Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Gauging Interest For Our First Cruise (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Gauging Interest For Our First Cruise
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well fellas its time to get this cruise season started. This weekend I headed up to Clear Lake (here now) and the drive is absolutely gorgeous. Smooth roads heading through flat two lane roads that lead into one and two lane twisties up through the hills. Some nice inclines and declines with beautiful views over treetop hills and valleys. Real Legit guys. For some it will be a drive if coming from the bay, but the next cruise I do will be out that direction. But trust me when I tell you the ride will not disappoint, and if you been to any of my previous events they have turned out well. Hopefully you can all help me keep up the reputation

My plan is to invite along Sac F Bodyz, Nor-cal LSX, CA.net, Ca-Mustangs, SVTOA and even some of my import/euro guys if they are down. Plan is to have a lot of cars. When I get to the lake I will talk to the park rangers about reservations. Tentatively we are looking at Sunday July 11th or 18th to allow most people to make it or get time off. Maps will go up when I make the posting in the events section. Feel free to jump on google for now to get a general idea.

I need your input to see if we just want to do a photoshoot and bullskirt at the lake or stay and bbq. Hell maybe both. Of course if any of you are familiar with the lake and the area I will need your advice. Also to see who is planning to bring their car out. A lot of the drive runs through hills so make sure your car is up to par. As usual these are grown up events and the fam is invited, so if you plan on acting like a kid with your car then this may not be for you. Let me know what you think so we can make this happen.

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
evintho
¯
Member # 5536

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for evintho  Ford pictures for evintho  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds good! I'd be up for it. Clearlake is kinda out of the way for some of the Bay Area people (south bay, east bay, etc.) I'm kinda biased but Lake Sonoma or Lake Mendicino might be good areas. Also, awesome drives through the wine country.
Oh yeah, keep in mind, Lake county is pretty much the meth capitol of the world!

--------------------
'89 Mustang LX droptop running a turbocharged 2.3, and proud of it!!
Check out 'Thunderstang'!

Posts: 285 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Apr 2005  |  :
89bluenotch
¯
Member # 7454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89bluenotch  Ford pictures for 89bluenotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds good to me, And lake county might have some rednecks and meth cookers but the country side is still nice even if the people are toothless. looking forward to some cruises the summer season!

--------------------
-Gunnar
89 coupe
54 f100
R.I.P. SILVERLX

Posts: 1857 | From: HEALDSBURG | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
04cobra408
¯
Member # 4025

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04cobra408  Ford pictures for 04cobra408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Id be down T, but were doing our Half moon bay/santa cruz drive the 11th

--------------------
Willie Guzman
RIP lil brother
11-23-12

Juan Moya
"The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05

Posts: 1945 | From: san jose ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn... i'd do it but thats HELLA far [Embarrassed]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
damn... i'd do it but thats HELLA far [Embarrassed]

Hard to please everyone huh?

I'll have to wait for the one that is inbetween Sac and the Bay however.

The Clear Lake cruise will be awesome so I am sure there will be a good turnout! [patriot]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah let me know of other lake destinations that might be suitable also. Nothing is set in stone yet.

As far as the cruise on the 11th I'm glad you posted something up. The 18th might be better. I haven't put this on svtoa yet so I will check that out when I go on the site

--------------------

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
clear lake...hahah.. just dont go swimming...lol... would be a nice drive though...

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 68dustin:
clear lake...hahah.. just dont go swimming...lol... would be a nice drive though...

is the water still green
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OH HELL YEAH!! I wont even take my boat out there..lol..

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i haven't been out there since 86 an it was nasty looking
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
T - Hit up King Roy, he knows some pretty ill routes. I went to a couple of his and they are pretty good routes.
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cruise sounds cool but it seems far for some of the Bay guys what about Napa or Berryessa, also Norcalsvtoa is having somethin the 11th, any chance a cruise will be planned for Sat instead of Sunday, it's hard to drive far like that then have to get back to work Monday. Just my 2 cents you asked for ideas. BTW when you gettin that Cobra back from AED?
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
T - Hit up King Roy, he knows some pretty ill routes. I went to a couple of his and they are pretty good routes.

I don't imagine King Roy and Ca-Mustangs both showing up for a cruise together LOL I hope this joint thing works out I love seeing a ton of cars together.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fstryde3:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

I don't imagine King Roy and Ca-Mustangs both showing up for a cruise together LOL I hope this joint thing works out I love seeing a ton of cars together.
ooops didnt know there was some drama between crews.. [Frown]
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by fstryde3:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

ooops didnt know there was some drama between crews.. [Frown]
Well I don't know what the deal is but I know there are some posts talking so I assumed there was , I know in Sacramento I haven't been able to get ca-mustangs and norcalsvtoa people to come out together, it sucks cause it should be about the cars.

[ June 20, 2010, 02:01 AM: Message edited by: fstryde3 ]

fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

We could always try it make it like the Bay Streetbike cruise where all clubs show up.Hell I personally belong to like 8 forums anywhere there's people who love stangs I'm good.

[ June 19, 2010, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: fstryde3 ]

04cobra408
¯
Member # 4025

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04cobra408  Ford pictures for 04cobra408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
Yeah let me know of other lake destinations that might be suitable also. Nothing is set in stone yet.

As far as the cruise on the 11th I'm glad you posted something up. The 18th might be better. I haven't put this on svtoa yet so I will check that out when I go on the site

yeah man if you all do the 18th Ill roll and try to bring a few south bay svtoa cars and other cars i know from down here, and then you'll also have our sac crew able to roll also on the 18th as most of them were in or trying to make it for our Half moon bay cruise on the 11th. And Ill post it on our site for ya and a few others i post on as well to help spread the word for you , when you decied the date. It Would be tight to have em back to back weekends, one week its the bay cruise , the next week Sac IMO. But i know thats not fiscally posiblee for all due to the long drives so ya. but either way good luck setting it up Terrence ,Like said you cant please everyone but I know you all will set up something sick and will have a tight cruise.

[ June 19, 2010, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: 04cobra408 ]

--------------------
Willie Guzman
RIP lil brother
11-23-12

Juan Moya
"The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05

04cobra408
¯
Member # 4025

Like i said Terrence let me know what i can do to help spread the word bro! [patriot]

[ June 19, 2010, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: 04cobra408 ]

--------------------
Willie Guzman
RIP lil brother
11-23-12

Juan Moya
"The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What's the beef about?

Seems like most people are part of every local Mustang site, so I don't understand there being beef, lol.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Honestly I don't wanna know what the beef is, as this isn't what the cruise is about and none of us were involved so our .02 doesn't matter.

What I'm concerned with is the best route and time for our cruise. Clear lake is looking good from what I can see so far. So we will probably shoot for the 18th for sure. Next question is clear lake the best location?

--------------------

93ReefBlue5.0
¯
Member # 5780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ReefBlue5.0  Ford pictures for 93ReefBlue5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just a heads up terrance. on the 11th Norcal SVTOA is cruising to HMB then down to santa cruz. then on the 18th we are going auto x ing out at mather.

so count me out.

Posts: 1535 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
04cobra408
¯
Member # 4025

quote:
Honestly I don't wanna know what the beef is, as this isn't what the cruise is about and none of us were involved so our .02 doesn't matter.

What I'm concerned with is the best route and time for our cruise. Clear lake is looking good from what I can see so far. So we will probably shoot for the 18th for sure. Next question is clear lake the best location?

yeah past is the past. sorry for even puting in my .02 bout it. didnt mean to bring any mess to the thread.

I like the clear lake Idea man
I havent been up there in a few yrs.
[patriot]

--------------------
Willie Guzman
RIP lil brother
11-23-12

Juan Moya
"The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

quote:

im always in clear lake.. there's a cool free place that i know of:

google maps: 1985 County Road 502D, Lakeport, CA, United States (it's called lakeside park)

I'm just not sure on parking, it's been a few years since ive been there.

[ June 19, 2010, 10:36 PM: Message edited by: 68dustin ]

--------------------

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If anyone is looking for a bay area/wine country cruise you might want to look into Korbel. They have a free tour of the place, its history and how the make the champagne. You have to watch a really old 10 min video during the tour but at the end the free champagne tastings make up for the lame video. It's a nice drive out there too.

Remember the best part, free tastings after the tour. [Big Grin]

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com