Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Anyone catch the response to president calderon's speech the other day? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Anyone catch the response to president calderon's speech the other day?
NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldx8gZDwZWs&feature=player_embedded

I think Mcclintock is spot on in this speech and I agree with him 100%

Discuss!

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was heated. I like it. [patriot]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yea I did and that dude is the man!

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a good speach. [patriot]

Only thing he didn't touch on was when the Mexican press said we have to do another firearms ban..... It will stop the killings in Mexico. [BS flag] [BS flag] [BS flag]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

uncle bill
¯
Member # 3953

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uncle bill  Ford pictures for uncle bill  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you Mr Mcclintock
NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think I've heard anyone say it better than that. Especially in regards to Arizona not adding new laws but simply choosing to enforce current law...

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good speach and great quote that doesn't play a role in the US any more not everyone is accepted into America because of the over population and if and when you do apply it may take anywhere from 5-10 years to be gven the privladge to come to this country and be a US citizen unlike when president Roosevelt said that quote. And let's face it most people don't have that time and during harsh times people do drastic things to survive and provide for their families like crossing borders illegaly. I as mexican American tired of the constant attacks on Hispanics there are other ethnicities that enter the country illegaly an don't get 10 percent of the attention. Roosevelt said this country is based on equality then politicians need to start showing some of that. Rant over

--------------------
03 Terminator

DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 

[ May 22, 2010, 04:32 PM: Message edited by: DLo ]

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by blackfifty:
Good speach and great quote that doesn't play a role in the US any more not everyone is accepted into America because of the over population and if and when you do apply it may take anywhere from 5-10 years to be gven the privladge to come to this country and be a US citizen unlike when president Roosevelt said that quote. And let's face it most people don't have that time and during harsh times people do drastic things to survive and provide for their families like crossing borders illegaly. I as mexican American tired of the constant attacks on Hispanics there are other ethnicities that enter the country illegaly an don't get 10 percent of the attention. Roosevelt said this country is based on equality then politicians need to start showing some of that. Rant over

Great quote that doesn't play a role anymore in America? I strongly disagree with what you think there, and I believe that quotation from Teddy Roosevelt hits it 100% on the spot. I can understand that many people have a hard life and obviously they must do what they can to survive. But we can't afford it anymore, and the illegal immigration has just gotten out of hand.

Our country needs to go back to borders, language, and culture.

--------------------
94 GT

NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
that speach was well said!

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by DLo:
quote:
Good speach and great quote that doesn't play a role in the US any more not everyone is accepted into America because of the over population and if and when you do apply it may take anywhere from 5-10 years to be gven the privladge to come to this country and be a US citizen unlike when president Roosevelt said that quote. And let's face it most people don't have that time and during harsh times people do drastic things to survive and provide for their

families like crossing borders illegaly. I as mexican American tired of the constant attacks on Hispanics there are other ethnicities that enter the country illegaly an don't get 10 percent of the attention. Roosevelt said this country is based on equality then politicians need to start showing some of that. Rant over

Great quote that doesn't play a role anymore in America? I strongly disagree with what you think there, and I believe that quotation from Teddy Roosevelt hits it 100% on the spot. I can understand that many people have a hard life and obviously they must do what they can to survive. But we can't afford it anymore, and the illegal immigration has just gotten out of hand

Our country needs to go back to borders, language, and culture.

back when Teddy was president 5% of the population didn't own 95% of the wealth like they do now in the US. Things are never on equal grounds anymore in this country due to capatalistic mind set people have now more than the democratic role it had back in the early 20th century. Now because of some of the stupidity these drug lords have in Mexico there is a negative perspective on Hispanic people as if everyone that's illegal that comes to this country has poor judgement and corrupts the American way of life. Others worry about their jobs but what fear should you have if us employers are taking their businesses out of country and as far as the companies and industries here captalisim is what drives this country competitions is what helps drive this country. And for those with a good education I doubt they have any worries about an illegal takig their job

--------------------
03 Terminator

NCALSVT
¯
Member # 3205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NCALSVT  Ford pictures for NCALSVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the president of mexico, cant stop all the illegals from coming here,just how the u.s CAN'T stop them from coming in,the only thing felipe calderon can do, is try to stop the drug cartels,which he is slowly doing,kind of hard to do so with alot of the mexican goverment on the payroll of cartels,mexico has alot more problems than us,the point i wanna make is that for mexicans to to stay in mexico alot of cleaning up would have to be done to that counrty,just like when the el salvador war was going on they came running here for saftey and a new chance of hope,and i dont see mexico getting better any time soon,i know the economy is bad, but while some are geting the edd checks at home being lazy,guess what,mexicans are still doing the dirty work, cuz you lazy WHITE AMERICANS refuse to do so,put me in the fields i gives a fuck.
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
^ WTF
I'm part 4th gen from Italy and I can tell you my family came here with nothing and worked hard to get where we are today. II'm also part Scotish and German...... But even though my family came from other countries I was born HERE! I speak English, know about my American history and don't feel the need to fly flags from my familys orgins.

( Dont act like white people are the only lazy people in America.... There's lazy people of every race here milking the system we pay into.)

[ May 22, 2010, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: Slowback67 ]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by NCALSVT:
the president of mexico, cant stop all the illegals from coming here,just how the u.s CAN'T stop them from coming in,the only thing felipe calderon can do, is try to stop the drug cartels,which he is slowly doing,kind of hard to do so with alot of the mexican goverment on the payroll of cartels,mexico has alot more problems than us,the point i wanna make is that for mexicans to to stay in mexico alot of cleaning up would have to be done to that counrty,just like when the el salvador war was going on they came running here for saftey and a new chance of hope,and i dont see mexico getting better any time soon,i know the economy is bad, but while some are geting the edd checks at home being lazy,guess what,mexicans are still doing the dirty work, cuz you lazy WHITE AMERICANS refuse to do so,put me in the fields i gives a fuck.

That's the biggest amount of bullshit i've ever heard. That card has been played over and over again and everytime i hear it i think its the stupidest thing i have ever heard. The ONLY place people don't want to do the jobs illegals do is in big cities.

The Mexican President should shut the fuck up, how often does our President fly to Mexico and talk about their laws? Never

[ May 22, 2010, 05:56 PM: Message edited by: WildFire532FB ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

NCALSVT
¯
Member # 3205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NCALSVT  Ford pictures for NCALSVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im tired of mexicans getting bashed on, im not political at all, this country used to have alot of work for the citizens and illegalls, and when those times were good,this topic would not have been as powerful as now,but since more and more americans are laid off,then all of a sudden u wanna "enforce the immigration laws", what happen to helping illegals get the citizenship,therefore creating more jobs, as these new citizens would need D.L and insurance, newer and better cars would be bought, it would have gave the economy a boost, dont wanna affend any one,and maybe the white lazy americans was kinda harsh....maybe....but in my point of view as a mexican american, you see both sides,the pro and cons, and right now im seeing alot of mexican immigrants suffer, loosing jobs,and cant collect unemployment,and still have all this negative feedback on them really suxs,and i only speak on those that truly came here to make a better life for there familys.
blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:
quote:
Originally posted by NCALSVT:

That's the biggest amount of bullshit i've ever heard. That card has been played over and over again and everytime i hear it i think its the stupidest thing i have ever heard. The ONLY place people don't want to do the jobs illegals do is in big cities.

The Mexican President should shut the fuck up, how often does our President fly to Mexico and talk about their laws?
Never

you need to slow down and make an educational response. America has always been a world police telling other countries how to run their government (Iraq) and now that someone else does it to the US you get sensative don't throw stones if you live in a glass house. Anyway mexicos president does need to worry about the cartels but you shouldn't blame him for worryig about the people he should focus ok bringing them back and insuring them their saftey by cleaning up/eliminating the cartel

--------------------
03 Terminator

NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Blackfifty, You want to know a surefire way of shutting the drug cartels down? Close the border! the only way they stay in business is by getting their drugs north and money south. Close the border, and shut off the market they have on their drugs! sounds simple to me. If Calderon really wanted to shut the cartels down he'd put his own military across the border to keep anyone from getting across into the US. but he wants people to cross because he knows they will eventually send money back to their families in mexico and help support their crippled economy.

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

DLo
¯
Member # 6133

quote:
back when Teddy was president 5% of the population didn't own 95% of the wealth like they do now in the US. Things are never on equal grounds anymore in this country due to capatalistic mind set people have now more than the democratic role it had back in the early 20th century. Now because of some of the stupidity these drug lords have in Mexico there is a negative perspective on Hispanic people as if everyone that's illegal that comes to this country has poor judgement and corrupts the American way of life. Others worry about their jobs but what fear should you have if us employers are taking their businesses out of country and as far as the companies and industries here captalisim is what drives this country competitions is what helps drive this country. And for those with a good education I doubt they have any worries about an illegal takig their job

I agree that the drug lords are making a bad name for illegal immigrants. But unfortunately, that is what all of these people are, immigrants that are illegal, drug cartel or not. They're all breaking the law.

Sure, most that have an education should not need to worry about an illegal taking their job, but what about those who are just sitting around on unemployment, mooching off the system? I just got back from Nevada last weekend. Who was working in Walmart, Wendy's, the gas stations? White people! Lots of young white people at that. Anyway, that's a whole separate argument.

For those that are here illegally, I have met plenty who aren't citizens, but they break their backs to make a living in this country. Make them apply for citizenship, make them learn the language, make them pay taxes. I don't have a problem with that. But to leave the borders open or anything along the lines of that is wrong.

--------------------
94 GT

blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

quote:
Originally posted by NiftyWhiteFifty:
Blackfifty, You want to know a surefire way of shutting the drug cartels down? Close the border! the only way they stay in business is by getting their drugs north and money south. Close the border, and shut off the market they have on their drugs! sounds simple to me. If Calderon really wanted to shut the cartels down he'd put his own military across the border to keep anyone from getting across into the US. but he wants people to cross because he knows they will eventually send money back to their families in mexico and help support their crippled economy.

All very good points and Mexico does need to put their own border patrols so the drug flow will slow down (because I don't think it would stop) but there is only one flaw with the concept you've thought of. Alot of legal us citizen people help these cartel bring in the drugs. I watched a documentary on the US/Mexico border and more than 10000 people cross the borders legally everyday and so if customs would have more time and resources which they don't due to the economy it would cripple the drug trade heavily but the flow of drugs would continue. One big thing that also has to happen is California cracking down on the distribution to guns (which would be rebutted by the second amendment). Guns play a big role on the grip of power the cartels have over local law officials so we as the people of the US need to keep track of our guns

--------------------
03 Terminator

87#184saleen
¯
Member # 6276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87#184saleen  Ford pictures for 87#184saleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We need all the crack heads in the US to quit so the cartels wont have a buisness.What you guys think that the US aint geting a cut of the heroine and coke and meth comming in.
351SVO
¯
Member # 9473

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351SVO  Ford pictures for 351SVO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Woooohooooo! Shut the boarders down bitches! You have to be the stupidest fuck in America. To a. Think that will work as they will only find another way of getting drugs in and money out and b. It's just that easy shut the boarder down mister president, ok let press the button to activate the invisable force shield. hahahahahaha fuck me man that was a knee slapper
NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

quote:
Originally posted by 351SVO:
Woooohooooo! Shut the boarders down bitches! You have to be the stupidest fuck in America. To a. Think that will work as they will only find another way of getting drugs in and money out and b. It's just that easy shut the boarder down mister president, ok let press the button to activate the invisable force shield. hahahahahaha fuck me man that was a knee slapper

[Roll Eyes] never said it was an easy task. But it is necessary a nessesary one.. I suppose you would rather leave the borders open for anyone and everyone to come across as they please?

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
assimilate [Roll Eyes]

assimilate hmmm, then why is he speaking a european language..he needs to assimilate and learn any of these languages...chinookan,uto-aztecan,caddoan,na-dene etc

Posts: 1955 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
351SVO
¯
Member # 9473

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351SVO  Ford pictures for 351SVO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The boarders aren't open they are fenced off and patroled by armed personel. I mean what is your plan when u say close up the boarders?
NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

quote:
Originally posted by 351SVO:
The boarders aren't open they are fenced off and patroled by armed personel. I mean what is your plan when u say close up the boarders?

Wow you should really get your facts straight. right now there's hundreds of miles of the border with no fence at all! and border patrol is limited by its budget and can't be in all places at all times. When I say close the borders I mean finish the fence that Bush started and put the national guard on the borderlands like some congressmen and senators are suggesting.

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

Page: 1  2   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com