Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » x-pipe

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: x-pipe
Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so today i called the local muffler shop and asked then how much it would be to install an slp x-pipe i have for my 97 cobra and they said they cant do it unless the x-pipe has a C.A.R.B. number on it. wtf? has anyone had this problem before and how hard is it to install one in the driveway with jackstands and a lowered car?

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

Captain Obvious
¯
Member # 7842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Obvious  Ford pictures for Captain Obvious    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
them wanting a CARB number is common, muffler shops are fags like that. changing out the mid pipe is something you could defineitely do in your driveway. its only going to require jackstands some basic tools there is not much to it.

--------------------
It's NOT illegal. It's just frowned upon, like masturbating on an airplane.

sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Unplug some o2 sensors and 8 bolts. Easy job. If your going to use jack stands make sure you do it on a level surface. You can do this no problem. Easy job. Keep the floor jack on the K-member for safety too.

--------------------
1965 Fastback

03 Cobra with some stuff

Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so the o2 sensors just plug into the new pipe? also what kinda of gaskets do i need to complete the job? all i have is the pipe. no extra parts. what do i all need to do a full install?

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by g-ride14:
so the o2 sensors just plug into the new pipe? also what kinda of gaskets do i need to complete the job? all i have is the pipe. no extra parts. what do i all need to do a full install?

Unplug the O2 sensors, when you drop the stock pipe, you will need a 22mm wrench to take of the O2 sensors. Put these sensors back into the new pipe. Only gasket you'll need is a passenger side collector. Pick one up from FORD.

--------------------
1965 Fastback

03 Cobra with some stuff

Daniel50
¯
Member # 5629

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel50  Ford pictures for Daniel50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
there are a lot of people on here that will do the install for you cheap. between 60-100 bucks

--------------------
89 2.3- Sold
91 5.0- 12.7@110 sold
94 5.0- 13.0@105 sold
97 Cobra: Sold
95 5.0- sold
95 5.0-bone stock

Posts: 1017 | From: Discovery Bay, CA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  :
t top freak
¯
Member # 6269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t top freak  Ford pictures for t top freak  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
most shops wont do have anything to do with that swap due to smog laws and whatnot.

exhaust is one of the easiest things to do in your garage though, just do it yourself

--------------------
1994 cobra - sold!
1986 t top gt - parted out and sold!
on the hunt for another

Posts: 1023 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
Carless
¯
Member # 9119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carless  Ford pictures for Carless  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There's a shop in fremont that does it wit out the carb number. But they charge like 100-200 dollars.
Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

could you pm me the name of the shop?

--------------------

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
place i go to charges 120 bucks, here in vacaville.

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

Carless
¯
Member # 9119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carless  Ford pictures for Carless  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pm sent.

--------------------
*89 LX 5.0(sold)
*86 GT 5.0(sold)
*90 GT 5.0

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com