Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Terminator owners... (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Terminator owners...
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
quote:
Originally posted by BladeX10:
How much do they charge??

I'll probably end up taking it to aed. Thanks guys.

You need to bring it by and let me take it around the block once..... never gotten to drive a Terminator yet!
ahaha.. Ill probably have you cut the linear springs a bit if you ever get the time. lol

The guy is taking it in to get a clutch job next week so im waiting on that and trying to scoop up some extra money for a bigger down payment.

$400 sounds pretty decent. Ill definitely have to take it there. The car makes 448RWHP/435RWTQ right now on a very safe tune. I'll probably take it in after i get the blower ported. Terminator guys. Posi or Steig?????

Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

You need to bring it by and let me take it around the block once..... never gotten to drive a Terminator yet!
ahaha.. Ill probably have you cut the linear springs a bit if you ever get the time. lol

The guy is taking it in to get a clutch job next week so im waiting on that and trying to scoop up some extra money for a bigger down payment.

$400 sounds pretty decent. Ill definitely have to take it there. The car makes 448RWHP/435RWTQ right now on a very safe tune. I'll probably take it in after i get the blower ported. Terminator guys. Posi or Steig?????

posi for sure...lots of controversy over steig these days for their stage 5 port failures and how they're poorly dealing w/ the issue. just know these motors arent cheap to work on so it would be a good idea to spend the extra bucks upfront to have it inspected to ensure the motor in healthy. keep in mind, its not uncommon to spend anywhere from 6k to 10k for a rebuild on these motors.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was thinking posi aswell since ive read alot about steigs failures on the stage 5.

This cobra was very well kept. The original owner took very good care of it and daily drove it 55k. The other 2 owners kept up with it very well too. Previous owner ran a compression test and all cylinders where 175 across give or take a few. So thats pretty cool.

Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
quote:
quote:
quote:

posi for sure...lots of controversy over steig these days for their stage 5 port failures and how they're poorly dealing w/ the issue. just know these motors arent cheap to work on so it would be a good idea to spend the extra bucks upfront to have it inspected to ensure the motor in healthy. keep in mind, its not uncommon to spend anywhere from 6k to 10k for a rebuild on these motors.
Steig "s stage 5 port is defective? Ive' never heard that, please explain?
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Torque plate = broken welds

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com