Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » FINALLY, got us a short sale :) (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: FINALLY, got us a short sale :)
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
After months of trial and fail got a 6br 3.5 bath, 3 car garage just under 3k sq ft. for just under 150k? Just got the word that everything is good and went through. We move in next month.

I am hella happy. Now we can walk on our other property =D

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats N8, what city?

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
Congrats N8, what city?

Still in Stockton.
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
congrats, your credit is shit,but sometimes its worth it to not lose soooo much, how far is stockton from concord area?
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by 5.0-srt-4:
congrats, your credit is shit,but sometimes its worth it to not lose soooo much, how far is stockton from concord area?

Technically but my wifes credit...lol. But it was planned, she already has her revolving credit lines so this will be her only blemish. But that is the only con to this. We got double the house, half the price. We put a large down payment down and can have the house paid off in 10 years if we desire.

Stockton is about 40 miles I guess from Concord. I wouldnt recommend that commute.

RODRIGUEZ
¯
Member # 9104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RODRIGUEZ  Ford pictures for RODRIGUEZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How big of a down payment did you put down if you don't mind me asking N8
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by RODRIGUEZ:
How big of a down payment did you put down if you don't mind me asking N8

50 large, I figured out that these banks that do this want a good chunk of cash up front.

[ January 11, 2010, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

mpt365
¯
Member # 9710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mpt365  Ford pictures for mpt365    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good for you. those can be a real pain in the @ss.
Posts: 21 | From: Fairfield, CA | Registered: Jan 2010  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by mpt365:
good for you. those can be a real pain in the @ss.

hell who you tellin, we been trying for about a year. Get real close and then get turned down. It was actually a ridiculously painful process. If this was a second property I would not have tried this. I do not recommend this process for a primary residence.
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol so you are going into the new house and walking away from the dept in the house you have now? And you are fine with this?

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
lol so you are going into the new house and walking away from the dept in the house you have now? And you are fine with this?

Yup!
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good enough for me lol. Congrats on getting what you were after. Dont worry Obama will cover the old morgauge with the bail out money your bank received. Which we all will pay for (including your self) at least you have the nads to pull something like this off. I couldn't do it.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
good enough for me lol. Congrats on getting what you were after. Dont worry Obama will cover the old morgauge with the bail out money your bank received. Which we all will pay for (including your self) at least you have the nads to pull something like this off. I couldn't do it.

Shit I wish I did it earlier. It was a win across the board for us. More house, less money, better investment, lower payment, own in less time. I am sure the bank will get something out of it. My only regret is we just put a new roof on and new windows in. But this move will improve quality of life immediately.
Fast(er) Eddie
¯
Member # 4737

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fast(er) Eddie  Ford pictures for Fast(er) Eddie    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Shit I wish I did it earlier. It was a win across the board for us. More house, less money, better investment, lower payment, own in less time. I am sure the bank will get something out of it. My only regret is we just put a new roof on and new windows in. But this move will improve quality of life immediately.
I did the exact same thing for nearly the same house a year ago. Congrats N8

--------------------
2004 DSG Vert

Posts: 584 | From: Dirty Five Thirty | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Yup!
Watch, there will be reprocussions. I was going to do the same thing, you'll see [Wink]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Yup!
Watch, there will be reprocussions. I was going to do the same thing, you'll see [Wink]
negative...Already checked into it [Big Grin] , new home is in my name not wife's. PLus I know about 6 people whom did the same thing and even re-purchased in their name. Some almost 3 years ago. And besides the credit hit. Nothing. 1 dude is about to buy again, his 4 years is almost up. I wish I did it earlier.

[ January 11, 2010, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0_707  Ford pictures for 5.0_707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats! [patriot]
I've been kinda lookin around my neck if the woods (Santa Rosa) for a while but still haven't found "the one"
I know it takes time but dammit I can't wait any longer! I hate paying rent!

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats, i've been looking for a house for the last month. I was first thinking of buying property and then building my own house but i think i'll just buy a house. I just want a small house with a big garage and some property. [Smile]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:
Congrats, i've been looking for a house for the last month. I was first thinking of buying property and then building my own house but i think i'll just buy a house. I just want a small house with a big garage and some property. [Smile]

Yea I want to do a custom thing as well. I have some land in Texas. But that is the wife and I's retirement plan.

Thanks for the grats gents.

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Yea I want to do a custom thing as well. I have some land in Texas. But that is the wife and I's retirement plan.

Where at in Texas? Our family(my parents/aunts/uncles) has a lot of land in Texas, been in the family since the 1800s. Its up near Oklahoma.
I found a place up here, 5 car garage, 3 car carport, another 2 car carport on 3 acres but the house is a manufactured one [Frown] Don't like that plus they are asking way way too much for a manufactured house.

[ January 11, 2010, 11:37 PM: Message edited by: WildFire532FB ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Where at in Texas? Our family(my parents/aunts/uncles) has a lot of land in Texas, been in the family since the 1800s. Its up near Oklahoma.
I found a place up here, 5 car garage, 3 car carport, another 2 car carport on 3 acres but the house is a manufactured one [Frown] Don't like that plus they are asking way way too much for a manufactured house.

I got a nice lil parcel of land in Midland Texas. The keep ripping me a new on taxes because I dont have a structure on it. One of the things I learned from my folks is the importance of education and land.

[ January 12, 2010, 12:02 AM: Message edited by: N8 ]

Daniel50
¯
Member # 5629

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel50  Ford pictures for Daniel50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i read an article saying stockton has one of the worst housing markets in untied states and also some of the highest crime. is this true?

--------------------
89 2.3- Sold
91 5.0- 12.7@110 sold
94 5.0- 13.0@105 sold
97 Cobra: Sold
95 5.0- sold
95 5.0-bone stock

Posts: 1017 | From: Discovery Bay, CA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel50:
i read an article saying stockton has one of the worst housing markets in untied states and also some of the highest crime. is this true?

Not sure about the crime...But yea the housing market is prime for the picking out here. And it is gettin worse.

[ January 12, 2010, 12:33 AM: Message edited by: N8 ]

Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rigo5.0  Ford pictures for Rigo5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel50:

This is. Stockton has had the highest foreclosure rate in the U.S. & crime rate is pretty high. There are a few good areas out there though. My Boss has a really nice home in Stockton.

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

Posts: 1454 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
congrats...at that price i would like to take two of them at least..lol

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com