Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Old rap record ( who here own's wax ?)

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Old rap record ( who here own's wax ?)
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

Anyone else on here own this?
How many people on here collect or own old vinyl?

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
to funny, I had that way back in the day. It was a couple years before Lets's side. M.V.P. that had to be like 88.

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn, I'm not familiar with that 1, but it looks like an early version of "the Click"?

I have tons of vinyl, I'm not even sure how much I have, but thousands upon thousands of records...

[ July 24, 2010, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dag302: I knew at least one person would know what it was. [Smile]

Epik: I met up with an old friend and asked about his MPC's.... He sold a MPC 3000 for 250!!! [Eek!] I'm hella mad I didn't find out that one sooner.

--------------------

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Slowback67:
Dag302: I knew at least one person would know what it was. [Smile]

Epik: I met up with an old friend and asked about his MPC's.... He sold a MPC 3000 for 250!!! [Eek!] I'm hella mad I didn't find out that one sooner.

$250!!!! [Eek!] Thats a steal & a half.

--------------------

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

^^^No shit huh... he didn't know what they were going for or he wanted to hook someone up.... I just wish I would have found out before he sold it.
He was suprised when I told him what Sp-12's and 1200's are going for.

--------------------

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
^^^No shit huh... he didn't know what they were going for or he wanted to hook someone up.... I just wish I would have found out before he sold it.
He was suprised when I told him what Sp-12's and 1200's are going for.

I know, I wish I could get an SP12, or 1200, but man are they pricey. My buddy has an old SP1200 that needs to be fixed. I used to make beats on it all the time. They are hella primitive, but man the bass & kicks sound so deep out of em. Its funny because they only have 20 seconds of sample time, & we used to sample our records on 45 rpm, & then slow them down in the SP1200 so we could basically double the sample time that way. The downside was, it would make the samples sound very grainy & gritty...

man I can't believe that I have been making beats for 14 years, & DJ ing for almost 18 years [Eek!]

[ July 24, 2010, 02:20 PM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

^ I didn't think 1200's had that much ram? I thought it was like 5 seconds ( maybe I'm thinking of the sp-12 ) crazy how long you have been making beats.... You have put in hella years, hope you can hook up with some big name artists and get a radio hit.

Spinning them samples at 45 then bringing them back down does add some character to the samples. [Wink] I was going through records with my mom yesterday kinda showing her what sampling is and showed her some songs she knew and how they were fliped.

--------------------

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
^ I didn't think 1200's had that much ram? I thought it was like 5 seconds ( maybe I'm thinking of the sp-12 ) crazy how long you have been making beats.... You have put in hella years, hope you can hook up with some big name artists and get a radio hit.

Spinning them samples at 45 then bringing them back down does add some character to the samples. [Wink] I was going through records with my mom yesterday kinda showing her what sampling is and showed her some songs she knew and how they were fliped.

You know what, I think I am trippin. I do believe the SP-1200 actually had 10 seconds of sample time, & the original SP-12 had 5 seconds.

My buddy N8 DA GR8 from a local group called The CUF (California Underground Funk) used to be master of the SP12. He was the one who showed me the trick of speeding the samples up & slowing them down in the machine to double the sample time. He made beats with only 5 seconds of sample time, & you couldn't believe how they would sound. BTW, that 5 seconds of sample time has to include your kick, snare, & hi hit, etc, so there aint much to work with after that LOL...

Thanks bro...Yeah, I have been at it for a loooooong time, & have worked with major artists & all, but still havent got my break IMO... Hopefully 1 day, but the industry is pretty F#cked these days, & too watered down.

--------------------

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

BTW. This stuff is all hella old, from like 1998 or so, but my buddy made all of this on an SP12 with 5 seconds of sample time. Well all except a few of the scratches, & 1 or 2 keyboard sounds in the back ground on the re-evolution track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pr31uVSiPY&feature=PlayList&p=112FF8675741D489&playnext=1&index=16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j43ayAZ3YyM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1Awp7rzPcE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5uMV6NjQXw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgGzMAt36dM&feature=related

[ July 24, 2010, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------

its50
¯
Member # 4069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for its50  Ford pictures for its50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i bought an ASR10 with the expanded output just last saturday at garage sale for 100 bucks.ladys son went to jail when he turned 18 in 92 and its sat in his room this entire time.after he got out he went to the navy and touched it.it was always at moms in the same spot in the room he grew up in.this thing is brand new dude and i asked her if she knew what it was and she said yea a keyboard..lol.not to mention the memory is maxed out and i got about 30 3.5 floppys of sounds.i even gave her a chance cause i see em for 700 to 1200 in mint alone.and she said u seem to know alot about this thing and i would rather sell it to you for 100 then to someone for 700 and besides that theres nothin but old people around here now.so i said fuck it.but i might get rid of it cause the mach 1 is outta commission.sucks but oh well
Posts: 940 | From: 510..fremont.. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrous_bob  Ford pictures for nitrous_bob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i'm all about vinyl, but no rap. i do have some beastie's on vinyl though.

it's all about colored vinyl for me..... misfits, dropkick murphys, sick of it all. some limited stuff on red, blue, glow in the dark etc.

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

Posts: 1402 | From: st clair shores MI | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

quote:
Originally posted by its50:
i bought an ASR10 with the expanded output just last saturday at garage sale for 100 bucks.ladys son went to jail when he turned 18 in 92 and its sat in his room this entire time.after he got out he went to the navy and touched it.it was always at moms in the same spot in the room he grew up in.this thing is brand new dude and i asked her if she knew what it was and she said yea a keyboard..lol.not to mention the memory is maxed out and i got about 30 3.5 floppys of sounds.i even gave her a chance cause i see em for 700 to 1200 in mint alone.and she said u seem to know alot about this thing and i would rather sell it to you for 100 then to
someone for 700 and besides that theres nothin but old
people around here now.so i said fuck it.but i might get rid of
it cause the mach 1 is outta commission.sucks but oh well

man 100 bucks [Eek!] you gou lucky on that one..... If I were you I'd keep it.
(but I got 200 for ya [Wink] ....) [Razz]

--------------------

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

quote:
Originally posted by nitrous_bob:
i'm all about vinyl, but no rap. i do have some beastie's on vinyl though.

it's all about colored vinyl for me..... misfits, dropkick murphys, sick of it all. some limited stuff on red, blue, glow in the dark etc.

I have a few rock albums too like all the Beatles, Stones albums, Queen, big brother and the holding company, Zeplin..... They sound better and are fun to listen to.

--------------------

its50
¯
Member # 4069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for its50  Ford pictures for its50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by its50:
i bought an ASR10 with the expanded output just last saturday at garage sale for 100 bucks.ladys son went to jail when he turned 18 in 92 and its sat in his room this entire time.after he got out he went to the navy and touched it.it was always at moms in the same spot in the room he grew up in.this thing is brand new dude and i asked her if she knew what it was and she said yea a keyboard..lol.not to mention the memory is maxed out and i got about 30 3.5 floppys of sounds.i even gave her a chance cause i see em for 700 to 1200 in mint alone.and she said u seem to know alot about this thing and i would rather sell it to you for 100 then to
someone for 700 and besides that theres nothin but old
people around here now.so i said fuck it.but i might get rid of
it cause the mach 1 is outta commission.sucks but oh well

man 100 bucks [Eek!] you gou lucky on that one..... If I were you I'd keep it.
(but I got 200 for ya [Wink] ....) [Razz]

im gonna try my best to hold on to it but idk looking like a sale right now.lol
Posts: 940 | From: 510..fremont.. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com