in there they would of got K.oed! lol! his father and unce had suspect chins! [Big Grin] i think Floyd would easily outclass bradley too

--------------------

cees87drop
¯
Member # 4066

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cees87drop  Ford pictures for cees87drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am surprised to see that a lot of people truly understand why the fight isn't going down.... Bob Arum. [LIST]

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com