Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Need suggestions of twisties/backroads between bay area and sac?!?!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Need suggestions of twisties/backroads between bay area and sac?!?!
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can anyone suggest some nice backroads/twisties/scenic routes somewhere between the bay area and sacramento? I'm trying to find a good route for the "Black and White Ball" (cruise) but am only familiar with roads around the Oakland hills and halfmoon bay areas. Please let me know your suggestions.

Thanks in advance for your help [patriot]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

phil a
¯
Member # 6951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phil a  Ford pictures for phil a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not sure if you guys have done this already, but I used to live up in the northern Napa valley, and it was always great to drive/ride out on the roads by Lake Berryessa. Silverado Trail to 128, or up Deer Park, over Angwin, through Pope Valley and Aetna Springs, out to the lake across the West Bridge. Especially at this time of year near the grape crush - the weather is great and, on weekends, there's an abundance of rich old guys in exotics...
Posts: 1261 | From: toledo oh | Registered: Jul 2006  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Freeport from Sacramento and all the way down - I know it takes you past Fairfield, not sure if it continues going but its a good spot [Smile]

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
phil a
¯
Member # 6951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phil a  Ford pictures for phil a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AL STOCK:
Freeport from Sacramento and all the way down - I know it takes you past Fairfield, not sure if it continues going but its a good spot [Smile]

I used to drive that way to work every day - the river road is great through the little towns down to Rio Vista, but if you end up taking the 12 to Fairfield there are tons of cops and the road is actually pretty narrow now with all of the new dividers they've put up recently.
Posts: 1261 | From: toledo oh | Registered: Jul 2006  |  :
P1mp1n
¯
Member # 1961

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for P1mp1n  Ford pictures for P1mp1n    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
La Honda is a pretty cool spot on off of woodside/280- I always see a ton of bike on that road and its about im guessing a 25-30 mile stretch. Be a good idea for the next cruise up to highway 1 coastside!

[ September 03, 2009, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: p1mp1n ]

Posts: 887 | From: Burlingame | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by p1mp1n:
La Honda is a pretty cool spot on off of woodside/280- I always see a ton of bike on that road and its about im guessing a 25-30 mile stretch. Be a good idea for the next cruise up to highway 1 coastside!

Yea, highway 9-35-84-1 was my planned route, but its too far for the sac guys [Frown]

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Here's some suggestion from motorcyclists from BARF (bayareariderforum.com)...

1. "Go to Cordelia by the junction of 80 and 680, get on Wooden Valley Road, to Hwy 121, to Hwy 128, which will take you to Davis. You'll run out of twisties before you get to Winters. "

2. "128 by Lake Berryessa"

3. "You could also come up through the delta on some of the back roads out there, but one would need to be generous to call them"

4. "from sac to the bay area, try south on 5 to one of the many exits that take you to 160 along the delta. twin cities is the only one coming to mind right now. wait. pocket road is the first one. and i think most of them between pocket and twin cities go there.
anyway, the delta roads are decent, and spit you out at the 160 bridge into antioch."

5. "160 through the Delta has decent pavement and mostly long sweepers"

6. "The roads just south of Rio Vista through the Windmills"

7. "121 from Napa to 128 is a good suggestion. Look at a map as find Putah Creek Road. between Winters and Davis. Its not great but there are long sweepers (and boring straights) and its a much better alternative than the arrow straight roads going into Davis."

8. "March CReek Rd."

Ok...these are a few suggestions that I just got. I dont know where any of them are or what the road conditions are, but if someone is familiar with any of these roads, please give me some feedback. Thanks [patriot]

--------------------

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Napa backroads is the best bet. I will get more info this weekend..

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:

The sooner the better bro! I'm gonna set the date for Sunday, October 4!

--------------------

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
quote:

Thats plenty of time! lol...

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Well I am out already, my son has a football game that day...lol. Can we do the 11th?

[ September 03, 2009, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:

Well I am out already, my son has a football game that day...lol. Can we do the 11th?
I can't do the 11th...got a wedding to go to. How about Oct. 3? Should this be a saturday or sunday thing?

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:

I can't do the 11th...got a wedding to go to. How about Oct. 3? Should this be a saturday or sunday thing?
The third I can do, but I think Maeco was requesting a sunday cruise
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:

The third I can do, but I think Maeco was requesting a sunday cruise
Lets bring this conversation back to the "all white cruise" thread.... I'm trying to see if majority wants saturday or sunday [patriot]

--------------------

stangless707
¯
Member # 9099

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless707  Ford pictures for stangless707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Here's some suggestion from motorcyclists from BARF (bayareariderforum.com)...

1. "Go to Cordelia by the junction of 80 and 680, get on Wooden Valley Road, to Hwy 121, to Hwy 128, which will take you to Davis. You'll run out of twisties before you get to Winters. "

2. "128 by Lake Berryessa"

3. "You could also come up through the delta on some of the back roads out there, but one would need to be generous to call them"

4. "from sac to the bay area, try south on 5 to one of the many exits that take you to 160 along the delta. twin cities is the only one coming to mind right now. wait. pocket road is the first one. and i think most of them between pocket and twin cities go there.
anyway, the delta roads are decent, and spit you out at the 160 bridge into antioch."

5. "160 through the Delta has decent pavement and mostly long sweepers"

6. "The roads just south of Rio Vista through the Windmills"

7. "121 from Napa to 128 is a good suggestion. Look at a map as find Putah Creek Road. between Winters and Davis. Its not great but there are long sweepers (and boring straights) and its a much better alternative than the arrow straight roads going into Davis."

8. "March CReek Rd."

Ok...these are a few suggestions that I just got. I dont know where any of them are or what the road conditions are, but if someone is familiar with any of these roads, please give me some feedback. Thanks [patriot]

Bro go with the twisties by berryessa

--------------------
Taylor
1982 GL (sold)
1990 LX hatch (traded)
1990 GT hatch (sold)
1988 DropTop LX (sold)
1990 Ex Chp (sold)

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
go to AED its well worth the drive!!!

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
One of my favorite roads to cruise is the delta hwy 160. It doesnt have much twisty action, but it has beautiful scenery & its kinda in between. I actually posted up a cruise last year starting in Freeport down hwy 160, & ending up on hwy 12 in Suisin City. It was a nice ride, but nobody showed except streakmatt, 93Reef Blue, & myself...

Another nice one with great twisties is Marsh Creek/ Clayton Road area in between Concord/Brentwood/Tracy. I use to drive this alot when I was a delivery driver & it was a blast. I always wanted to drive it in my stang, but never did. This could start out in Concord or Brentwood, & end up in Antioch or Tracy?? Its also very accessible from the Delta & the East bay....

What do you guys think?

[ September 03, 2009, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Highway 1,between Pointe Reyes Station and Sausilito(however you spell it).Of course not the part on the ocean cliffs,unless your really,really,ballsy. [Eek!]

[ September 03, 2009, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: 50DADDY ]

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Dustin let's do that marsh rd route! Sounds like a good run and decent mid point. You think you can get a map of the route? Do you know of any stopping points?

Last question, October 3 or 4?!??!!

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Dustin let's do that marsh rd route! Sounds like a good run and decent mid point. You think you can get a map of the route? Do you know of any stopping points?

The 3rd....and please stick to the black and white theme.... [Big Grin]
NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

how about marsh creek rd to vasco road down to livermore? just a thought...

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by NiftyWhiteFifty:
quote:

how about marsh creek rd to vasco road down to livermore? just a thought...
Do you know where marsh creek rd. starts? Trying to get an idea of where we can all meet to start the cruise.

And yes, epik and I are working out the details but were 99% sure that it'll be a marsh creek cruise on Saturday, October 3! [Wink]

--------------------

blown95svt
¯
Member # 8893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blown95svt  Ford pictures for blown95svt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what about salmon falls in the foot hills? all the bikes go up there.

--------------------
95 cobra blown 331 gr40 suspension
***NEED QUALITY WORK FOR HALF THE PRICE? I DO SIDE JOBS! PM FOR DETAILS***
www.norcalmotorcompany.com

Posts: 1434 | From: roseville | Registered: Jan 2009  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com