Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » BART reaches settlement with Oscar Grant's daughter (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: BART reaches settlement with Oscar Grant's daughter
gray03gt
¯
Member # 6427

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gray03gt  Ford pictures for gray03gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 5OHS5OH:
[QB] So you mean to tell me if (just what if) i were coming home from the shooting range one day, and i had my glock 40 in the car with me because I was going to a diffrent side of town, but i left the clip in the trunk. I get approched by a mean looking white guy (mind you this is just a what if) and he attacks me for what ever reason. But i pull my gun and accidentally pull the trigger not realizing there was a round in the chamber, and I kill the guy!!!! WOULD THAT BE AN ACCIDENT? I mean im not wrong for having what i think to be an unloaded reigistered firearm in my possesion, and defending my self??? No im black and I killed somebody rather they be black or white. Im gonna get some type of murder charge. What makes it so different for a cop??? Wrong is wrong, even cops should be punished for there mistakes.

^you would be wrong because regardless of what you think or want, you illegally have a loaded weapon in your car. However that may get thrown aside if you were clearly going to lose your life and pointing a presumably unloaded gun may somehow save you from an attacker.

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^what he said

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
totalkaos92
¯
Member # 5750

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for totalkaos92  Ford pictures for totalkaos92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by gray03gt:
[QB] So you mean to tell me if (just what if) i were coming home from the shooting range one day, and i had my glock 40 in the car with me because I was going to a diffrent side of town, but i left the clip in the trunk. I get approched by a mean looking white guy (mind you this is just a what if) and he attacks me for what ever reason. But i pull my gun and accidentally pull the trigger not realizing there was a round in the chamber, and I kill the guy!!!! WOULD THAT BE AN ACCIDENT? I mean im not wrong for having what i think to be an unloaded reigistered firearm in my possesion, and defending my self??? No im black and I killed somebody rather they be black or white. Im gonna get some type of murder charge. What makes it so different for a cop??? Wrong is wrong, even cops should be punished for there mistakes.

^you would be wrong because regardless of what you think or want, you illegally have a loaded weapon in your car. However that may get thrown aside if you were clearly going to lose your life and pointing a presumably unloaded gun may somehow save you from an attacker.

So im sure you have seen the tapes, so if you were in a bar confirtation (just so happen) and your buddys were doing all the bad shit and you just happned to be with them. And when the cops come the try to take you to jail for it, while the were putting you in cuffs would you not try to pled your case? I mean really what if he really didnt do shit (just what if) he was laying down, he was just trying to speak his peace!!! that was murder [Mad]
Posts: 2175 | From: the bay area | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yup it was murder^

--------------------
Daniel/50Reasons

SAMACH1
¯
Member # 7042

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAMACH1  Ford pictures for SAMACH1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by totalkaos92:
quote:
Originally posted by gray03gt:

So im sure you have seen the tapes, so if you were in a bar confirtation (just so happen) and your buddys were doing all the bad shit and you just happned to be with them. And when the cops come the try to take you to jail for it, while the were putting you in cuffs would you not try to pled your case? I mean really what if he really didnt do shit (just what if) he was laying down, he was just trying to speak his peace!!! that was murder [Mad]
i dont know why its even a question, why would you even need to taze someone when they are face down with there hands behind there back?!?!?!!??! its funny how cops get the benefit of the doubt but ordinary citizens never do....
[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
- STREET ACTIONS CC -
Advanced Auto Built
Bob Kurgan Tuned

gray03gt
¯
Member # 6427

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gray03gt  Ford pictures for gray03gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
He did shoot the guy who was cuffed I believe. That's not right. But the man also is at fault for breaking the law. And I wouldn't assume that your personal behavior and response to a conFRONTation in a bar is the same as mine or anyone elses. You wonder why a small percentage of people have confrontations with police while the rest are somehow able to stay out of trouble.
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by totalkaos [/qb]
So im sure you have seen the tapes, so if you were in a bar confirtation (just so happen) and your buddys were doing all the bad shit and you just happned to be with them. And when the cops come the try to take you to jail for it, while the were putting you in cuffs would you not try to pled your case? I mean really what if he really didnt do shit (just what if) he was laying down, he was just trying to speak his peace!!! that was murder [Mad] [/QB][/QUOTE]
this is easy to answer don't say shit an just ask for a lawyer

NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cops have a hard job, and shit heads on the street dont give a crap about anyone or anything, especially cops, which is why cops carry all those types of defensive tools on their duty belts. however, in this case, #1, I was not there so I am not judging either one, #2, from the way it looks, the officer screwed up, and who knows what was in his head but a taser and a gun are not located on the same side of your belt, hence so u dont mix them up, and most tasers are cross draw anyway. I dont think he was going for the taser, and I dont know what he was trying to do, but when u go for your gun, u may have to kill some one. Thats why when u go through the academy they drill the safety and consequences with drawing your firearm.

dude on the ground, Grant, should have just not moved, resisted, argue etc (if he did) and let it just play out.

Either way it happened and its over, and now the courts will have to figure out whats going to happen, but settlement money is weak, poor kid has no idea whats goin on. But u cant say its murder, unkless the cop woke up that mornning saying "Im gonna shoot someone tonight..."

Cop may get manslaughter, or 2nd degree...

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
r1
CAFords OG
Member # 1144

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for r1  Ford pictures for r1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Kind of restating what 5oh siad but if you guys dont understand INTENT then you dont belong in a conversation of whether or not its murder. IS it fucked up and did the officer fuck up YES, but Murder is based on what you were thinking right before and shortly up to the point when he shot him. To all the cop haters look at your lifestyle and your body language when you are pulled over or confronted by law enforcement. I work in a jail and let me tell you EVERYONE IS INNOCENT LMAO

--------------------
shit breaks then you buy the good stuff

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:
There's no doubt in my mind if hes not convicted of murder which would be impossible to prove there will be rioting in Oakland and many people will get hurt.

Would you expect anything else from the fine citizens of oakland? Seems people in areas like that are always looking for a reason to go get a new TV and destroy everyone's property.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:
There's no doubt in my mind if hes not convicted of murder which would be impossible to prove there will be rioting in Oakland and many people will get hurt.

Would you expect anything else from the fine citizens of oakland? Seems people in areas like that are always looking for a reason to go get a new TV and destroy everyone's property.
I know what you mean... I'm worried some punk is gonna try to shoot an officer in Oakland after the outcome of the trial. I pray all the time my brother in law doesn't get shot by some turd on patrol and especially on a call out.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

¯
Member # 1904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 51505.0  Ford pictures for 51505.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hope he doesnt get convicted so they with burn, loot kill and go crazy in oakland Maybe they will clean it up. All the crack heads, drugs dealers, convicted felons, child molesters, car thieves thieves in general, but the sad thing is after they are all gone only 5% of Oakland will be left. LOL that city or should I say the large majority of people that live there are a complete mess, I say fuck it burn that place to the ground.
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Just cause he didn't plan on killing anyone doesn't mean he didn't murder the poor guy who was in cuffs in no way is that manslaughter he murdered that guy it just wasn't premeditated murder but still murder and doesn't matter how many shit heads you encounter each and every day as a peace officer you better keep your cool in those situation that's your fucking job to keep your cool in those situations nobody told him he had to have that job he chose that career and line of work that's why everyone can't do it, it takes a even headed type of person to do well as a peace officer and that's why they do evaluations on you before they hire you on they don't want hot headed dumb asses with guns on the streets like the dumb ass Bart cop who shot someone who was already detained

[ February 01, 2010, 02:43 AM: Message edited by: 50Reasons ]

--------------------
Daniel/50Reasons

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it is murder, but its a classic case of"hang em cuz hes white" if it was a black cop there would be no issue, hell, what about the little hassani campbell kid why arent there riots over his black guardians??????please all of the the"if he was black it would still be an issue" people dont reply
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I believe to get charged with "murder" it must be premediated and there's no way to prove that unless the two involved knew each other and had some argument hours or days before the incident.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Nope don't hang him cuz he's white hang him cuz he's a cop and we hold cops at a higher standard you shouldent kill unless your life or someone elses life that your trying to protect is endangered ,and it deffinately was not the case here.

--------------------
Daniel/50Reasons

r1
CAFords OG
Member # 1144

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for r1  Ford pictures for r1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
mur·der (mûrdr) KEY

NOUN:

The unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice.

Read the entire defenition folks. He aint getting Murder SORRY!

--------------------
shit breaks then you buy the good stuff

98Snake
¯
Member # 183

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98Snake  Ford pictures for 98Snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by r1:
To all the cop haters look at your lifestyle and your body language when you are pulled over or confronted by law enforcement. I work in a jail and let me tell you EVERYONE IS INNOCENT LMAO

LOL this couldn't be more true. [patriot] Blame everything on our oppressive society. Self accountability no longer exists. [Big Grin] [Roll Eyes]
totalkaos92
¯
Member # 5750

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for totalkaos92  Ford pictures for totalkaos92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 51505.0:
I hope he doesnt get convicted so they with burn, loot kill and go crazy in oakland Maybe they will clean it up. All the crack heads, drugs dealers, convicted felons, child molesters, car thieves thieves in general, but the sad thing is after they are all gone only 5% of Oakland will be left. LOL that city or should I say the large majority of people that live there are a complete mess, I say fuck it burn that place to the ground.

BET YOU WISHED YOU WERE FROM OAKLAND IN HIGH SCHOOL, THEN MAYBE ALL THE COOL KIDS FROM OAKLAND WOULD NOT HAVE BEAT YOU UP [Razz] [patriot]

510 HUH SO WHERE ARE YOU FROM??? [Roll Eyes]

2Foxes2Five0Coupes
¯
Member # 9154

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2Foxes2Five0Coupes  Ford pictures for 2Foxes2Five0Coupes    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

LOL!!!??? Your fired!!! Like Dude from ESPN talking about Haiti. Sh*t talkin gets you nowhere especially when it's uncalled for nor funny. Your just an "insensitive" person to this tragedy and someone that get's off on typing [BS flag] Glad Oscars daughter got something , his family really deserves more ...
¯
Member # 1904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 51505.0  Ford pictures for 51505.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ToTalk you can come see me whenever you want, dont make this personal issue. There are plenty of people on this site that know me, and yes 510 is where I was born and raised. If you are that 10% that is the great part of Oakland then Im happy for u.
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/02/01/BAT11BPR1O.DTL

quote:

Behind the scenes, there's bad news for prosecutors in the upcoming murder trial of ex-BART police Officer Johannes Mehserle.
The trouble comes in the form of eyewitness statements to police who investigated the fatal shooting of Oscar Grant and depositions in the lawsuit that led to a $1.5 million settlement from BART for the slain man's daughter.

Mehserle has been charged with murder for shooting Grant as the Hayward man lay face down on the Fruitvale Station platform in Oakland while being detained by officers early Jan. 1, 2009. Mehserle's lawyers say he shot Grant by accident while thinking he was firing a Taser.

Mehserle may get unexpected backup from some of Grant's companions who were detained with him at Fruitvale after a fight on a train.

One of the friends - Jack Bryson, who was on his knees just two feet from Grant - told police in a taped statement that night that he heard Mehserle warn Grant that he was going to Tase him, just before he shot him, sources tell us.

Another friend said in a deposition in the Grant family's lawsuit that Mehserle hadn't cursed, used racial slurs against the African American suspects or displayed anger before shooting Grant. That could prove to be fodder for a defense argument that Mehserle had no intention of killing Grant.

Alameda County Deputy District Attorney David Stein declined to comment, citing a gag order that a judge imposed on parties in the case.

By the way, the $1.5 million settlement for Grant's 5-year-old daughter, Tatiana, is expected to be placed in an interest-bearing account that could grow to $4.5 million to be paid out over the next 30 years, said John Burris, the attorney for the Grant family.

"We can't bring back her father," Burris said, "but we can still provide for his daughter."

I believe it was an accident and had intense pressure and stress. Yes he was trained, but people do fail at times.
Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i never respond to these threads because I don't even know where to start. but Oscar Grants family got punked. 1.5 of 50 mil, yea something is better than nothing but it only took them 11 hours to settle with that figure. Did they get appointed a public deffender? Stupid come up! lol

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

totalkaos92
¯
Member # 5750

quote:
ToTalk you can come see me whenever you want, dont make this personal issue. There are plenty of people on this site that know me, and yes 510 is where I was born and raised. If you are that 10% that is the great part of Oakland then Im happy for u.

SOUNDS GOOD!!! IF I DONT KNOW YOU U AINT NOBODY!!! GETTA A RESUME TOGTHER [Whoo Whooooo!]
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
"We can't bring back her father," Burris said, "but we can still provide for his daughter." ( burr-ass thinking in his head )
" And I can make a boat load of cash off his death "

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com