Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Cobra question (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Cobra question
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Please do not turn this into a pissing match or a fight about whose car is faster.

But I am curious as to why 03/04 Cobras are the hot topics. What is wrong or lacking with the 99-01 Cobras?

When I see 'em for sale they be a lot cheaper than their 03/04 brethren. After August I may start looking at them (tho I am still stuck on getting a Roush). But I am just curious if the 99-01s are lacking something?

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nm - with a lil snooping around it seems EVERYTHING is better on the 03/04......lol.
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Because n8 when slam on the gas the cars says bbbbooooooooosssssssttttttttttt

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
nm - with a lil snooping around it seems EVERYTHING is better on the 03/04......lol.

the seats are better, the mirrors are better, the fuel system is better, the heads are better, the bottom end is better, the IRS is better, the body kit is better, the transmission is better, the wheels look better, oh, did i mention its supercharged?
Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by 2000BlackGT:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

the seats are better, the mirrors are better, the fuel system is better, the heads are better, the bottom end is better, the IRS is better, the body kit is better, the transmission is better, the wheels look better, oh, did i mention its supercharged?
Yea, I think I want to narrow my search to a 04 vert if I can. I never really looked into them. But it seems Ford really knocked it out the park in 03/04. Though I still prefer a Roush S3. Hopefully everything goes well after MAGIC in August.
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Youve got cobra fever now n8!
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:

nah, I still am on the Roush. Ya'll know I am more show than go type of cat. But I may check out the Cobra too.
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here is a good article

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/coupes/0206_ford_mustang_svt_cobra/index.html

Besides the obvious stuff there are a lot of changes..

The motor was seriously beefed up to take boost. The whole drive train was strengthened to also handle the power.. better clutch.. beefed up IRS.. etc.

I think they lowered the rear end gear ratio..

retuned suspension...

Also, some minor cosmetic changes..

Basically they are different cars..

99-01 cobra's are cheap b/c of the lower demand.. everyone wants an 03/04.

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

nah, I still am on the Roush. Ya'll know I am more show than go type of cat.
Stickers and body kits are SO much better than a car that actually performs. [Wink]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Stickers and body kits are SO much better than a car that actually performs. [Wink]
You hit the nail on the head with me John. If I had a Cobra I would still drive it like a grandma. like they say "2 miles an hour so everybody sees you".
Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rigo5.0  Ford pictures for Rigo5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

I completely agree John! [burnout]

But you know what, I really do like the Stage 3 Roush and Saleen. Not too many out there and they look really good. Only issue is the price. 03/04 Cobra is a far superior car for about the same price.

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

Posts: 1454 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Only thing better about the cobras is the engine and trans. Suspension,brakes, Handling goes to the s.3 Roush definitely.
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by Rigo5.0:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

I completely agree John! [burnout]

But you know what, I really do like the Stage 3 Roush and Saleen. Not too many out there and they look really good. Only issue is the price. 03/04 Cobra is a far superior car for about the same price.

Yea the look and the non-everyone has one factor would be my reason for choosing the Roush. I almost bought a S2 about a year ago. Glad I waited though.
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
honestly i rather have a Saleen than a roush or a 03/04 cobra anyday

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Both Saleens and Roushes lack the performance capabilities of the 03/04 cobras. Without lots of money anyway. In regards to handling the IRS will put work on a live axle car with the addition of lowering springs and subframes. However I would love a saleen cobra or roush cobra

Basically with the 03/04's you have everything you need to produce a race, show or cruiser from the gate and with factory tolerances and fitment.

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
Both Saleens and Roushes lack the performance capabilities of the 03/04 cobras. Without lots of money anyway. In regards to handling the IRS will put work on a live axle car with the addition of lowering springs and subframes. However I would love a saleen cobra or roush cobra

Basically with the 03/04's you have everything you need to produce a race, show or cruiser from the gate and with factory tolerances and fitment.

I test drove I think it was a 07 Roush stage 3 and man that thing was a dream to drive. But I think at the time it was like 40 racks...lol. I dunno man, I just like the looks of the Roush. I like Cobras too, but not my first pick. I would get a saleen before a Cobra as well.
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You'll get alot of attention in a S.3 Roush. I've had people pull right next to me going 80 and yell "is that a real roush!?!?!?" i've had people take pics of it while i was parked outside of a grocery store and people say "Nice roush" almost daily at stop lights.

IDK what attracts so much attention to these cars

Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Look you want a cobra, then the only one to buy is an 03/04! Because they are already fast and supercharged. Don't get me wrong you can find great deals on older cobra's that are belt and are for sale cheap (hint look at my sig). But if your looking for a stock cobra just buy an 03/04,

Good luck

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by BladeX10:
You'll get alot of attention in a S.3 Roush. I've had people pull right next to me going 80 and yell "is that a real roush!?!?!?" i've had people take pics of it while i was parked outside of a grocery store and people say "Nice roush" almost daily at stop lights.

IDK what attracts so much attention to these cars

Yea man, I dunno either. But the car is very striking and handsome to me. I see you have one. When it comes my time to buy, do you mind if I shoot you a pm or 2 for your opinion/insight?
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

You hit the nail on the head with me John. If I had a Cobra I would still drive it like a grandma. like they say "2 miles an hour so everybody sees you".
Who are "they"? Besides Will Smith and yourself, who says that? [Razz]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by iceman302:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Who are "they"? Besides Will Smith and yourself, who says that? [Razz]
And Ludacris [Big Grin]
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't get me wrong, I'll roll in a Saleen any day... [patriot]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There was a dude on here selling an Sonic Blue 03 with a full roush kit, was clean man
Maybe he's reading this and still has it for sale?

Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by JohnCM:
There was a dude on here selling an Sonic Blue 03 with a full roush kit, was clean man
Maybe he's reading this and still has it for sale?

Yea I remember that one.

Like I said until after August this is wishful thinkin. But I been bustin my ass for the last 3 years developing 2 companies. Maybe I'll get to reap some of the benefits and actually spend some cash on me.

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SPTVENM:
honestly i rather have a Saleen than a roush or a 03/04 cobra anyday

+1
Saleen does a way better job at building cars.... They build my dream car [worship] S7

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com