Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » This car is fast! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: This car is fast!
BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIzKitBrAIn  Ford pictures for BIzKitBrAIn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SF Coupe:
quote:
Originally posted by phildog:
So many of those Griggs cars, and others on the AIX level, look like balloons with just a little bit too much air in them, the body panels all stretched out and the gaps wide open. Just looks kinda odd, I mean, I know why this stuff is done, but I know of a sectioned and acid dipped car that 'looks' stock and kills the competition, so I know it can be done.

For me, if I was looking for this type of race car, I would buy an ex-Cup car and sh*t on all types of people. But that is just me.

Function over form, these cars require lots of track width and lots of rubber which the stock body panels just can't accommodate.

A friend of mine at the track bought a late model stock car. 380 rwhp, weighs near 3000lbs. The hp/weight ratio is well below the griggs car in the video. He's still getting used to the car and has turned 1:45s at Infineon. The previous owner has done 1:41s in it. He bought it for $11k. If you want to go really fast for cheap, buying real race cars is the only way to go. If I ever crash my car, it's probably the route I will go.

Got a buddy who's selling a Panoz GT-1 car if your intrested

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR
07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Posts: 609 | From: Campbell, CA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com