Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Got ticket for excessive exhaust noise P.C. 27150a (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Got ticket for excessive exhaust noise P.C. 27150a
street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for street_illegal_stang  Ford pictures for street_illegal_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was cruising home and a cop heard me coming down the street, he pulled me over- had me wait 20 minutes to talk to his supervisor to figure out what he can write me up for. He wrote me up for "excessive exhaust noise" P.C. 27150a and didn't mark yes or no in the "correctible box".

so my question is what happens when I go to court? Do they slap me with a fine? anr/or make me prove I corrected the noise violation? smog ref? I never had one of these tickets so any one who had a ticket with p.c.27150a please let me know the details.

I hear I could fight it but it sound ridiculous.

I admit my car is very loud... Mac 1 3/4" long tubes,mac 3" mid pipe and Mac 3" catback .

I also consider myself lucky as they didnt ask to see under the hood.

As far as I know the 27150a violation goes -
it really just says My mufflers are not factory and/or exceeds the Decibal limits.
Of course the excessive exhaust noise is only a judgement call from the cop who wrote the ticket.
No decibal meter was used to measure the sound from my car. Its loud And I know it wont pass.
Any advice will help me greatly. I plan to extend the ticket as long as possible the fight it or rather hope the cop doesnt show up to court [Wink] but its a gamble. Trying to find out what my options are

Posts: 1276 | From: Long Beach C.A | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for street_illegal_stang  Ford pictures for street_illegal_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Adequate Muffler Required
27150. (a) Every motor vehicle subject to registration shall at all times be equipped with an adequate muffler in constant operation and properly maintained to prevent any excessive or unusual noise, and no muffler or exhaust system shall be equipped with a cutout, bypass, or similar device.

I hear to fight it in court you have to take pictures of the factory mufflers installed with your license plate visible with a current newspaper to prove the date. but again -Ridiculous. Thanks for any advice in advance [patriot]

rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rgtrahn  Ford pictures for rgtrahn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
CVC (California Vehicle Code) not PC (Penal Code)...
925GT50
¯
Member # 2683

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 925GT50  Ford pictures for 925GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got one of these about 2 years ago. I had bbk o/r xpipe with dumps, I think it was marked correctible. I heard you ocan only get a ticket like that if it fails the decibel test. I just ended up putting the stock h pipe on and smogg it. Showed the judge I smogged it said it couldnt be illegal.

--------------------
1990 GT hatch (owned since 05')
1988 GT (sold)
1995 SN95 Cobra (totaled/parted)
1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am LT1 (daily driver)

phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
like you said drag it out as long as you can,fight it and attempt to get night court.*sometimes* cops get caught up in a call or writing a report and cant make it....

if he shows up ask him "what method and tool/instrument was used to measure the decibel levels from your vehicles mufflers and what training he has received in that specific filed"

if he cant respond with a good answer the judge will throw out the ticket,thats what happened to me

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Trial by written declaration. Make the jackass write a summary of what happened.
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.trial-by-declaration.com/
threethirty1
¯
Member # 7814

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for threethirty1  Ford pictures for threethirty1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
where at man?

Im close to long beach..shit

I thought we were safe down here!!

--------------------
1987 Black GT
factory zero option car

phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:

"My fees run from $400 to $650 to prepare a Trial by Declaration for you"

fuck that I have beat two speeding tickets back to back with no help its all in your luck and the cops schedule...
who would be stupid to pay "400-650" for a $200 dollar ticket

essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by phonso302:
quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:

"My fees run from $400 to $650 to prepare a Trial by Declaration for you"

fuck that I have beat two speeding tickets back to back with no help its all in your luck and the cops schedule...
who would be stupid to pay "400-650" for a $200 dollar ticket

It's all about www.ticketassasins.com I know tons of people on the board and locally who have won several tickets with his advice.
SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+1 for written declaration. Cops love showing up for court because I believe they get like 5 hours overtime. With written declaration, they have to write their summary on their own time. When I got a loud music ticket (Audible from 50ft or more), all I said was that it was a personal opinion and that theres no proof that my music was too loud. Told them to show me a decible meter to prove it and they said I was not guilty lol.
Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

quote:
Originally posted by rgtrahn:
CVC (California Vehicle Code) not PC (Penal Code)...

whoops... yes your right
street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

quote:
Originally posted by 1HaTCheD5LiTEr:
+1 for written declaration. Cops love showing up for court because I believe they get like 5 hours overtime. With written declaration, they have to write their summary on their own time. When I got a loud music ticket (Audible from 50ft or more), all I said was that it was a personal opinion and that theres no proof that my music was too loud. Told them to show me a decible meter to prove it and they said I was not guilty lol.

did you fight your case above, through the mail?

I've goten away with about 6 speeding tickets by the cops not showing up to court [Razz] so its definetly a 50/50 % chance with fighting it

street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

quote:
Originally posted by threethirty1:
where at man?

Im close to long beach..shit

I thought we were safe down here!!

actually it was signal hill cops hanging out in a parking lot. (boarder of long beach) I saw them so I swiftly boned out to the nearest alley near my house but he ducked out the intersection and seen me turn into the alley. Lucky I didnt cut off my head lights otherwise I be in more trouble. I've juked the cops a few time before by jamming in alleys and parking my car with the lights out. not this time.

Wardlow rd. off the 405-S atlantic exit area is the whereabouts where I got seen/heard(signal hill)
Got pulled over off california and 36th (long beach).

[ April 19, 2010, 10:52 PM: Message edited by: street_illegal_stang ]

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pay it and forget about it. [Smile]

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

quote:
Originally posted by 50DADDY:

does that count as a point on the record?
it is a infraction

phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

quote:
Originally posted by street_illegal_stang:
quote:
Originally posted by 50DADDY:

does that count as a point on the record?
it is a infraction

but its not a moving violation only moving violation get you points.I think at fault accidents get points too
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't get me started on this bullcrap. There looking for any reason to make the state money one ticket at a time. I'd fight it but that's just me, just be prepared is all I can say. Harley's come right out of the factory louder than any mustang and they don't have any problems with noise. [Mad]
Pittsburg Mustang Owner
¯
Member # 6100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pittsburg Mustang Owner  Ford pictures for Pittsburg Mustang Owner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I was cruising home and a cop heard me coming down the street, he pulled me over- had me wait 20 minutes to talk to his supervisor to figure out what he can write me up for. He wrote me up for "excessive exhaust noise" P.C. 27150a and didn't mark yes or no in the "correctible box".

so my question is what happens when I go to court? Do they slap me with a fine? anr/or make me prove I corrected the noise violation? smog ref? I never had one of these tickets so any one who had a ticket with p.c.27150a please let me know the details.

I hear I could fight it but it sound ridiculous.

I admit my car is very loud... Mac 1 3/4" long tubes,mac 3" mid pipe and Mac 3" catback .

I also consider myself lucky as they didnt ask to see under the hood.

As far as I know the 27150a violation goes -
it really just says My mufflers are not factory and/or exceeds the Decibal limits.
Of course the excessive exhaust noise is only a judgement call from the cop who wrote the ticket.
No decibal meter was used to measure the sound from my car. Its loud And I know it wont pass.
Any advice will help me greatly. I plan to extend the ticket as long as possible the fight it or rather hope the cop doesnt show up to court [Wink] but its a gamble. Trying to find out what my options are

street_illegal_stang

LOL

Posts: 1019 | From: Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
maeco
¯
Member # 2578

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for maeco  Ford pictures for maeco    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
keep us posted

--------------------
Looking for clean white mustang email me

CobraChick
¯
Member # 9885

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobraChick  Ford pictures for CobraChick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When he gave you the ticket you should have asked to see the Decimal meter then, and if he can not show it to you at the time of the ticket then he cannot give you one. Just like a speeding ticket they Have to show you the meter IF you ask. Have a lot of friends that have gotten out that way. Ask to see the meter when he is writing the ticket.

--------------------
Behind ever successful person is a pack of haters.

Bent70
¯
Member # 9694

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bent70  Ford pictures for Bent70    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got one of those a few years back. It was a fix it ticket. Just added some resonators you put in the collectors and tack welded disks over my turndowns that I drilled some holes into. Went to the station and the officer listened from the door and wrote it off.

--------------------
some stangs and thangs

04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CobraChick:
When he gave you the ticket you should have asked to see the Decimal meter then, and if he can not show it to you at the time of the ticket then he cannot give you one. Just like a speeding ticket they Have to show you the meter IF you ask. Have a lot of friends that have gotten out that way. Ask to see the meter when he is writing the ticket.

Eh, that only works for a ticket IF you're going only a few miles over... if you're obviously speeding, like, 100mph+ in a 45mph zone... they don't need a radar reading...
Posts: 1570 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

quote:
Originally posted by 04 S281:
quote:

Eh, that only works for a ticket IF you're going only a few miles over... if you're obviously speeding, like, 100mph+ in a 45mph zone... they don't need a radar reading...
I'll keep everyone posted on my case.

If you get caught going over a 100mph they just take you to jail and impound your car.

When the cop saw/heard me, he was standing outside of his car-harrasing somebody in the parking lot I cruised by. He obviously didn't have any sound measuring device in hand, but never the less its a jugdement call of the officer on grounds to write me the ticket. In otherwords he can write the ticket if he thinks its to loud. I didnt ask him any questions nor made any comments in regards cause I did not want him to remember me or ask me to pop to hood open [Wink] Thanks everyone for helping me out with info on vc 27150a

Cops are usually buddies with the judges and its their word against mine, so I hope the cop dont show up

[ April 20, 2010, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: street_illegal_stang ]

04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 04 S281:
quote:

I'll keep everyone posted on my case.

If you get caught going over a 100mph they just take you to jail and impound your car.

When the cop saw/heard me, he was standing outside of his car-harrasing somebody in the parking lot I cruised by. He obviously didn't have any sound measuring device in hand, but never the less its a jugdement call of the officer on grounds to write me the ticket. In otherwords he can write the ticket if he thinks its to loud. I didnt ask him any questions nor made any comments in regards cause I did not want him to remember me or ask me to pop to hood open [Wink] Thanks everyone for helping me out with info on vc 27150a

Cops are usually buddies with the judges and its their word against mine, so I hope the cop dont show up

I got a 100+ ticket on Florin Road in 2006... no impound, no jail... just a cop, laughing his ass off, writing me a 6 point ticket... i'll get a pic of the ticket... it was epic.

and i hope you can beat the ticket. i think cops can get away with that if they can hear you from a certain distance away... like 100 yards or something. but it should have been a fix-it ticket for sure.

[ April 21, 2010, 12:11 AM: Message edited by: 04 S281 ]

Posts: 1570 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com