Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » people without A/C in their car... (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: people without A/C in their car...
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jordan_0806:
quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by BCINGUU:
quote:
i have a 347 in my mustang and I was using my a/c today no problem. car never even overheated.... maybe somethin is wrong with your cooling system..

Maybe. I can't figure it out. I have 3 mustangs with 347s, they all run hot. What radiator are you using? I have 4 row copper in all mine. The funny thing is, my truck has a big ass 460ci motor and a plain old aluminum radiator, and it never gets hot even with teh AC at full blast pulling my trailer.
my blown, 331, jumping on the gas ALL day never gets hot....I use a Fluidyne radiator, and 80/20 water to coolant...
All day? you know that shits broke every other week [Big Grin]
my shit was't tuned by FFP, I have a real tuner...
Ha Ha Ha! my tunes fine. Your shits been broke down alot more then mine [Wink]

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
i have a 347 in my mustang and I was using my a/c today no problem. car never even overheated.... maybe somethin is wrong with your cooling system..

Maybe. I can't figure it out. I have 3 mustangs with 347s, they all run hot. What radiator are you using? I have 4 row copper in all mine. The funny thing is, my truck has a big ass 460ci motor and a plain old aluminum radiator, and it never gets hot even with teh AC at full blast pulling my trailer.
my blown, 331, jumping on the gas ALL day never gets hot....I use a Fluidyne radiator, and 80/20 water to coolant...
Really? I doubt that. I think youre just mad because you can't cruise your car half as muchas mine.

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 03SVTPower:
seems like the guys who do the A/C delete are in 250hp cars trying to get all the power they can outta their motor.... I've been driving my cobra the past couple days with the A/C blowin COLD.. Nothin like driving a 600hp car with the A/C blowin in my face!! [patriot]

Us little guys gotta get every last bit of hp out of our lil ol' 250-300hp cars.

On a real note though, removing the perfectly good working AC out of my fox was probably the only "mod" I regret. I am most likely gonna find a way to put it back in, luckily I kept all the parts.

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

S4OSHUS
¯
Member # 2918

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S4OSHUS  Ford pictures for S4OSHUS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
Man no AC in Stockton is fa sho death.

Like them poor horses in tracy [Frown] [Mad]

--------------------
2001 audi s4 avant stage 3. 460 whp e85
2001 audi S4 stage 3 sold!
91 lx 347 sold!
90 lx notchback sold!
99 cobra sold!

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Really? I doubt that. I think youre just mad because you can't cruise your car half as muchas mine.
What makes you think I can't "cruise" my car?

--------------------

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The only time I ever removed AC from any of my cars is when it was broken and I did not want to spend the dough to address it.

However, I would NEVER remove a perfectly good working AC system to lose 35lbs (other than the weight, when the compressor is not engaged, it acts as an idler pulley robbing almost zero HP).

Even if I got a 67-68 Mustang, the first thing I am installing is AC, lol. I don't care how much it costs.

The AC in my Cobra works like a charm. Too cold sometimes. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
How the hell do you do it? it's hot as hell outside! was it really worth the 5 hp or so you gained to get rid of the A/c from your car? lol! How do you guys keep cool?

this is exactly the reason why A/C is going is going back in my Cobra....
I wouldn't do that. Your food will get cold.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by iceman302:
quote:
quote:
How the hell do you do it? it's hot as hell outside! was it really worth the 5 hp or so you gained to get rid of the A/c from your car? lol! How do you guys keep cool?

I'm going to kill you until you die from it....

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

SantaClara_Cobra
¯
Member # 9488

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SantaClara_Cobra  Ford pictures for SantaClara_Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
Man no AC in Stockton is fa sho death.

my ladies little bros have to really pay attention to the bus route out their if they miss it they are goners or heat stroke lmao!

--------------------
18 Denali diesel
91 🦊

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by iceman302:
quote:
quote:

I'm going to kill you until you die from it....
We'll settle this the old Navy way... first one to die, loses!

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

84SVOrick
¯
Member # 9039

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84SVOrick  Ford pictures for 84SVOrick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dats y u gotta have a bak up stang, one with a/c and one without, dats how im livin lol

--------------------
Bay Area Stunnaz
RIP Jeannera "FOXY302"
10/29/87-10/9/10
1984 SVO 302 HCI a basic bitch
1986 GT FOXY302 stolen and totaled R.I.P.

Posts: 1928 | From: Vallejo CA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Would never do it on a street car. On really hot days, 95+ at Thunderhill, I've melted the bottom of my right shoe.
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
a/c in errthang, no sweat pimpin... [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I thought Cali was hot...until I experienced the heat here in Kansas. It's no joke. [Frown] Heat index was 114 yesterday...no fun!

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
I thought Cali was hot...until I experienced the heat here in Kansas. It's no joke. [Frown] Heat index was 114 yesterday...no fun!

We're not in Kansas any more.

Oh. Wait.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 510svt:
I drive with my head out the window

caught a pic of you..  -

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
BCINGUU
¯
Member # 2397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BCINGUU  Ford pictures for BCINGUU  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
maybe somethin is wrong with your cooling system..

Ha! All you guys overheating, how do you like me now!

j/k - I've learned a thing or two about engine cooling though.

--------------------
93 Cobra #4563 347ci 12.0@118 505rwhp 524tq
90 GT "Saleen Cobra" style convertible 347ci
67 GT "Eleanor" style coupe 347ci

Posts: 1425 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
seems like the guys who do the A/C delete are in 250hp cars trying to get all the power they can outta their motor.... I've been driving my cobra the past couple days with the A/C blowin COLD.. Nothin like driving a 600hp car with the A/C blowin in my face!! [patriot]

Yeah but I have more room to work, looks cleaner also. I have an aftermarket sunroof bigger than the normal ones it's nice and cool.

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:
ain't no one tell me what to do. - NEIGHT

Posts: 1712 | From: NoOneTellMeWhatToDo-Neight | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
CobraChick
¯
Member # 9885

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobraChick  Ford pictures for CobraChick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What really sucks is having a perfectly good working A/C in your car but having to roll with the windows down most of the time cause you have 5% tint lol

--------------------
Behind ever successful person is a pack of haters.

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
quote:
maybe somethin is wrong with your cooling system..

Ha! All you guys overheating, how do you like me now!

j/k - I've learned a thing or two about engine cooling though.

Shit, from all the people posting i may or may not be running hot. I'm going to flush the radiator and use less antifreez and see if that helps. I still have a/c though! [Razz]

--------------------

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You don't need AC in a 500HP Fastback [Wink]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:
You don't need AC in a 500HP Fastback [Wink]

I would [Razz] A/C FTMFW regardless how fast your car is! Your 500hp aint gonna do shit for you when you're at a stoplight or in traffic [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by x42bnx:
quote:

Yeah but I have more room to work, looks cleaner also. I have an aftermarket sunroof bigger than the normal ones it's nice and cool.
I bet your sunroof is closed when the sun is beaming down right into your face though [Razz] As I said before, A/C FTMFW [dance]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

i guess im just a super sav because ive been doing it for years

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

Not_so_Stealth
¯
Member # 7849

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Not_so_Stealth  Ford pictures for Not_so_Stealth    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I never planned on removing my a/c. I needed to replace my heater core and had the dash out the car. When I went to put the new heater core in I realized that the one that was sent to me was for a non-a/c car. I ended up pulling the whole heater and a/c systems out and putting the dash back in and calling it a day. It looked a lot cleaner under the hood, but there were days I missed it for sure.

--------------------
Performance White 2012 Boss 302
1994 Lightning #652
1989 5.0 LX hatch
2011 Coyote 5.0 - Sold
2003 Mach1 - Sold

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com