Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Need you guy's opinions to help me decide on selling... (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Need you guy's opinions to help me decide on selling...
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Hanson:
bottom line is that they're SEATS for crying out loud! friggin seats!!! if they were made of gold or platinum and blew in your butthole while you were driving then I'd say keep them. But in the end money talks, so if the guy really wants them tell him you want 2600.

Look i found these seats for cheaper

http://www.myhotmustang.com/Corbeau/Racing-Seats/Corbeau-A4-Reclining-Seat/809972/

or

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/pts/1834791305.html

Yes, they're SEATS, but there arent too many seats that are acually comfortable and functional at the same time. Money does talk, and his offer is good money, BUT as I stated, whats $800 or so really gonna do for me?

And as for the seats you posted, no thanks!

[ July 14, 2010, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Hanson:
bottom line is that they're SEATS for crying out loud! friggin seats!!! if they were made of gold or platinum and blew in your butthole while you were driving then I'd say keep them. But in the end money talks, so if the guy really wants them tell him you want 2600.

Look i found these seats for cheaper

http://www.myhotmustang.com/Corbeau/Racing-Seats/Corbeau-A4-Reclining-Seat/809972/

or

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/pts/1834791305.html

Yes, they're SEATS, but there arent too many seats that are acually comfortable and functional at the same time. Money does talk, and his offer is good money, BUT as I stated, whats $800 or so really gonna do for me?

And as for the seats you posted, no thanks!

thats what i'm saying , you can't place a price on comfort but if i could find a similiar seat that is just as comfortable and still pocket $800, i;ll take the $800 , thats a vacation right there!

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my opinion is unless you're attached to having rare Y2KR seats id sell them and pickup a nice brand new recaro or corbeau set and keep the excess cash in the bank for future expenses regardless if its for future mods or for just having $$$ in your account.

u guys are making it seem like $800 is a buck found on the street. id take a new pair of high end seats along with 800 any day over seats that dont match the theme of the car. dont get me wrong, these seats are nice but you're getting a ridiculous offer for a used pair of seats and still pocketing a good amount of coin in the end.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
my opinion is unless you're attached to having rare Y2KR seats id sell them and pickup a nice brand new recaro or corbeau set and keep the excess cash in the bank for future expenses regardless if its for future mods or for just having $$$ in your account.

u guys are making it seem like $800 is a buck found on the street. id take a new pair of high end seats along with 800 any day over seats that dont match the theme of the car. dont get me wrong, these seats are nice but you're getting a ridiculous offer for a used pair of seats and still pocketing a good amount of coin in the end.

I would buy a new set of recaros IF they were within the price range, but they're not. The recaros that i want will cost more than I sell y Cobra R seats for. I'm not super attached to these, but since I'd only be left with $500-800 after buying a new set, its not really worth it since I'd be depreciating the value of my car. Now, if I could find a nice set that I like and still be able to keep a good amount of money then I would...but at this point, theres nothing that I like or can afford that will keep my car's value up.

--------------------

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:

I would buy a new set of recaros IF they were within the price range, but they're not. The recaros that i want will cost more than I sell y Cobra R seats for. I'm not super attached to these, but since I'd only be left with $500-800 after buying a new set, its not really worth it since I'd be depreciating the value of my car. Now, if I could find a nice set that I like and still be able to keep a good amount of money then I would...but at this point, theres nothing that I like or can afford that will keep my car's value up.
what u can do is sell the seats while the offer is available and then buy a replacement that is somewhere in the $600-700 range, pocketing the $1800.

i wouldnt have the mind set of what would depreciate or add value to a car when considering any mod for your car cuz in the end ull most often lose and whats most important really is what makes u happy w/ the car. cars are more for entertainment value and less for investment in most cases. shit....if that was the case for me, i poorly invested on several of my cars. lol

whenever the time comes that u decide to sell the car it would be wise to sell the seats separately to maximize your return which is basically what youd be doing now by selling for a cheaper set but waiting until then wont guarantee that ull have that high offer on the table still.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bottom line to me is that they are just seats.. Sell them becuase you will probably sell the car soon anyways. Put some stock seats back in there for like 300 bucks leaving you with 2000 bucks...

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
no1 will give you 800 more for the car just cuz the seats, when you sell the car, get some cheaper seats and pocket the money
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

You guys are all right, but I'm actually not worried about resale value since I'm not planning to sell this car anytime soon. I know the money offere dto me is really good, but I want something compatible to these and still be able to pocket a decent amount of money. I'm watching a couple ebay auctions right now where if I win the bid, I'd have some nice seats and still be able to pocket about $1000, which is pretty good, but I'm not going to buy stock $300 seats. I want something that will perform just as good as these Recaros since I plan to do a lot of spirited driving, ie: twisties, autox, and road racing.

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com