Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Ls1 fox (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Ls1 fox
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90FOX5.0:
alright thanks guys with your ideas. ima look into it and let you guys know when ima start my project, and i thought i was going to have alot of haterz on here.

If you want a chevy motor just buy a chevy....... It would be cheaper and faster if you just did a 9.5 deck Windsor.
Your going to spend some serious cash for all the crap your gonna need to do this swap.
Just my .02

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Zeke:
quote:
has any one thought of puthing an Ls1 chevy camaro moter in a fox i been think about it and i want to do it some time in the future like 3 to 4 years down the road i no hell of you ppl going to hate on this post but fuck it !!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIa5iELlEY4
 -

I think it's a cool idea but then again I'd be considered partial to the idea since I own a GM car. LS1 motor are cheap but I'd strongly recommend taking a look at LQ4 or LQ9 motors out of 02 and up GM trucks. From the factory they come with roughly 9.6:1 cr in addition to 72cc heads that are boost friendly. I can't remember the member's name but there's someone on here that's doing a high compression 408 build with nitrous if I'm not mistaking.
yeah that 408 is going into my 01 gmc single short bed with a set of afr's and a nasty cam [burnout] [Whoo Whooooo!]

[ November 16, 2009, 10:40 PM: Message edited by: 4.6 EATIN GM'S ]

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by slowback67:
quote:
alright thanks guys with your ideas. ima look into it and let you guys know when ima start my project, and i thought i was going to have alot of haterz on here.

If you want a chevy motor just buy a chevy....... It would be cheaper and faster if you just did a 9.5 deck Windsor.
Your going to spend some serious cash for all the crap your gonna need to do this swap.
Just my .02

[patriot]
Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd swap a LS motor into my car before I did a modular motor swap. Mod motors are phucking huge, especially the 4V engines. The mod motors just don't make enough power in anywhere close to stock form to justify their size. The beauty of the LS motors is that they are compact and light.
90fox5.0
¯
Member # 9338

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90fox5.0  Ford pictures for 90fox5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
not to bad http://www.crateenginedepot.com/store/LS1-Without-ECM-and-Wire-Harness-17801267-P855C53.aspx
http://www.crateenginedepot.com/store/LS6-Crate-Engine-17801268-P10C53.aspx

--------------------
1989 LX DROP
1997 Svt Cobra (SOLD)
2000 SS Camaro (SOLD)

Posts: 1827 | From: South sacramento | Registered: Jul 2009  |  :
00BlackBird
¯
Member # 9496

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 00BlackBird  Ford pictures for 00BlackBird    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
there is one in the bay area with a ls2 and some performance parts should run pretty hard its in a coupe to...white one even
89bluenotch
¯
Member # 7454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89bluenotch  Ford pictures for 89bluenotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 4.6 EATIN GM'S:
quote:
Originally posted by Zeke:
quote:
has any one thought of puthing an Ls1 chevy camaro moter in a fox i been think about it and i want to do it some time in the future like 3 to 4 years down the road i no hell of you ppl going to hate on this post but fuck it !!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIa5iELlEY4
 -

I think it's a cool idea but then again I'd be considered partial to the idea since I own a GM car. LS1 motor are cheap but I'd strongly recommend taking a look at LQ4 or LQ9 motors out of 02 and up GM trucks. From the factory they come with roughly 9.6:1 cr in addition to 72cc heads that are boost friendly. I can't remember the member's name but there's someone on here that's doing a high compression 408 build with nitrous if I'm not mistaking.
yeah that 408 is going into my 01 gmc single short bed with a set of afr's and a nasty cam [burnout] [Whoo Whooooo!]
should be sick, fast trucks are fun!

--------------------
-Gunnar
89 coupe
54 f100
R.I.P. SILVERLX

Posts: 1857 | From: HEALDSBURG | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 00BlackBird:
there is one in the bay area with a ls2 and some performance parts should run pretty hard its in a coupe to...white one even

that car is gone..ls2 went into a chevelle.stang got sold

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i would never have respect for a cross dressin ass mustang i would have more respect for a early 90's or late 80's maro with a ls1 like jhon b said if YOU cant make a ford fast with a ford motor do what you have to hope you cought the word you because thousands of people can. [Mad] [Mad]

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Big block 66 f100:
i would never have respect for a cross dressin ass mustang i would have more respect for a early 90's or late 80's maro with a ls1 like jhon b said if YOU cant make a ford fast with a ford motor do what you have to hope you cought the word you because thousands of people can. [Mad] [Mad]

there a car in 5.0 mag selling ford engine an transmission an is all chevy engine an trans
94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
quote:

there a car in 5.0 mag selling ford engine an transmission an is all chevy engine an trans
what did you mean to say

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

90fox5.0
¯
Member # 9338

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90fox5.0  Ford pictures for 90fox5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well i bee priceing everything out and its not going to be cheap but im not triping you only live once right (im put a big chevy sing on the frount where the ford sing goes just for you haters lol)

--------------------
1989 LX DROP
1997 Svt Cobra (SOLD)
2000 SS Camaro (SOLD)

90fox5.0
¯
Member # 9338

dont get me wrong guys i like fords but i just want to combined the two together i see that a lot of ppl are doing it

--------------------
1989 LX DROP
1997 Svt Cobra (SOLD)
2000 SS Camaro (SOLD)

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had one to put in my 90 lx with a large single turbo and sold the entire project because I feel like within the next 10 years illegal smogs will be impossible or outrageously priced.....then that leaves you building a dedicated drag car and at that point I would give up.

My next car will be a 67,68 or 69 barracuda fastback or I will buy a 2002 V-6 firebird and make a WS6 clone with a 4 inch cowl hood and register at my uncles house out of this state.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
LX347hatch
¯
Member # 8668

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LX347hatch  Ford pictures for LX347hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

×100000.
Posts: 1416 | From: El Sobrante | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
90fox5.0
¯
Member # 9338

im happy i have haters that makes me what to do it even more  -

--------------------
1989 LX DROP
1997 Svt Cobra (SOLD)
2000 SS Camaro (SOLD)

LX347hatch
¯
Member # 8668

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LX347hatch  Ford pictures for LX347hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dnt. Really think you can call it "hating" cause is not somethng that the ones that disagree wit the idea want..so you won't have anything that would be necesary to hate on..
Posts: 1416 | From: El Sobrante | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

what did you mean to say
hahahahahhaahahhha lmfao I've been asking him that for sometime now. [worship] Sometimes I wonder if people talk like this in person, now that would be some funny ass shit

+1 on crossdressing, if that's your thing go for it, don't forget the lipstick [Wink] Sounds like your just doing this for attention, there's other ways to get attention than ruining a perfectly good car [Razz]

[ November 17, 2009, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: 90FoX ]

Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
rmadison007
¯
Member # 8670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rmadison007  Ford pictures for rmadison007    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91silverbullet:
Dnt. Really think you can call it "hating" cause is not somethng that the ones that disagree wit the idea want..so you won't have anything that would be necesary to hate on..

It is still hating...knocking someone else's idea is the essence of hating...The is no clear definition of hating on the internet, but everyone tends to believe to start with jealousy...not really...This is considered hating because he had an individual idea that was met with negative comments, criticism, and opinions without reason...That is hating...but this is CAfords...you should expects nothing less...reckless hating!

I appreciate that you are doing something different and hope you do it...The white coupe by EastOaklandSS, i believe that is his screen name, had the ls2 from a truck, and he put it together from around $10k, don't quote me on that, and in 7 days, and it was super clean...

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fuck it.

DO IT!!!

This car is not even a 6.0l but the weaker 5.3 and it ends up going 9.40s which would put it number 7 or 8 or 9 fastest car on this site and look what he has into it!! DICK DOLLARS!! Like nothing....

Find a 4.6L that will go 9.4s with a single turbo for the cost of an LKQ motor from a suburban....NOT gonna happen....

stroked windsor with a power adder what????

Nothing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk9uU_3VHT0

[ November 17, 2009, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: turbo50 ]

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
90fox5.0
¯
Member # 9338

i think its a good idea and im not going to let all these ppl fuk it up for me i put this post up to see who has done it and it ante a car un less you build it your self right so all you haters just keep haten and this is cafords most of you ppl hate on here

--------------------
1989 LX DROP
1997 Svt Cobra (SOLD)
2000 SS Camaro (SOLD)

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by rmadison007:
quote:
Originally posted by 91silverbullet:

It is still hating...knocking someone else's idea is the essence of hating...The is no clear definition of hating on the internet, but everyone tends to believe to start with jealousy...not really...This is considered hating because he had an individual idea that was met with negative comments, criticism, and opinions without reason...That is hating...but this is CAfords...you should expects nothing less...reckless hating!

I appreciate that you are doing something different and hope you do it...The white coupe by EastOaklandSS, i believe that is his screen name, had the ls2 from a truck, and he put it together from around $10k, don't quote me on that, and in 7 days, and it was super clean...

Ok...he started the post KNOWING it's a Ford site. He started the post with the statement, "i no hell of you ppl going to hate on this post but fuck it !!!!!". What do you, or anyone else expect? Bow down and love the idea? Seriously. Props to being different...but like I said, if you can't build a fast Ford...go for it. If anyone was "hating" (which, by the way...is the second-most fukking over-used term on this board, right next to CLEAN), folks would be telling him he's a downright idiot for such a thought.
Ingenuity is the mother of Design. Wanna be different, make it happen. [Wink]

quote:
Find a 4.6L that will go 9.4s with a single turbo for the cost of an LKQ motor from a suburban....NOT gonna happen....

stroked windsor with a power adder what????

Nothing...

I dunno Dan. I would hope a LSX headed motor that has a 71cc bowl (excellent for boosted setups) and flows 220+intake/180+ex stock and a TON of boost with a 'glide would be a runner. Stock for Stock, the heads definitely outflow a similar Windsor-based application. Nevermind stock 1.7 rockers, decent lift camshaft, etc...

I could see a Terminator longblock with a 01 Cobra intake and a single turbo being fairly reasonable to build...and will last alot longer than a cast piston/powered metal rod LSX/Vortec with a ton of boost set on KILL.
[Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
(which, by the way...is the second-most fukking over-used term on this board, right next to CLEAN) [/QB]

[worship] that's the best thing I've heard on here in a long time!
I couldn't stop laughing at that one [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

quote:

dont be a dumb ass and come on this website or any other for that matter and ask peoples 02 and call them haters when they dont agree with what your doing

--------------------

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

what did you mean to say
dave hance is selling ati parts for fords in a five.o mag look it up the find what his running gear is

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com