Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Anyone have access to ALLDATA? Need help!!!!! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Anyone have access to ALLDATA? Need help!!!!!
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Like the title says, I need someone that has access to all data. I am in the middle of a warranty repair, & the warranty company is trying to screw me on the amount of labor hours... In the mitchell repair book, it states that the repair takes 14.4 hours, but the warranty company is stating that All data says the job takes 8.8 hours??? Sounds like B.S if you ask me... Never again will I buy a warranty!!!

Anyhow, if somebody has access, can you look up how many hours it takes to R&R the motor, & replace the driver side cylinder head on a 2003 Mach 1....

Thanks!!!

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i belive ford gives you a little over 8 hours to ranr the engine a some like four hours to remove an replace the heads
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have access to it, I can check for you tomorrow. We have AllData and Mitchell, they are usually almost the exact same on labor time.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
i belive ford gives you a little over 8 hours to ranr the engine a some like four hours to remove an replace the heads

I called Ford today & asked a service advisor to look it up in teir book (mitchell), & he said something like 13.4 to 14.4 hours to R&R the engine & R&R the driver side head...

--------------------

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
I have access to it, I can check for you tomorrow. We have AllData and Mitchell, they are usually almost the exact same on labor time.

Thanks Jeff. I figured there wouldn't really be a difference between Mitchell & All data, but the warranty company is telling me All Data says 8.8 hours?

Yeah LMK if you can get that info for me. Also, if there is anyway I can get a copy of the page that would have the labor hours in print, maybe you can fax it to my Job, or up to AED, I would greatly appreciate it... Thanks again...

--------------------

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ill check both for you.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
Ill check both for you.

Cool, thanks. Ford goes by the mitchell book, but the warranty isn't through Ford.

--------------------

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:
quote:

I called Ford today & asked a service advisor to look it up in teir book (mitchell), & he said something like 13.4 to 14.4 hours to R&R the engine & R&R the driver side head...
ford doesn't use nodata for there warrnty times the use fmc dealer
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn! sorry to here about the warranty company trying to fuck you. For some reason I am not suprised though. Alot of those aftermarket warranty companies are CROOKED!

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
quote:
quote:

Oh, I guess I thought they went by the Mitchell book? Anyhow, if Ford says it takes a certain amount of hours, you figure the books & the industry standard would be based off that right?

--------------------

Venomousnotch
¯
Member # 8695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomousnotch  Ford pictures for Venomousnotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My wife works at ford and she said to remove and replace is 14.5 hours...LMK if you need more info... [patriot]

--------------------
🏁•2004 MUSTANG SVT COBRA•🏁

"WHEN THE WHINING STARTS,IT MEANS JUSTICE IS ABOUT TO BE SERVED"..

Posts: 7604 | From: *NORTHERN*KILLA4NIA* | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Oh, I guess I thought they went by the Mitchell book? Anyhow, if Ford says it takes a certain amount of hours, you figure the books & the industry standard would be based off that right?
you realy want to know whats said there is no industry standard for labor just labor guides i had nodata tell me it take .30 to remove a coil an plug on 4cly on a 2006 expo an
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by Venomousnotch:
My wife works at ford and she said to remove and replace is 14.5 hours...LMK if you need more info... [patriot]

Thanks, that is what the service writer at Ford said, & AED as well, BUT the warranty company seems to think it takes 8.8 hours???

--------------------

89Rodknocker
CAFords OG
Member # 2951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89Rodknocker  Ford pictures for 89Rodknocker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They are probally looking up time for a standard 2v gt. The motor has to be dropped to remove the heads on a 4v. It can be done in 8 hours but thats hustling. I'd atleast want 10-12 hours. I'd haveto say your are getting screwed. At Ford they payed around 14 hours for a cobra. Mach 1 should be the same.

--------------------
89 lx (stolen and stripped)
94 gt runner (sold)
89 lx Stock(sold)
86 gt T-trim (sold)
73 Camaro BBC
01 5.0 Explorer limited Borlas (sold)

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by 89Rodknocker:
They are probally looking up time for a standard 2v gt. The motor has to be dropped to remove the heads on a 4v. It can be done in 8 hours but thats hustling. I'd atleast want 10-12 hours. I'd haveto say your are getting screwed. At Ford they payed around 14 hours for a cobra. Mach 1 should be the same.

I thought maybe the warranty co was looking up a GT instead of a mach 1, so I even asked the Ford service advisor how many hours it would take to do the same repair on a 2V, & he said 12.5 hours.

I am 100% sure they are trying to screw me, & I was aware of this from the moment my car was in the shop. If I could go back 4 years to when I purchased my car, I would have never purchased this P.O.S warranty, but its too late for that now. Never again will I buy a warranty!!!

[ April 07, 2010, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

I really need a printout of the page FROM ALL DATA so I can see for mysealf & so I can fax it over to the warranty company to show them that I'm not gonna take no for an answer... They don't care about Mitchell, they only deal with All data I guess?

--------------------

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

I thought maybe the warranty co was looking up a GT instead of a mach 1, so I even asked the Ford service advisor how many hours it would take to do the same repair on a 2V, & he said 12.5 hours.

I am 100% sure they are trying to screw me, & I was aware of this from the moment my car was in the shop. If I could go back 4 years to when I purchased my car, I would have never purchased this P.O.S warranty, but its too late for that now. Never again will I buy a warranty!!!

what?

Seems like they're still paying, so you have to fit the bill on the extra worst case right? Better than paying the entire bill yourself.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
quote:
quote:

what?

Seems like they're still paying, so you have to fit the bill on the extra worst case right? Better than paying the entire bill yourself.

You are right there, BUT the warranty cost me more than a couple grand, which was financed into my loan, so after interest, its costing me more than what I can build a complete forged longblock for...

At that cost, I shouldn't have to pay a dime on this repair IMO...

[ April 07, 2010, 11:59 PM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow... that is a serious chunk of change for a warranty!!! I would be fighting for every cent I could get out of them!
Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by Notch1320:
Wow... that is a serious chunk of change for a warranty!!! I would be fighting for every cent I could get out of them!

I know, its ridiculous, but at the time it sounded good & it was financed, so I didn't really care at the time. It was a bad decision on my part, but you live & learn...

I will never buy a warranty again because you have to fight for every penny if you have a claim...

I actually plan on cancelling the warranty after this repair so at least I will get a nice chunk of it pro rated back to my loan since I still have 1.5 years left on the warranty...

[ April 07, 2010, 11:52 PM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------

LETHL 03
¯
Member # 5401

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LETHL 03  Ford pictures for LETHL 03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you still need the info to log in to ALL DATA lmk.

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman LQ9SN95

Hard Head Muscle
#HHM #babydickcobra #lethl03

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by LETHL 03:
if you still need the info to log in to ALL DATA lmk.

Yesir, I still need it. Thanks & LMK...

--------------------

2SIK GT
¯
Member # 3381

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2SIK GT  Ford pictures for 2SIK GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
U NEED PRE PAID LEGAL. THEY HANDLE WARRENTY THINGS LIKE THAT

--------------------
all u see is tail lights if u where driving a chevy

Posts: 979 | From: San Jose Ca | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
white1990stang
¯
Member # 2307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for white1990stang  Ford pictures for white1990stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my all data says- complete assembly without transfer of parts- mfg. warr.- 7.8, std.- 12.9. There not gonna pay the std.

--------------------
You must be fast, cause I was haullin ass when I passed you.

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I work for for an automotive repair facility and see this VERY OFTEN. People sign the warranty and don't realize they often only pay $75 per hour, don't pay for hazzard fees, fluids, and pay a decreases labor/warranty timeframe. The shop has a couple options, they can leave it alone and leave you liable for the difference or they can work for the warranty companies fee, or they can meet you in the middle and have you pay half the difference etc. Unfortunately if you read the fine print of the entire warranty info you'll see the labor time guide they use etc. But when people are financing a car they sign and go to the next page, happens ALL TOO OFTEN and leaves the shop working on the car to look like the bad guys often and have to spend hours on the telephone working with the warranty company on behalf of the policy holder.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com