Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » What would you offer for this Fox? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: What would you offer for this Fox?
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
$3200 tops

why:

Economy is SHOT to shit
Its an Auto
bottom looks yellowed
there is no vin
no mention of clean title
no details
its a GT lol
no motor pics

doesn't seem like they want to sell it bad enough for $4900

the fact that I sold my mustang in this shit econmy for $4700 and it was 3 times better than this

should I go on?

Jdub is my hero
yet he want 6.5k for 94 f150
It's a 95 and it's sold
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
5.0s are starting to creep back up on prices. If that car is clean titled then it is worth $4,000.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All I asked for was opinions on what you would offer and I stated that I thought that $3500 was reasonable for this car, nothing to funny about that, I even stated that I hate to make lowball offers, but it is what it is, I'll look at the car and make an offer of whatever I feel the car warrants. It's not a 5 speed, the interior is not black, now I'm just justifying to myself why I feel it isn't worth $4900, if he were asking 10k, I'd be offering $6500 or so less, it's not that I'm a cheap bastard trying to offer 2k for a car that's worth 4k, people seem to get shit a little twisted, I'm willing to pay what I and a few level headed others seem to think it's worth, all that happened here was my opinion on this cars value is shared by others.

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
I make friends on the internet that are@Age18
I was picked on in my youth so I became a bully@Age24
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
My internet friends and I ALL just got the boot for good!@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 68dustin:
quote:
if it was mine i would take no less then 4500 for it an if you came with a cafords lowball offer i would tell you to kick rocks an not sell it to you

+1
It depands on how bad you need to sell your car?? economy is bad and some people are hurt for money!

I say LOW BALL THE SHIT OUT OF IT!!! $3k and see what happens! Here is a good example my 01 SS the guy was asking $x, I showed up with $x-3K and the guy sold it to me! [Big Grin]

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
89FoxLX
¯
Member # 7197

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89FoxLX  Ford pictures for 89FoxLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Makes me wonder what I could get for mine...
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NavidR:
quote:
Originally posted by 68dustin:
quote:
if it was mine i would take no less then 4500 for it an if you came with a cafords lowball offer i would tell you to kick rocks an not sell it to you

+1
It depands on how bad you need to sell your car?? economy is bad and some people are hurt for money!

I say LOW BALL THE SHIT OUT OF IT!!! $3k and see what happens! Here is a good example my 01 SS the guy was asking $x, I showed up with $x-3K and the guy sold it to me! [Big Grin]

If you REALLY want the car you should offer the guy what you think the car is worth to you. It's value will depend on the actual condition (if it looks as good as the pics) and if the title is clean or salvage.

The problem wiht low ballin' (if you actually intend on purchasing the car) is that the seller may not take you seriously and will just ignore you.

I do this all the time.. someone shoots me a rediculously stupid offer and I basically don't even respond or negotiate b/c I know they aren't really interested in buying what I am selling.

My 2 cents [patriot]

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
$3200 tops

why:

Economy is SHOT to shit
Its an Auto
bottom looks yellowed
there is no vin
no details
its a GT lol
no motor pics

the fact that I sold my mustang in this shit econmy for $4700 and it was 3 times better than this

should I go on?

Jdub is my hero
It's a 95 and it's sold
see you got what you wanted for f150 an would not have paid 2500 for it
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
id offer 3500 cash money for it. [Wink]

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
$3200 tops

why:

Economy is SHOT to shit
Its an Auto
bottom looks yellowed
there is no vin
no details
its a GT lol
no motor pics

should I go on?

Jdub is my hero
It's a 95 and it's sold
see you got what you wanted for f150 an would not have paid 2500 for it
But I am sure he was not without those offers. He just held out for his price. Nothing wrong with that.
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
this post is to funny people act like the guy has to sell it to you for what you want to spend

+1, just offer what you are willing to pay. If he says no....step. Me personally I wouldnt pay that much for that car and would bounce if he didnt meet my price.
Agreed-

If i think the car is worth $3000 i'l offer $3000 and if the buyer doesn't want it.. Goodbye and goodluck. Theres always 5.0s for sale all over.

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Personlly what I try and do is find what I want in my current price range. Then pay what they are asking or very close to it if I feel it is worth it.

Lowest offer I got on the lightning was $4k. And some trades. But being I'm in no hurry the right offer came about that both parties I think feel is fair. I didn't get $6.5 I got $7K,.....just kidding.

Seriously you really never know what shit will go for. I will say, dealing with compitent people is worth lowering the price a few hundred bucks or paying asking price.

gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtowned  Ford pictures for gtowned    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its funny how people would lowball the shit out of it saying its not worth that much but if they were the seller now all of the sudden it is.

and to lowball someone super hard i feel is disrespectfull. hey n8 you wanna sell me your cobra for 1k.

--------------------
Taking terminators off the road one at a time...

Posts: 1106 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
Notch_notch
¯
Member # 8902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch_notch  Ford pictures for Notch_notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
$3500 or $3950 firm... buy now or leave it!!!!

--------------------
How many fake accounts does one need? Make a fake account, get the ban. It's in the rules.

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jimmy, $3500 on a $4900 asking price is wasting the sellers time imho.

I am not saying there is anything wrong with offering whatever you think is fair, but if you are gonna low-ball, I would do it over the phone first so you are not wasting that person's time or your own.

If it were my car, I would not be happy if I took an hour out of my day to show the car and let the potential buyer test drive it only to get hit with a low-ball.

Just mho. If the asking price is out of your range, just keep looking. Don't be a dreamer.

And N8, if I am selling a car and I don't need the money, you low ball me that hard, I may just grab the keys and walk and not give you another chance. That's how much I hate low ballers, lol. [Razz]

[ December 18, 2009, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
exchp6400
¯
Member # 4803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for exchp6400  Ford pictures for exchp6400    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
Jimmy, $3500 on a $4900 asking price is wasting the sellers time imho.

I am not saying there is anything wrong with offering whatever you think is fair, but if you are gonna low-ball, I would do it over the phone first so you are not wasting that person's time or your own.

If it were my car, I would not be happy if I took an hour out of my day to show the car and let the potential buyer test drive it only to get hit with a low-ball.

Just mho. If the asking price is out of your range, just keep looking. Don't be a dreamer.

And N8, if I am selling a car and I don't need the money, you low ball me that hard, I may just grab the keys and walk and not give you another chance. That's how much I hate low ballers, lol. [Razz]

I think that the people who REALLY need cash already give out good deals from the start of the posting to get rid of it.
So unless I see a firm price, I know negotiation will have minimal slack. However, if I see those three letters 'obo', it's on!

[ December 18, 2009, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: Topete ]

--------------------
87 Buick Turbo T | 90 GT | 93 Typhoon

t top freak
¯
Member # 6269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t top freak  Ford pictures for t top freak  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
4 MAX

its a car with 140k...

--------------------
1994 cobra - sold!
1986 t top gt - parted out and sold!
on the hunt for another

Posts: 1023 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well if you don't wanna be lowballed I say don't use obo. that leaves the door open for haggling. its not disrespect its a fact of life in this economy. especially mixed with dumb asses that think they have gold in a 50.
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow ,are you guys all serious? I would offer 1500 for it ,it's a fox gt the car is no way worth anything more than 2K no mods no suspension stock ponys wow you Guys are off your fucking rocker if you think it's worth more and the seller can ask all he wants it's only worth what the buyer will pay for it [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
trottin4.6
¯
Member # 8597

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for trottin4.6  Ford pictures for trottin4.6    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Trunkster:
I hate to lowball but I think 3500 is a fair price for this GT.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/1512288502.html

If that is only worth $3500, what was yours worth last year?

http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=845419&highlight=hellion

Yeah lowball him [Roll Eyes]

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by trottin4.6:
quote:
Originally posted by Trunkster:
I hate to lowball but I think 3500 is a fair price for this GT.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/1512288502.html

If that is only worth $3500, what was yours worth last year?

http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=845419&highlight=hellion

Yeah lowball him [Roll Eyes]

Really

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
I make friends on the internet that are@Age18
I was picked on in my youth so I became a bully@Age24
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
My internet friends and I ALL just got the boot for good!@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If I put a price of $4900 obo, then I would want $4500 for it. If Foxbodys are going up in price then I will start buying them all up again. Also if someone offered me $1400 less than I wanted for any of my Mustangs, then I would respond with, if it doesn't sell in 6 months then I will take your offer.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
1 Old 96
¯
Member # 9454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1 Old 96  Ford pictures for 1 Old 96    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If it was me and because my kids call me an old bastard at 47 I WOULD SAY 3000. CASH take or leave it done.
Posts: 25 | From: martinez ca. | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
SHOalex
¯
Member # 7720

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOalex  Ford pictures for SHOalex    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man people act like your trying to rob a mofo at gun point if you lowball I mean hey who doesnt want to get a car for as cheap as possible like N8 said it's a buyers barket and if he doesnt want to sell it to you then take off that simple

--------------------
BAM! POW! Right in the kisser.

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SHOalex:
Man people act like your trying to rob a mofo at gun point if you lowball I mean hey who doesnt want to get a car for as cheap as possible like N8 said it's a buyers barket and if he doesnt want to sell it to you then take off that simple

I don't see what is so wrong with feeling someone out over the phone.

"Hi there, I saw the ad, if the car looks as nice in real life as it does in the pics, I am prepared to offer you $XXXX. How does that sound to you?"

Simple...

If the owner says no, you move on.
If the owner agrees to your price you go see the car. If it then meets your expectations, you buy it for that amount. If it doesn't you walk away.

Very simple low-baller etiquette lol (and yes I have known to be a low baller at times but I try to be as respectful about it as possible, lol)

I'm just caught up on wasting people's time if you know in advance that you are gonna toss out a low-ball offer.

There is also one other aspect to Luke's Low Baller Handbook. How long has the car been for sale? If it is a month or two, I think its completely gravy to shake things up a bit. But if the car was just posted, well, the probability of your low-ball having a positive outcome is slim.

Just mho [patriot]

[ December 19, 2009, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
maeco
¯
Member # 2578

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for maeco  Ford pictures for maeco    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would offer $4k if its real clean.

--------------------
Looking for clean white mustang email me

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com