Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » The new b!tch!!! 1998 Cobra Faleen! (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The new b!tch!!! 1998 Cobra Faleen!
SnakeForce
¯
Member # 9313

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeForce  Ford pictures for SnakeForce    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats bro nice car

--------------------
03 tangelo Snake
03 f150 harley Davidson

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good looking SN95 Bro, great find. I really like the seats those are not cheap. Hopefully we wont see a "What should I buy next" post from you anytime soon. [Big Grin]

--------------------
91 Coupe full M/M suspension
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by snakebit95:
Good looking SN95 Bro, great find. I really like the seats those are not cheap. Hopefully we wont see a "What should I buy next" post from you anytime soon. [Big Grin]

Thanks bro! I dont think it'll be going anywhere anytime soon. [Big Grin]

PS: sorry I been flakey about the spray gun. I dont need it anymore though since I dont really got anything to paint on this car [patriot]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

STREETFIGHTER50
¯
Member # 2973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STREETFIGHTER50  Ford pictures for STREETFIGHTER50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So far the best one Ian. Hopefully you'll keep it longer this time around. Just need to lower the front a bit to get that stance we all like on our Stangs. How much miles on it? Looks clean bro!

--------------------
'89 Coupe-Kurgan Tuned 498/491RW, Vortech SI, 351W

Posts: 3925 | From: SF Bay Coastin' to Rocklin | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by STREETFIGHTER50:
So far the best one Ian. Hopefully you'll keep it longer this time around. Just need to lower the front a bit to get that stance we all like on our Stangs. How much miles on it? Looks clean bro!

Right on brotha! Yea, so far its the best one I've owned. I plan to keep this one around for a while. It has 117k on the ticker, but A LOT of shit was warrantied (I have all the dealer service records), ie; heads redone at around 60k, clutch around 80k, tie rods around 80k, rear end around 80k, etc...Its a runner for sure! It has some springs in there right now but I dont know what they are...I'm trying to find some nice H&R's to dump it a little bit.

Let's hit up the mustang homies and get a nice cruise going through the 4-corners/alice route [burnout]

--------------------

cobra4v
¯
Member # 4889

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobra4v  Ford pictures for cobra4v    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That is one nice looking Faleen.
quote:
Originally posted by Stangs R Us:
the magnaflox catted x pipe for these sound the best i think but everyone has there own opinion ,

I have yo agree with you on that. I had magnaflow catted x on my cobras...love the way they sound. Really hated my Bassani catted x.
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by cobra4v:
That is one nice looking Faleen.
quote:
Originally posted by Stangs R Us:
the magnaflox catted x pipe for these sound the best i think but everyone has there own opinion ,

I have yo agree with you on that. I had magnaflow catted x on my cobras...love the way they sound. Really hated my Bassani catted x.
I want a more raspy sound rather than a deep tone. Do you guys know which catetd x/h-pipe would give me that?

--------------------

Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chavez66  Ford pictures for Chavez66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have a BBK offroad H-pipe on my cobra and omg that shit sounds raspy as hell and it crackles pritty damn nice plus its super loud but i dont know if u would like it that loud?

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

Posts: 1694 | From: Dont worry about it | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by Chavez66:
i have a BBK offroad H-pipe on my cobra and omg that shit sounds raspy as hell and it crackles pritty damn nice plus its super loud but i dont know if u would like it that loud?

Your's is probably really loud because its an offroad...i'm looking for one with hi-flow cats. I'm trying to stay away from the fuel smell and obnoxiously loud x/h-pipes [Wink]

--------------------

Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i got the bbk o/r x-pipe on my shit now. when you seen/heard my car last i had the slp catted x-pipe, if you remember what it sounded like. too bad i sold it tho.
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

The H-pipe should not be causing the "crackles"
What mufflers you got and are there any changes in the diameter of the tubing throughout the exhaust?

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
threethirty1
¯
Member # 7814

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for threethirty1  Ford pictures for threethirty1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
quote:

Your's is probably really loud because its an offroad...i'm looking for one with hi-flow cats. I'm trying to stay away from the fuel smell and obnoxiously loud x/h-pipes [Wink]
When i run cats..lol
I use my bassani catted X
Its a nice piece!
I highly recommend it

--------------------
1987 Black GT
factory zero option car

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ian..u cant lose with a nice true x crossover w/ cats with a magnaflow or borla catback. im assuming yours has borla already. in terms of brands id go with either a magnaflow flow x or even the upr depending on your budget w/ the upr being the cheaper of the 2. avoid SLP!!! the price for their SS catted x is pretty attractive but the converted will sit so low to the ground that you'll scrape even on the smallest speed bumps.. believe me, no matter how how much you adjust them with a jack they'll still sit pretty low...been there done that.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
ian..u cant lose with a nice true x crossover w/ cats with a magnaflow or borla catback. im assuming yours has borla already. in terms of brands id go with either a magnaflow flow x or even the upr depending on your budget w/ the upr being the cheaper of the 2. avoid SLP!!! the price for their SS catted x is pretty attractive but the converted will sit so low to the ground that you'll scrape even on the smallest speed bumps.. believe me, no matter how how much you adjust them with a jack they'll still sit pretty low...been there done that.

Thanks for the info Alex. Yes, I have a Saleen Borla catback right now with a stock h-pipe. I'll look into the UPR but I definitley want one that sounds raspy rather than deep.

I also want one that fits well...I've heard of h/x-pipes that are a pain in the ass to make fit properly and they end up having exhaust leaks.

--------------------

essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Thanks for the info Alex. Yes, I have a Saleen Borla catback right now with a stock h-pipe. I'll look into the UPR but I definitley want one that sounds raspy rather than deep.

I also want one that fits well...I've heard of h/x-pipes that are a pain in the ass to make fit properly and they end up having exhaust leaks.

I have a bassani x pipe with high flow cats. It's def more raspy but still very very mellow. I'm not running the intercooled tail pipes. No fitment or leak issues for 8 years now.

exhaust clip

[ June 08, 2010, 07:55 PM: Message edited by: essasin ]

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by essasin:
quote:
quote:

I have a bassani x pipe with high flow cats. It's def more raspy but still very very mellow. I'm not running the intercooled tail pipes. No fitment or leak issues for 8 years now.

exhaust clip

Thanks for the clip Brian..your car sounds good! I love the blower whine [worship] Don't you have a 331 or 347 though? Dont the 4v motors usually sound different [Confused]

--------------------

essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by essasin:
quote:
quote:

exhaust clip

Thanks for the clip Brian..your car sounds good! I love the blower whine [worship] Don't you have a 331 or 347 though? Dont the 4v motors usually sound different [Confused]
Yea it's a 331. From what I read it will sound raspier than mine which is what I think you are going for. Especially when you rev up that modular.

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com