Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Damn, I miss my truck! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Damn, I miss my truck!
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blown95svt:
quote:
Originally posted by DLo:
Is that another one of Ford's brilliant ideas, next to the TTB? [Big Grin] Btw, badass explorer! Rarely ever see those trucks done up. I'd actually like to do a HP44/9" on my Jeep. Where did you find your drivetrain?

thanks! its the fullwidth stuff from the full size bonco 78/79. also can get the full width stuff from the 70's trucks. but you got a jeep! they make bolt in 44/60s and its a bit pricey but less fab work!
Lot of guys do an 8.8 in the rear from explorers, but I'd like to run at least 35's. I figure a 44/9" would work for that, probably hold up to 37's too. We'll have to see. I don't know my head from my ass when it comes to wrenching and fabbing, but that's what 30 packs and friends are for [Big Grin]

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
444_C.I.D.
¯
Member # 2956

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 444_C.I.D.  Ford pictures for 444_C.I.D.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice bronco man! I miss my truck a ton as well, but selling it enabled me to put a down payment on a house, so all is good.

-

-

-

- [patriot]

section525
Sponsored by Corona®
Member # 2819

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for section525  Ford pictures for section525  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I miss mine too. It hasn't left the garage for a couple months.

-
 -

87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[QUOTE]Originally posted by blown95svt:
[QB] here are some old pics with stock gears/lockers/35's and old suspension
 -
Did you make that turn? Looks like you almost tipped, nice.... [burnout]

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
blown95svt
¯
Member # 8893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blown95svt  Ford pictures for blown95svt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 95GTConvtACE:
 -

i can now that i have 37's and gears/lockers. but in that pic no! i was trying to get the hell out of dodge!!!!! the hole was deep, water came in through my pass window!!!!

--------------------
95 cobra blown 331 gr40 suspension
***NEED QUALITY WORK FOR HALF THE PRICE? I DO SIDE JOBS! PM FOR DETAILS***
www.norcalmotorcompany.com

Posts: 1434 | From: roseville | Registered: Jan 2009  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by FoX GT:
How about Drew's truck?

Is it true that you have to lift the cab off the PSD's in order to do major work to the engines? That's crazy [Eek!]

This is true. I'm installing head studs and new HG's right now as well as a few more go fast goodies.

The record for fuel only and stock turbo's for thr 6.4L PSD is 610 rwhp. I'm shooting to beat that number shortly. [burnout]

hope your replace sll the cab bolts an streeing shaft bolts there one time use only
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
How about Drew's truck?

Is it true that you have to lift the cab off the PSD's in order to do major work to the engines? That's crazy [Eek!]
6.4 you have to remove the cabs on the 6.0 you don't have to its just easy to work on the 6.0 with out the cab on.when the 6.0 first came out ford would not let you take the cabs off under warranty,
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 444_C.I.D.:
Nice bronco man! I miss my truck a ton as well, but selling it enabled me to put a down payment on a house, so all is good.

-

-

-

- [patriot]

If thats your house behind it, it looks like a fair trade. Your trucks sick bro, what are those 44's?

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
blown95svt
¯
Member # 8893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blown95svt  Ford pictures for blown95svt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
quote:
quote:
How about Drew's truck?

6.4 you have to remove the cabs on the 6.0 you don't have to its just easy to work on the 6.0 with out the cab on.when the 6.0 first came out ford would not let you take the cabs off under warranty,
its easier to pull the cabs off to remove the heads. its a must if you have studs

[ November 24, 2009, 03:06 PM: Message edited by: blown95svt ]

--------------------

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
quote:
quote:
How about Drew's truck?

you have to pull the cabs off to remove the heads.
not on the 6.0 you dont its just easy i have done it both ways
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Since this turned out to be a 4x4.............  -

-

[Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
444_C.I.D.
¯
Member # 2956

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 444_C.I.D.  Ford pictures for 444_C.I.D.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MikeD.:
quote:
Originally posted by 444_C.I.D.:

-

[patriot]

If thats your house behind it, it looks like a fair trade. Your trucks sick bro, what are those 44's?
That was a house i was renting at the time. but the house i bought is nicer [Big Grin]

The tires are 42" Iroks on 17X12 wheels

87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
 -

i can now that i have 37's and gears/lockers. but in that pic no! i was trying to get the hell out of dodge!!!!! the hole was deep, water came in through my pass window!!!!
WOW, really. Did you need the wench?

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
blown95svt
¯
Member # 8893

quote:
quote:
quote:
 -

WOW, really. Did you need the wench?
no winch, had to have a friend use a pull strap to help me back out of it, that pic was me tryin to back out of the hole. It was too deep for me to back out

--------------------

93venom
¯
Member # 778

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93venom  Ford pictures for 93venom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my ranger geared on 35's- sits in the garage next to the 93.
 -
 -

--------------------
93 cobra #3445
1988 ranger-302 in progress
2003 ranger fx4 level 2

ratfast
¯
Member # 8720

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ratfast  Ford pictures for ratfast    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here's mine.

-

502 Crate motor, TH400 w/ straight cut planetaries,NP205 gear driven transfer case, detroit locker corporate 14 bolt rear, dana 60 front.
15.1 @ 89 mph quarter mile w/ 38" swampers

--------------------
'93 White notch all stock

Posts: 604 | From: roseville, california | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
ratfast
¯
Member # 8720

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ratfast  Ford pictures for ratfast    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn photos.  -

--------------------

ratfast
¯
Member # 8720

-

--------------------

MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sweet rig! I have a buddy with the same truck, 4 speed and 4.88's and it blows up 40" swampers.

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com