Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » PURPLE NOTCH (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: PURPLE NOTCH
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ROFL!

-

This car is getting far too much attention, raise the price!

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
8stang8
¯
Member # 8082

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8stang8  Ford pictures for 8stang8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats hilarious luke ^ lmao

--------------------
Fox body coupe: 347, TKO, 3.73s, 9.93 @ 143

triple black hatch
CAFords OG
Member # 5420

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple black hatch  Ford pictures for triple black hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
this are purple noch old wheels

-

Posts: 1409 | From: (650)-(209) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
RODRIGUEZ
¯
Member # 9104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RODRIGUEZ  Ford pictures for RODRIGUEZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by NiftyWhiteFifty:
[QUOTE]....I like the car MUCH better with the FR500s!

That is a true CaFords comment there....lmao. Only thing that beats fr's here is bullets.
[worship]

Or chrome '04 Cobras [Big Grin]
RODRIGUEZ
¯
Member # 9104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RODRIGUEZ  Ford pictures for RODRIGUEZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by triple black hatch:
this are purple noch old wheels

-

No mames wey, thats just wrong man....
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i just want to let you guys know i tryed to buy this car just the shell from alex and he want 20000 for the hole car when i called, i think it not worth 19k but maybe 13 when me and mike put the pan hard bar on and the coil overs on i cant belive how much power this freakin thing had

"just drive it down the street and see if the front tires rub" ok no problem sure ill drive it down the street to see if the tires rub [Big Grin]

iceman i cant belive u sold this car didnt you put 3.55 in the rearend? [Confused]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I thought this car got sold outta state on the corral or something?
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CHUGGABREW:
i just want to let you guys know i tryed to buy this car just the shell from alex and he want 20000 for the hole car when i called, i think it not worth 19k but maybe 13 when me and mike put the pan hard bar on and the coil overs on i cant belive how much power this freakin thing had

"just drive it down the street and see if the front tires rub" ok no problem sure ill drive it down the street to see if the tires rub [Big Grin]

iceman i cant belive u sold this car didnt you put 3.55 in the rearend? [Confused]

Well, the short answer is that I got tired of breaking parts and didn't feel like throwing more money into a car that I was never going to get back. It was almost there... a very well rounded car. The last thing it needed was the fuel system redone. I should've done that first. Maybe the piston wouldn't have let go if I had. That was the straw that broke the camel's back.

It was the last Fox I've owned. I do have to thank that car for getting me back into the classic ('64-'66 cars). I've bought and sold several of those cars since I owned Purple Notch. I've made good cash on every one. And no smog to deal with either.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PurpleNotch  Ford pictures for PurpleNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey cafords long time.. seen this old post about my old purplenotch. Here are a few old pictures I wanted to share. One is from a calendar photo shoot I did here in the bay area and the other one is my engine I built. I sold the car with no stereo system on stock 97 Cobra wheels for 11k cash after sitting on the market for 1 year, to a gentlemen that was suppose to take the car out of state but he ended up keeping it in LA and then selling back here locally after a very short time. I would have liked to get more $$ but I was not in need of money and I had my bagged silverado that was featured in Sport Truck Magazine. I took the money and bought a Harley. [patriot]

-  -  -

[ September 25, 2010, 03:21 AM: Message edited by: PurpleNotch ]

--------------------
**The creator of the infamous purplenotch**

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredvehicles/m5lp_0508_1988_ford_mustang_lx/index.html

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've personally seen this car up close it is something else...always covered always ..never seen paint like that before ..I seen it awhile back when purplenotch did the springs on my 1st 5.0

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PurpleNotch  Ford pictures for PurpleNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah unfortunatly it seen more garage time then street time. I had it stored in a rental garage with my truck for months. The complete build had less than 2k miles on it when I finally sold it. Sure was tough to see it being trailered away that day but it was time to move on.. now I can't find another clean coupe to start as a new project. I am looking for a 100% stock 87-89 coupe original 5.0 5 speed car but they are scarce these days. [patriot]

--------------------

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredvehicles/m5lp_0508_1988_ford_mustang_lx/index.html

Blu50Stang
CAFords OG
Member # 489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blu50Stang  Ford pictures for Blu50Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What's up Shaun. Long time, no talk. Good to see you stop by and post [patriot]

--------------------
Ross
'88 GT - 5.0&SF 4/04 | MM&FF 8/09 | MM&FF 79-93 Mustang Performance Cover 12/12
'17 GT350R

1RaW03SvT
¯
Member # 9151

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1RaW03SvT  Ford pictures for 1RaW03SvT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that car looks like its had a shit load of work done and long hours... to the right person and that knows what there looking at and has gone threw a build process before its well worth 19k [patriot] hey purple notch would you do me a huge favor and pm me i have some ?s for ya about that car being that you built it! i would appreciate it alot.... [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
2003 SoNiC BlUe CoBrA
BUILT

Posts: 2159 | From: *SVTaDDicT* | Registered: May 2009  |  :
Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can't imagine spending 19k on a vehicle that doesn't even have a shaved engine bay for that price.

It would atleast have to be full suspension & built rear for that price.

Coupe > Cobra

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:
ain't no one tell me what to do. - NEIGHT

Posts: 1712 | From: NoOneTellMeWhatToDo-Neight | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

Good to see some old familiar faces on here too guys!

Incase members were wondering my build cost on that car was $35k including the cost of the car and I provided all the reciepts to the new owner when I sold. So please don't disrespect someones listing price for a vehicle that def. has the $$ into it. Although we don't have to all agree on an asking price of 19k, it is not fair to discriminate on the car itself. [patriot]

--------------------

PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

quote:
Originally posted by 1RaW93SvT:
that car looks like its had a shit load of work done and long hours... to the right person and that knows what there looking at and has gone threw a build process before its well worth 19k [patriot] hey purple notch would you do me a huge favor and pm me i have some ?s for ya about that car being that you built it! i would appreciate it alot.... [patriot] [patriot]

Sure thing let me know what questions you have... [patriot]

--------------------

svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleNotch:

Incase members were wondering my build cost on that car was $35k including the cost of the car and I provided all the reciepts to the new owner when I sold. So please don't disrespect someones listing price for a vehicle that def. has the $$ into it. Although we don't have to all agree on an asking price of 19k, it is not fair to discriminate on the car itself. [patriot]

I got my piece of this car. What up man how you been? Long time no hear tvs are still in my car now. hope all is well and keep up the good shiz.

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

quote:
Originally posted by svt306snake:
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleNotch:

I got my piece of this car. What up man how you been? Long time no hear tvs are still in my car now. hope all is well and keep up the good shiz.
Hey what it do old friend.. yeah everything is good around here. It is def. good to hear from some old familiar friends round here eveytime I glanced the forum I seen nothing but new names.. Hope everything is good we should all have a meet up sometime it would be nice to catch up with you guys.. [patriot]

--------------------

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That Fox was nice but it needed all the holes in the engine bay welded up, my eyes are still drawn to all the holes in that shock tower.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:
That Fox was nice but it needed all the holes in the engine bay welded up, my eyes are still drawn to all the holes in that shock tower.

Def. would have been a nice touch. When I bought the car in Texas it had just been painted by the original owner. It was a complete color change, the car was originally black. I did my best to clean and hide all the wiring and anything I could. If I build one again and paint it I may consider that it does look real clean.

--------------------

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by x42bnx:
I can't imagine spending 19k on a vehicle that doesn't even have a shaved engine bay for that price.

It would atleast have to be full suspension & built rear for that price.

Coupe > Cobra

The car had an AJE tubular K member with coilovers in the front and a full Max Motorsports torque arm setup with a panhard bar and adjustable LCA's in the rear. It also had Cobra brakes on all four corners.

[ September 26, 2010, 01:43 AM: Message edited by: iceman302 ]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Post pics of the Silvy! It didnt happen to be a maroon OBS with an esky clip was it?

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
off topic, but purplenotch what is a police service territory manager? im just curious...and google didnt help me out this time [Big Grin]

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:
off topic, but purplenotch what is a police service territory manager? im just curious...and google didnt help me out this time [Big Grin]

Probably parole officer, just ask yours.
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:
quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:

Probably parole officer, just ask yours.
lol classic...i asked mine and she said wtf and stay off forums idiot!

and im actually on probation, not parole...didnt hit the big leagues yet lol

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com