Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Divorce question (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Divorce question
2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2BlueGeeTees  Ford pictures for 2BlueGeeTees    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not sure but may be headed to the big D. I really don't want to. Anybody divorced. What was the experience like. I'm lost on this. Don't know what to expect
Posts: 2316 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i been tru one and it all depends how your relationship ended, if u are cool with your ex than keep it cool through the whole process, but if it bad like mine [Frown] than u lose cars and other things and the stress is the worst part. my suggestion would be just keep it cool and educated yourself. [patriot]

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That sucks man, I hope it doesn't go that way buut.. Sell all your cars (on paper) to a parent or friend, give things away tvs anything that is worth anything to a friend that u know is gonna give back to u after the divorce is finalized because they will get half.. So if u don't have half to give then your good.
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Stop being a dick and say your sorry. My dad always told me its cheaper to keep her!
1sicmaro
~ I <3 Moms ~
Member # 9734

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1sicmaro  Ford pictures for 1sicmaro    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
have some one go out with her and then catch her cheating then she wont get shit.
94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
expect to lose everything

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You have a house or kids? Either one will require a lawyer. If you have neither, you can do everything yourselves. It's pretty easy. My ex and I were pretty civil, so it was easy to split everything.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Try to work it out. Yall loved each other enough to get married.

[ May 11, 2010, 01:18 AM: Message edited by: adower ]

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowStockFox  Ford pictures for SlowStockFox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
never been through one...but i have heard its cheaper to keep as said above...and ive also heard to give everything to a frined or family member so u can get it back after...or you lose everything and u only get half....unless u can prove u paid for it with ur job and not her income. as long as u can prove its all u and not together {on thing su guys own} then u should be able to keep it. try to make it work and be cool with her and best of luck

--------------------
i walk around....dont drink and drive

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1sicmaro:
have some one go out with her and then catch her cheating then she wont get shit.

Not true.
Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is the shit that makes me never want to get married!

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn sorry to hear..i say put all ur $$$ stuff and cars in someone else name so she cant take em..thats wha a friend mine did..but dnt kno how it would hold in court...but wha aint in ur name i dnt think she could touch..but mostllikey im prb wrong..
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow, what a bunch of BS answers. The best advise I can give you is to try and not get too worked up because it will only make things worse. Every single break up is different, it all depends on the people involved. No matter how hard you try if she isn't willing to be reasonable its going to get ugly. I've been through this twice and while your in the middle of it you'll feel like things couldn't get worse but you will eventually get over it and move on. If it looks like things are going that way for sure then hurry and get rid of stuff because once the papers are filed the property gets dragged into it. I moved all my stuff out and made it go away so was able to keep most of it. Good luck.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I FELL LIKE IM A LITTLE KID ON THIS SITE WITH THIS POST [Frown] from these answers ima go with eddie on this i dont think ima ever get married [Mad]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

JOEFOX87
¯
Member # 8331

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JOEFOX87  Ford pictures for JOEFOX87    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Learn your lesson and next time make her sign a prenup
Posts: 824 | From: Union City, California | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Everyone is different so no one can say what to expect. But I can tell you one thing, the folks I have seen go through it were never the same after. Financially, mentally and responsibility wise.
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
kill her.

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2BlueGeeTees  Ford pictures for 2BlueGeeTees    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the advise and opinions. We are on decent terms now and are attempting to work it out but as she left me the ball is in her court. If it goes south imma try and be as responcible as I can
CobraChick
¯
Member # 9885

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobraChick  Ford pictures for CobraChick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maybe you guys should take a break from each other and then you will realize how much you care for one another once you guys are apart. I went thru some hard times with my husband. We have been married for only 4+ years, but at about the 3 year mark we were having some trouble and it was just time apart that made us realize we still wanted to be together. Well either way I hope it works out for you.

--------------------
Behind ever successful person is a pack of haters.

2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Haha cobrachick we are on the same page. She took off to sacramento And I just came to so cal for a few days. God I hope it works
Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rigo5.0  Ford pictures for Rigo5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CobraChick:
Maybe you guys should take a break from each other and then you will realize how much you care for one another once you guys are apart. I went thru some hard times with my husband. We have been married for only 4+ years, but at about the 3 year mark we were having some trouble and it was just time apart that made us realize we still wanted to be together. Well either way I hope it works out for you.

+1

Take some time apart before anything... 2-3 months living apart will determine whether you're ment to be together or not.

Good luck! [patriot]

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

Posts: 1454 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just curious are there kids involved?
2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

No kids involved. Funny thing is we were tryin right before we split.
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
why did u guys split in the frist place? [Confused]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by 707vibrantcobra93:
No kids involved. Funny thing is we were tryin right before we split.

Well that is one positive. With kids it gets real messy. So you guys would basically be just separating assets and talking money.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com