Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » New Truck.....Ford is KING!!! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: New Truck.....Ford is KING!!!
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CompSVT:
Sick! Not a truck person

+1 [patriot]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
PugOwner
¯
Member # 8404

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PugOwner  Ford pictures for PugOwner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice truck Drew. Compensation at it's finest. LOL!
Posts: 62 | From: Rio Linda, CA | Registered: May 2008  |  :
Scoop
¯
Member # 8726

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scoop  Ford pictures for Scoop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats sick as fuck!!!!!!!!!! [worship]
Posts: 1121 | From: Out Chillin | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
SSSSIKH
¯
Member # 8397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSSSIKH  Ford pictures for SSSSIKH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sick truck drew!!!

ive always wanted a WHITE lifted f250 or 350...if i ever get one it will look similar to that!

your old truck was badass aswell!

Congrats!!

--------------------
AED
WWW.AEDHP.COM

04cobra408
¯
Member # 4025

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04cobra408  Ford pictures for 04cobra408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Awesome truck & numbers Drew! congrats bud
[patriot]

[ August 05, 2009, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: 04cobra408 ]

--------------------
Willie Guzman
RIP lil brother
11-23-12

Juan Moya
"The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05

Posts: 1945 | From: san jose ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
[Q [/qb]

So far the 6.4's have proven to be pretty built proof. Only time will tell if they can compare to the 7.3L however. As far as warranties go, I have kept that in mind. The programming I have done to the truck is not traceable by ford and the exhaust and intake go back on in about an hour if your handy with your tools. [Wink] [/QB][/QUOTE]
the 6.4 love to blow the radiators the egr coolers i have done 6 sets of heads on them an one engine

MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
quote:
[Q

So far the 6.4's have proven to be pretty built proof. Only time will tell if they can compare to the 7.3L however. As far as warranties go, I have kept that in mind. The programming I have done to the truck is not traceable by ford and the exhaust and intake go back on in about an hour if your handy with your tools. [Wink] [/QB]
the 6.4 love to blow the radiators the egr coolers i have done 6 sets of heads on them an one engine [/QB][/QUOTE]

You would be suprised how traceable performance part can be on diesels. From what Ive heard from a ford tech, if you get a dick head that doesnt like warranty work, they can pop the heads off and look at the spray patters on the pistons. There should only be so much on there I guess, and if its anything different than whats normally there they will assume that a programmer and/or more fuel was put into the engine that is other what stock puts out. I didnt belive him untill a ask another guy and he siad yes it was tru, but rarely be the reason your denied you truck being repaired.

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Notch1320:
Clean Truck Drew! Let's hear what mods you did!!! I am still worried about moving to a 6.4. It is hard to get rid of my 7.3, but am really wanting to move to a F450 chassis. The emissions crap on these truck and voiding the warranty worries me. Are you planning on changing the gears with that large of a tire? Those are some killer numbers for sure though!!! Get that thing to the track!

So far the 6.4's have proven to be pretty built proof. Only time will tell if they can compare to the 7.3L however. As far as warranties go, I have kept that in mind. The programming I have done to the truck is not traceable by ford and the exhaust and intake go back on in about an hour if your handy with your tools. [Wink]

Are you sure you want to get a F450? The gearing in those trucks make fuel mileage horrible. 4.56 or 4.88, yikes! If dual rear wheels is all your after I would look at a F350 with 3.73 gearing. Your wallet will thank you on those long trips when traveling to races. My truck has the optional 3.73 gearing and you don't even know it has big tires on it even when it was at stock power levels. Now it will pitch sideways from a 10 MPH roll! [Big Grin] [burnout] Cruising speed with the 3.73's and 37 inch tires is perfict. With stock tires I would say the RPM's are a little to high. I could only imagine how bad 4.56's would be. [Eek!]

I am a couple years out on moving to a F450. I want to see what Ford and the 6.4 does for a couple more years. I plan to move to a 48' living quarters style trailer, and want a truck that will handle it with ease. With either a small lift, and bigger tires on the 19.5's, or a gear swap will help with milage. For now, my truck pulls my 28' trailer just fine, but there is no way it would handle a 48'.
Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CALIFORNIAGT:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CALIFORNIAGT:
fuckin weak! internatial motor! man u shoulda waited to ford got the contact with cat! the the diesle motors will have more power

btw whats up with cali? having smog on these trucks?

Weak? There are a few guys out there that have made upwards of 750 rwhp and 1450 rwtq on these motors with factory everything. Ford designed this motor and did all the R&D, (unlike the 6.0L), Navistar/International assembles them.

As far as smog goes, yes it had a cat and DPF on it stock. The rumor was that California would start smogging diesels in 2010, but thats not going to happen. Whenever it does happen it only takes about an hour to be back to totally stock form.

hahaha weak my bad bro but anyways i been talking about gettin a new truck for a min and your truck is pretty bad ass i seen a red one like yours at dublin ford looks alsome. ummm so u think california is not going to smog these trucks in 2010?
so do u plan on towing? thought about and tranny coolers? what kind of gears your going to run?
is this the one with the twin tubro setup?

The 6.4L trucks are a biturbo setup. Big turbo and a little turbo.

I will be towing with the truck a few times a week. So far with about a 5000 lbs. load I have never seen egt's get over 1200*. Also, on a recent 330 mile trip, while towing 5000 lbs. I was seeing 15 MPG with speeds ranging stop and go traffic to about a 65 mph cruising speed.

The truck comes with a large tranny cooler from the factory. Tranny temps have never been over 175* Which is about luke warm compared to most diesel trucks. Normal operating temp stays right about 160*

Sounds like you definitely deleted the dpf to get those kind of mpg. my friends completely stock 6.4 gets around 12mpg. I've heard as soon as you delete the dpf and all the other smog BS on these trucks the mileage jumps up like 5-6mpg

All the R&D on these trucks was done without a DPF. The EPA/Federal Emissions Board added that requirement on at the last minute, leaving Ford no choice but to kill factory power and fuel mileage. [Mad]

[ August 06, 2009, 12:33 PM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

89bluenotch
¯
Member # 7454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89bluenotch  Ford pictures for 89bluenotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89bluenotch:
got any sound clips...or dyno video?? awesome truck

none?? [patriot]

--------------------
-Gunnar
89 coupe
54 f100
R.I.P. SILVERLX

Posts: 1857 | From: HEALDSBURG | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
94 N.C.F GT
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 8722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 N.C.F GT  Ford pictures for 94 N.C.F GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks fuckn sick [worship] [worship]

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX:(D D) ORANGE coupe
94GT:(427) Its a BEAST on the streets but in the garage it stays ASLEEP. N/A

Posts: 1313 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
93redcobra
CAFords OG
Member # 1344

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93redcobra  Ford pictures for 93redcobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looks good [patriot]
Blacked-out-GT
¯
Member # 2544

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacked-out-GT  Ford pictures for Blacked-out-GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Holy monkey humper! [burnout] [worship]

--------------------
-built to run

Posts: 939 | From: Vacaville by way of Texas | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com