Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » what does your tv/movie rooms look like

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: what does your tv/movie rooms look like
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've been trying to get an idea for my movie room. Just wondering what people got going on.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
we just had a remote fireplace installed (wifes idea). Got lazy and didnt finish the wire hide....lol

-

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how hard is it to hide wires? i got a surround system but dont want to put it up because of wires.

--------------------
The anti-crew

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sic70stang:
how hard is it to hide wires? i got a surround system but dont want to put it up because of wires.

for me it required some cuttin in the wall, and getting in the attic to mount speakers and run wires. All the boxes are there, I just need a electrician to run power. I dont F with electricity. But I got lazy

So some of you can do. Get your boxes and stuff from www.monoprice.com best prices.

Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
65 mitsubishi dlp with sony dream system for sound [Wink]
 -

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX: T-TOP PUMPKIN NOTCH
94N.C.F.GT: 418w
www.facebook.com/PLATINUM1320tv

Posts: 2790 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dlp's suck
Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Heres some pics of mine. Kind of my side hobby. Middle atlantic rack for audio video in the rooms, dist sound in all rooms and bathrooms. A lot of time and wires. In the process of re-doing the rack. Just bought a Dell keyboard and LCD that pull out of the rack and the LCD pop ups. Putting a home theater PC in the rack to keep all movies and music on to dist. to all the rooms. Just changed my front speakers from Paradigm Reference to a Martin Logan 7.1 system and did a in ceiling surround sound in the master bedroom with a 42" plasma hanging from the ceiling.

-
 -
 -

[ July 11, 2010, 03:46 AM: Message edited by: Dag302 ]

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dag302

dang brooo..looks super clean..great job

Posts: 1247 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Hanson:
dlp's suck

i use to have a dlp and would have to disagree! Now im sporting 55" led ultra-slim with a samsung surround sound(5.1)

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 94 N.C.F. GT:
65 mitsubishi dlp with sony dream system for sound [Wink]
 -

are you on ps3 with MW2? if so whats your gamer tag

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
03SVTPOWER sorry bro I'm a xbox guy [Wink]

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX: T-TOP PUMPKIN NOTCH
94N.C.F.GT: 418w
www.facebook.com/PLATINUM1320tv

Posts: 2790 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Mach916:
Dag302

dang brooo..looks super clean..great job

Thanks Mach, this is the 3rd house I have owned that I have done and install in now. I did have someone do the electrical behind the TV because I don't mess with electrical!!

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dag [worship]

You just need a receiver, blue ray, cable box and maybe two systems. That's five rows...You have like 12 rows filled.

What is all that shit? [Confused]

[ July 11, 2010, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: 90FoX ]

Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

dag302 [worship]

Looks clean playa. Inspired me to finish my install....not..lol. Maybe ill finish it this summer. Top notch work tho man

Chris83179
¯
Member # 6017

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris83179  Ford pictures for Chris83179    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dag,

Looks like you're using an RF remote. What brand is it and do you like it?

--------------------
13 Focus ST
01 Bullitt - Sold

Posts: 558 | From: Bay Area & Sac | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

quote:
Originally posted by Chris83179:
Dag,

Looks like you're using an RF remote. What brand is it and do you like it?

I was using a RTI that just took a crap. The remote didnt but the rf receiver did. So I just bought a logitech harmony 1100 with a rf receiver. I definately like the software for the RTI better but I have not really messed with the logitech to much so we will see. For the bedroom I just have a xantech eyeball that sends the IR out to flashers in the rack.

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

quote:
Originally posted by 90FoX:
dag [worship]

You just need a receiver, blue ray, cable box and maybe two systems. That's five rows...You have like 12 rows filled.

What is all that shit? [Confused]

From top to bottom:

1)7.1 receiver for bedroom

2)HDTV Sat box for bedroom

3)Russound Dist sound amp/processor

4)middle atlantic power conditioner

5)xbox

6)dvd for bedroom

7)power conditioner

8)open space?????(just pulled the vcr out, not sure what I am going to put there)

9)5 disc CD/DVD for Dist sound

10)xbox 360

11)hdtv sat box for front room

12)blue ray

13)Elite receiver(only using as processor)

14) Parasound tuner for Dist. sound

15) Parasound 5 channel amp for front room

Thats just the rack.

My kids playroom even has surround sound with NHT speakers, dvd, wii and dist sound also.

I even have a LCD in my daughters room with her own DVD player. My wife complains but uses all of it. When I was re-doing the system and she had to listen to the TV through the TV speakers she would not stop complaining so she gets it now.

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

OG xbox FTW

--------------------
The anti-crew

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com