Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » found some old pics of the droptop.... (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: found some old pics of the droptop....
drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Found some old pics on my HD while doing a little cleaning, enjoy:

drove down with my boy Mikey (RIP) from Chico for a show/cruise back in the day. Still had the R's on:

-

-

-

-

heading out for the cruise, got lost from about half the cruisers, had a blast corner carving with another member from here (forgot their name lol)

-
the one with the GT in front of me....
 -

stopped by my parents house after the cruise and took our Model T out for a spin(sorry for the pic quality, it was a disposable lol)
 -

out with Mikey RIP and some broads that worked at the restaurant. We used to roll in there all the time, they were pretty chill (and this was before paint, hence why the broad is sitting on the hood!)
 -

parked outside the coffee shop in Mountain View I managed. Got to look at it the whole time I was working!
 -

in my parents driveway shortly before it was stolen.
 -

thanks for looking!

drew

[ June 26, 2010, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: shiftylx ]

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"
1967 Lime Gold 289 coupe "Ethel"

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man that was a sick vert!!!

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:

thanks EPIK, coming from you, thats a real compliment. i just wish i knew you so we could've taken some sweet pics of her.

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"

drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

looking at her from where i worked:
 -

-

-

[ June 26, 2010, 11:17 PM: Message edited by: shiftylx ]

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm not sure what it is about that car.......

I have never been a big fan of verts and I don't think I really ever met you. But shortly after I joined this site I remember the thread about ur car getting stolen and even I was sad about it. I think it was the first stang I had ever seen stripped. Those pics stick with me till this day

Did you ever get another? Or do you plan too?

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shiftylx:
quote:

thanks EPIK, coming from you, thats a real compliment. i just wish i knew you so we could've taken some sweet pics of her.
No prob. I'm usually not even a fan of fox verts, but something about your old 1 just looks great. Maybe it was the combo of the cage, wheels, & stance? What color was that car again, & what all was done to it mod wise?

I would've loved to take pics of it, that color would POP in the right light...

[ June 26, 2010, 11:27 PM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
I'm not sure what it is about that car.......

I have never been a big fan of verts and I don't think I really ever met you. But shortly after I joined this site I remember the thread about ur car getting stolen and even I was sad about it. I think it was the first stang I had ever seen stripped. Those pics stick with me till this day

Did you ever get another? Or do you plan too?

thanks man. i still get teary eyed!
i haven't built another one because i inherited my grandmothers 67 289 coupe with 70k on it in excellent condition so i turned my attention to her car. i still think she had something to do with it from up in heaven.

EPIK:
thanks man, i hear that alot! it had a 306 with ported iron gt40 heads, some cam, gt40 intake, no smog pump or cats, full Mac exhaust(still the best sounding exhaust i've ever heard on a fox) equal length headers off road h pipe and dumps. eibach springs, rolled fenders, 3.73 gears. prolly other shit, it was a long time ago!

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"

89bluenotch
¯
Member # 7454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89bluenotch  Ford pictures for 89bluenotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Great looking vert...Some of my buddies showed me it a long time ago and still talk bout it. Got any pics of the 67??

--------------------
-Gunnar
89 coupe
54 f100
R.I.P. SILVERLX

Posts: 1857 | From: HEALDSBURG | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

quote:
Originally posted by 89bluenotch:
Great looking vert...Some of my buddies showed me it a long time ago and still talk bout it. Got any pics of the 67??

nice!

here ya go:
 -

-

-

[ June 27, 2010, 12:17 AM: Message edited by: shiftylx ]

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"

Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
those are both amazing good looking cars sucks what happend to the vert

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX: T-TOP PUMPKIN NOTCH
94N.C.F.GT: 418w
www.facebook.com/PLATINUM1320tv

Posts: 2790 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

quote:
quote:
quote:

No prob. I'm usually not even a fan of fox verts, but something about your old 1 just looks great. Maybe it was the combo of the cage, wheels, & stance? What color was that car again, & what all was done to it mod wise?

I would've loved to take pics of it, that color would POP in the right light...

yeah epik, it loved the light! it was a Lexus color called Cinnabar Pearl. in one of the pics you can see my moms gs300 (that i bought from her) in the color, thats what got me hooked. it had an orange pearl like whoah!

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"

drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

quote:
Originally posted by 94 .N.C.F GT:
those are both amazing good looking cars sucks what happend to the vert

thanks man.

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think you should remake your old car. Find a clean lx vert and do that same color. You could build an even better version then the original.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

93redcobra
CAFords OG
Member # 1344

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93redcobra  Ford pictures for 93redcobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
shifty, was that the old dublin spot we all used to meet at?LOL the good ole days

[ June 27, 2010, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: 93redcobra ]

drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

quote:
Originally posted by Slowback67:
I think you should remake your old car. Find a clean lx vert and do that same color. You could build an even better version then the original.

i am seriously considering it. although i miss my old notchback too. but this time i'm thinking fr500s or some CCWs with a turbo setup, or a terminator drivetrain.

trust me man, not a day goes by that i don't dream of whats next. although i already have the 67, so i need more parking spots lol.

93redcobra:
yessur thats the dublin spot. i think those pics are from two different meets. i def. had a lot of fun there.

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"

87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You're lx is what motivated me to build my drop. I had it for a bit sitting on 03 statin cobras with a 4 point roll bar.
I hope you build another drop similar to your old one

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

925GT50
¯
Member # 2683

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 925GT50  Ford pictures for 925GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for sharing those pictures of your car. I myself had my car stolen but luckily i got it back like you did. Did you sell it when it was found? I remember following your car since you had it painted. Hopefully youll get another one day. [patriot]

--------------------
1990 GT hatch (owned since 05')
1988 GT (sold)
1995 SN95 Cobra (totaled/parted)
1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am LT1 (daily driver)

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your car always looked better in person. Sick ass hell that you have that pic of me pulling out in front on you. Running through those mountains was off the hook!!!  -
drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

quote:
Originally posted by NorCalRydaz:
Your car always looked better in person. Sick ass hell that you have that pic of me pulling out in front on you. Running through those mountains was off the hook!!!  -

yeah man! i totally forgot your sn!
yeah that was badass, we need to do that again!

87droptop50-

thanks man, that means a lot to me to hear the impact she had on this board! you got any pics? and i hope i can too, sadly this job market is garbage and since i'm relocating back to the bay area, it might take some time!

92gt50-

i'm glad you got your baby back, i never want anybody to go through the hell i went through! and i told a friend on another board if he could pay the tow yard fee he could have her. i don't really know what happened after that, there was some talk of donating parts and rebuilding it for me (!) but i think it was used as a parts car or something. [Frown]

EPIK-

your comment about the paint in the sun got me thinking about more pics.....so here ya go!!

at a carshow put on by the sacramento mustang club (fan/member judged and complete bullshit since i lost out to three stock dingy 50s that were club members rides )
 -

-

and a short video(man i wish i had made more of these [Frown] )
 -

[ June 29, 2010, 03:45 AM: Message edited by: shiftylx ]

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"

Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey siftylx what springs and shocks and struts did you run in that thing love the way it sits [worship]

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX: T-TOP PUMPKIN NOTCH
94N.C.F.GT: 418w
www.facebook.com/PLATINUM1320tv

Posts: 2790 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

quote:
Originally posted by 94 N.C.F. GT:
hey siftylx what springs and shocks and struts did you run in that thing love the way it sits [worship]

cheapest way to lower a stang, 1.5 inch Eibach lowering springs and CC plates. thats it.

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Drew, man I miss your vert!

That car with the 03 Cobra's had the best stance I have ever seen on a fox vert. [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

thanks Drew, its been like 4 years since shes gone, and i pretty much think about that car every day!

i'm just glad at the impact she had on you guys [patriot]

how about i get a "nostalgia" [Big Grin] deal when i bring the next one i buy to you to make it scream!

[ June 29, 2010, 01:50 PM: Message edited by: shiftylx ]

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

how about i get a "nostalgia" [Big Grin] deal when i bring the next one i buy to you to make it scream!

Haha, that wont be a problem. [Big Grin]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
quote:

Haha, that wont be a problem. [Big Grin]
[Whoo Whooooo!] [Big Grin]

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com