Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Computer help, Question *Another question!* (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Computer help, Question *Another question!*
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Turned it on, everything is working except nothing in my screen [Frown] Not sure whats going on. My monitor makes the clicking noise when i plug it into the video card. So its not working.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

cagedblackgt
I <3 CAFords.com
Member # 10090

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cagedblackgt  Ford pictures for cagedblackgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do you get any beeps at all? If the memory, cpu or vid card is not seated or deteted properly, everything can boot but leave the monitor blank

--------------------
Making the moderators cyber-sit me is probably a good way of getting my account locked for a while. I know they're busy folks volunteering their time to help others out.It's selfish of me and others who make their task more time consuming and difficult than it already is. In fact I should either chip in and help out or not participate at all. I'm going to do my best to be part of the solution and not the problem from now on.

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cagedblackgt:
Do you get any beeps at all? If the memory, cpu or vid card is not seated or deteted properly, everything can boot but leave the monitor blank

make sure you have the monitor on auto sense, sometimes if it was setup for VGA and you have it hooked up DVI it will still try to display in VGA. And what he said above do you get beeping noises? may be worth starting it up in safe mode as well could be bad video driver if its a new video card.

[ July 09, 2010, 12:45 AM: Message edited by: liftedF150 ]

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i don't have a speaker for the beeps and if i do its not hooked up or its not beeping.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

cagedblackgt
I <3 CAFords.com
Member # 10090

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cagedblackgt  Ford pictures for cagedblackgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:
i don't have a speaker for the beeps and if i do its not hooked up or its not beeping.

The beeps are actually from the motherboards on board speaker. If your not getting anything I would recommend reseating all of the cards

--------------------
Making the moderators cyber-sit me is probably a good way of getting my account locked for a while. I know they're busy folks volunteering their time to help others out.It's selfish of me and others who make their task more time consuming and difficult than it already is. In fact I should either chip in and help out or not participate at all. I'm going to do my best to be part of the solution and not the problem from now on.

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by cagedblackgt:
quote:

The beeps are actually from the motherboards on board speaker. If your not getting anything I would recommend reseating all of the cards
Just reseated the video card and still nothing, one of the slots says Express Gate, should i have my video card in that one maybe?
Its a P6X58D-E ASUS motherboard not sure if it matters what slot i put the video card in.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

People are telling my my power supply is underpowering my computer, its a 530W. [Frown]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

cagedblackgt
I <3 CAFords.com
Member # 10090

quote:
People are telling my my power supply is underpowering my computer, its a 530W. [Frown]

The vid card will not draw max power until max load.

Cna you take a pic of the setup, showing where everything is seated? Also make sure the memory is in the right spots, if you got a dual or tri channel motherobard there are certain spots where the sticks of ram go.

take some pics!

and if I fix it I get to drive your car [Razz]

--------------------

essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What brand powersupply are you running? List the specs of your complete build.

When nothing comes up on the screen strip the computer down to the bare minimum.

Mobo, cpu, 1 stick of ram, 1 video card using vga. Place everything in the first slot. Make sure the cpu, ram, and video card are seated correctly. Make sure the mobo does not have any bent pins and double check to make sure the mobo is not being shorted.

Double check the 4 pin near the top left corner above the cpu is connected. Check to see if the board lights up, the heatsink fan and video card fans spin.

If that all checks out and still does not work you will have to troubleshoot individual components.

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by essasin:

When nothing comes up on the screen strip the computer down to the bare minimum.

Mobo, cpu, 1 stick of ram, 1 video card using vga. Place everything in the first slot. Make sure the cpu, ram, and video card are seated correctly. Make sure the mobo does not have any bent pins and double check to make sure the mobo is not being shorted.

Double check the 4 pin near the top left corner above the cpu is connected. Check to see if the board lights up, the heatsink fan and video card fans spin.

If that all checks out and still does not work you will have to troubleshoot individual components.

I need to connect a 4 pin connect to the motherboard on the top left corner? I thought the 24 pin was the only power supply

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Try doing this!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvSEgorDM-Y

essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by essasin:

I need to connect a 4 pin connect to the motherboard on the top left corner? I thought the 24 pin was the only power supply
I forgot to add to recheck the mobo to make use it's not being shorted. Recheck the the ram, 24 pin main, and make use the video card has power if there is a 4 or 6 pin male side on the video card. Some require more power.
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

i plugged that in and it didn't change anything. Still nothing on the screen, monitor acts like its not getting a signal at all. There is no power connection for the video card and i didn't see anywhere were it could be grounding.
A bunch of my friends tell me the 530W power supply is not enough for this build, what do you think?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Anyone wanna buy this computer off me i'll sell it for 800.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

- Rosewill Green Series RG530-S12 530W Continuous @40°C, 80 PLUS Certified, Single 12V Rail, Active PFC "Compatible with Core i7,i5" Power Supply
- P6X58D-E Motherboard with a Intel 3.3Ghz i7 chip
- ASUS ENGT420 Silent video card
- 6Gs OCZ High Performance DDR3 Ram
- Its in a nice tower has 2 DVD burners

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com