Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » FINALLY, got us a short sale :) (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: FINALLY, got us a short sale :)
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
lol so you are going into the new house and walking away from the dept in the house you have now? And you are fine with this?

Yup!
N8 I admire you for doing this and I am surprised it is not more common than it is.

I am about 15-18% underwater now. If that number climbs to 35%+, I am buying another house and I am OUT on this one.

Given that I put down 20% on this place at the time I bought it (2007), I could sell now and break even (based on recent comparables) without destroying my credit...

But if it goes significantly further underwater, it will be too tempting to not buy the neighbors house and walk away from mine [Wink]

Like Don said, a small part of me believes that there will be major reprocussions that have not yet surfaced for doing something like this. Time will tell.

[ January 12, 2010, 02:00 AM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
Like Don said, a small part of me believes that there will be major reprocussions that have not yet surfaced for doing something like this. Time will tell.

Nate doesn't think so, but trust me, there will [Wink]

I'm not here to convince or argue with Nate, he'll need to find this out for himself. I just hope he doesn't jump on and claim racism from the bank when it happens!!! [Eek!]

That last part was a joke..... Lame that I have to even mention that....

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know a couple people that have walked away. Sure does screw up our fucked up economy as it is. On the other note we are all going to pay for it one way or the other which I believe is bullshit some people had nothing to do with this mess!
Anyhow congrads on the new house. I can't wait to just walk away from mine put my cash in the bank and watch the economy fall flat on it's face! And I'm not under water at all just waiting for my partner to get the money together and pay me off

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
crime is high in stockton.

The ONLY place Id live in Stockton is next door to SAL (FOSTANG) other than that, fuckin forget it.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man good luck out there. Stockton is the armpit of CA.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:

Nate doesn't think so, but trust me, there will [Wink]

I'm not here to convince or argue with Nate, he'll need to find this out for himself. I just hope he doesn't jump on and claim racism from the bank when it happens!!! [Eek!]

That last part was a joke..... Lame that I have to even mention that....

don, what consequences do you speak of aside from having the credit hit? assume he short sales on the 1st home and didnt do a cash out refi, he'll be forgiven the money lost from the short sale as far as federal taxes are concerned. id be interested to hear what other repercussions are there?

most ppl cant swing what n8 just did cuz most are already in financial ruin and dont have a healthy application to put in a bid for another home but from what i hear banks are keen on ppl doing this sort of switcharoo.and therefore are more strict on approving loans for rental properties.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea Stockton sucks as a city in general, my wife hates it. I have lived in 3 places in Stockton. Our first was a mini Oakland. But to be honest I met some real genuine people in the worst area we lived in, that are still my friends to this day. The higher up the totem pole you go. The people suck. So I like to stay in the middle. Tho I am putting in motion my plan to move to San Diego. Got my eye on a flat looking over Padres park. After the kids are gone of course.

I am not sure what consequences can be had by walking on your home. Please do share. We tried to work with the bank, they wasn't hearing it. We are very slick with our finances the way we separate our incomes and credit lines and join when we need to. Part of the goodness of owning your business.

[ January 12, 2010, 11:26 AM: Message edited by: N8 ]

cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Stockton, CA is on many lists, and its pretty well known…but not for the right reasons. We thought being on Forbes “Most Miserable Cities” list was bad…until we became the number one city. That was bad. Not only is Stockton climbing the ladder to notoriety in the business world, but it’s violent crime rate has now become California’s second highest, right after Oakland.
Stockton has potential-that’s why it hasn’t been completely abandoned. But the residents of the San Joaquin Valley cannot reply only on the government or City Council to make change. Lasting change comes from the ground up. Unless the citizens of Stockton take matters into their own hands, anything the government does won’t help us. City Council is doing their part, but are we doing ours? The only way to fix the problem is to become active in our community and take ownership of the city.
Until the residents of Stockton can learn to do that, Stockton, CA will be famous, but for all the wrong reasons.

By David Siders
Record Staff Writer
June 02, 2009 6:00 AM
STOCKTON - Stockton in 2008 had the second-highest violent crime rate among California’s largest cities and the eighth-highest violent crime rate nationwide, according to statistics released Monday by the FBI.

Stockton’s rate of 14.7 violent crimes per 1,000 people was second statewide to Oakland for the third consecutive year, according to the FBI, which reported on cities with populations of at least 100,000.

The number of violent crimes in Stockton - including murders, rapes, robberies and aggravated assaults - increased 2.5 percent from 2007, to 4,322 in 2008. Nationwide, the number of violent crimes decreased 2.5 percent, the FBI said.

In Stockton, the increase owed primarily to a 6.5 percent rise in aggravated assaults, to 2,628. There were 112 forcible rapes, up from 105 the previous year, according to the FBI. Robberies were down 3.5 percent, and homicides fell to 24, the fewest since 1976.

Deputy Police Chief Mark Helms said violent crime declined in the first four months of 2009, down 13 percent from the same period last year, and for that reason, Mayor Ann Johnston said, “I think next year’s stats will show a different story.”

Helms attributed early decreases in the violent crime rate this year to “some pretty healthy staffing levels in patrol.” He said, “We’re still doing a lot of self-initiated work.”

City Hall issued layoff notices in May to 55 members of the Police Department’s force of about 400 officers, part of a citywide cost-cutting campaign to fix a $31million budget deficit. It remained unclear how many of those officers will be laid off when fiscal 2009-10 starts July 1, but it is almost certain the department will shrink significantly.

Johnston said a department reorganization to put more officers on patrol, and partnerships with agencies such as the California Highway Patrol - which is temporarily deploying dozens of officers in Stockton to help fight gang violence - could maintain the successes of early 2009.

The number of property crimes in Stockton in 2008 was down 3.9 percent from the previous year, to 17,955 crimes, according to the FBI. Nationwide, property crimes were down 1.6 percent.

St. Louis had the highest violent crime rate in the nation in 2008, at 20.7 violent crimes per 1,000 people. It was followed by Flint, Mich.; Oakland; Detroit; Memphis, Tenn.; Orlando, Fla.; Baltimore; and Stockton.

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cobraracer, right on man. And I always say this. It is easy to throw stones down from a pedestal. Its amazing how people feel entitled just because of an area they live in. Or feel held back because of an area they live in. No matter where I live I try to make it a better space for more than just myself. If more people felt like that we would have better communities and friendlier communities.

For instance when I lived in a seriously bad area of Stockton. I started a thing with the neighborhood kids where I promised who ever brought me a straight A report card I would buy them any shoes the wanted. Well the first kid that took advantage was a kid whose mamma said he rarely got anything over a C. She thanks me to this day when ever she sees me. Because that little help has carried over into subsequent years of his schooling. So I left a bright spot where I have been. I encourage others to stop judging and do something to help.

I swear a friend of mine lives in Brookside (the real good part). And I hung with him at the golf club thing. And it was disgusting how them people act. And how unfriendly they are unless they feel you have a certain status. I wouldn't want to live like that. I like a happy medium.

Sorry didnt mean to turn this into a PSA. Back to topic. I still would like to know what course of action can be taken that have consequences on us.

[ January 12, 2010, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: N8 ]

sac 5.0
¯
Member # 2980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sac 5.0  Ford pictures for sac 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i had to do a short sale in sacramento.my wife job closed up so we had to move to the office in arizona.the bank took are short sale and did not affect or credit at all they did a foregieness of debt,on our credit they put loan sastified.the only thing is now we owe taxes on 133,000 to california,if they dont pass a bill like the federal did.

did you do a short sale or you goona walk?

make sure you talk to a laywer,best 1000 bucks i ever spent.

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn Congrats!!!!! That shit be paid off in less than 10 years! [patriot]
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sac 5.0:
i had to do a short sale in sacramento.my wife job closed up so we had to move to the office in arizona.the bank took are short sale and did not affect or credit at all they did a foregieness of debt,on our credit they put loan sastified.the only thing is now we owe taxes on 133,000 to california,if they dont pass a bill like the federal did.

so what are you going to do about the 133k cancellation of debt for 2009 filing?

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Just to clear up, we bought a short sale home. We didnt short sale our house. Not sure if there was some confusion.

Actually we are now thinking about short selling our property that we own. Now I can see some issues there with something being owed.

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
Just to clear up, we bought a short sale home. We didnt short sale our house. Not sure if there was some confusion.

Actually we are now thinking about short selling our property that we own. Now I can see some issues there with something being owed.

no confusion..just throwing out scenarios and trying to understand the consequences.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
N8, I am curious how the property taxes of your former place come into play when you walk on a loan like that?

Can you provide any insight on this? Were you paying PT to the county directly, or did the bank set up an escrow account where they collected funds monthly to ensure that you have enough dough come tax season?

I am refinancing right no on a 80-105% LTV loan, and one of the stipulations is that you pay the bank PT monthly. During tax season, the bank pays the county directly.

--------------------
Stangless

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
N8, I am curious how the property taxes of your former place come into play when you walk on a loan like that?

Can you provide any insight on this? Were you paying PT to the county directly, or did the bank set up an escrow account where they collected funds monthly to ensure that you have enough dough come tax season?

I am refinancing right no on a 80-105% LTV loan, and one of the stipulations is that you pay the bank PT monthly. During tax season, the bank pays the county directly.

We paid ours on our own. Not through an additional amount on top of mortgage. We paid we pay them off. Just to add, this was our first home and is unfortunately a sub-prime style loan. We are holding on to our rental property and our land.

To me it was a no-brainer to make this move. For some it may be better to work with your lender. but this was our first home and we may have been victim of predatory lending. So for us it was wise. plus we have built up in so many other areas, it was safe to do so.

[ January 12, 2010, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Just to add, this was our first home and is unfortunately a sub-prime style loan. We are holding on to our rental property and our land.

Thanks for the insight. Also, what do you mean by the statment above? And Predatory loan?

--------------------
Stangless

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Just to add, this was our first home and is unfortunately a sub-prime style loan. We are holding on to our rental property and our land.

Thanks for the insight. Also, what do you mean by the statment above? And Predatory loan?
Predatory lending is/was the whole subprime loan situation. Even tho we could afford our stuff, we got into the loan with the hopes of a refi and all that jazz. So our current loan was an undesirable one.
sac 5.0
¯
Member # 2980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sac 5.0  Ford pictures for sac 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

yea i understand you said you bought a short sale.but you also said now you can walk away from your house that you are living in now? correct?
sac 5.0
¯
Member # 2980

quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
quote:

so what are you going to do about the 133k cancellation of debt for 2009 filing?
if they dont pass the bill before then i have to pay.with all the income me and the wife made plus that tax on 133.000 we will apx owe between 15 and 20 grand
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats bro, I know how hard it is to get a short sale home, my wife and I have been trying to buy a second home (CHEAP) for a wile and man it always goes bad! Good to hear this shit actually works!

BUT MAN 6br. for around 150K? WOW!

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by NavidR:
BUT MAN 6br. for around 150K? WOW!

Yea we get the keys this weekend.
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
quote:
quote:

if they dont pass the bill before then i have to pay.with all the income me and the wife made plus that tax on 133.000 we will apx owe between 15 and 20 grand
hopefully it passes cuz 15-20k out of pocket when you're already in the hole would suck. i dont think many ppl who have done short sales realize the tax implications especially w/ state taxes. come audit time, they'll have some surprises.lol

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

sac 5.0
¯
Member # 2980

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

hopefully it passes cuz 15-20k out of pocket when you're already in the hole would suck. i dont think many ppl who have done short sales realize the tax implications especially w/ state taxes. come audit time, they'll have some surprises.lol
yea many people dont know or dont care.i had put down over a 100,000 as a down payment on my other house bought it for 456,000,put 30,000 into the back yard and sold it for 235,000.they got a steal.i was planning on living there till i was dead.just goes to show you i was current on my payments and the bank worked with us.i rather pay the taxes on 133,000 then pay the whole 133,000.

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com