Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Starting P90X Tommorow - a little nervous lol (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Starting P90X Tommorow - a little nervous lol
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So im super serious about the weight loss thing and bought the full P90X workout system - Chin up bar, dvd's, supplements, resistance bands ect - Im gonna post the pics of before and after, and would just like a little support. Please dont rag on me, i figure the mustang community would come together to help a brother out who wants to be healthy for his kid. Pics of Day 1 will be up tommorw and I will bump this thread every 15 days.

Come on guys I really need your support/motivation!

Mike

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90gtvert:
So im super serious about the weight loss thing and bought the full P90X workout system - Chin up bar, dvd's, supplements, resistance bands ect - Im gonna post the pics of before and after, and would just like a little support. Please dont rag on me, i figure the mustang community would come together to help a brother out who wants to be healthy for his kid. Pics of Day 1 will be up tommorw and I will bump this thread every 15 days.

Mike

I hope it works for you. I hate diets, cardio ( other then walking and golfing ) I'd like to get in better shape and lose my gut...
Good luck and keep us posted
[patriot]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

its50
¯
Member # 4069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for its50  Ford pictures for its50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
this kid i work with got it for xmas from his mom and he didnt start untill a few weeks ago and he was telling me he feels stupid doing it but you sure can see the change.he wasnt a fat kid but he as tightened up and slimed down a bit.i need to check it out myself im gonna be in a wedding and i gotta get fit befor then...good luck bro "YOU CAN DOO IITTTTTT" [patriot]
Posts: 940 | From: 510..fremont.. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rigo5.0  Ford pictures for Rigo5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My bro is halfway though P90x.. def works!
From what he says, you just have to stick to the plan. Follow the diet by every detail, and you should see good results.
Let's see if he chimes in...

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

Posts: 1454 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
BlackDrop50
¯
Member # 1715

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackDrop50  Ford pictures for BlackDrop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
P90x is cool if you just wanna get in general shape, but if you want to get mass you should throw in a tougher weight routine.

If you look up 300 workout on youtube its like the same thing as P90x but free....

Posts: 1379 | From: 510 East Bay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Ty
¯
Member # 4920

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ty  Ford pictures for Ty  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by slowback67:
quote:
Originally posted by 90gtvert:

Mike

I hope it works for you. I hate diets, cardio ( other then walking and golfing ) I'd like to get in better shape and lose my gut...
Good luck and keep us posted
[patriot]

if you hate doin stuff like that come do mma at my gym next to lakeridge...i hate doin that stuff to but beatin ppl up makes it alot more fun and easy

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
----------------------------
90 gt nothin special, just your average bolt ons...OUT TO PASTURE
69 fastback project car

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlackDrop50:
P90x is cool if you just wanna get in general shape, but if you want to get mass you should throw in a tougher weight routine.

If you look up 300 workout on youtube its like the same thing as P90x but free....

Im not looking to gain mass, i just want to lose 50-60lbs so I can be in shape for my kid - I dont want to be one of those fatass parents that cant do stuff with there kiddos.

Mike

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

t top freak
¯
Member # 6269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t top freak  Ford pictures for t top freak  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlackDrop50:

300 workout monday wednesday and friday here.

i add some things and take some things away at random points to keep my body guessing. i like it

--------------------
1994 cobra - sold!
1986 t top gt - parted out and sold!
on the hunt for another

Posts: 1023 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

So here is the fatass DAY ZERO pics:

-

-  -

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

-

-

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

So there you go - the fatass obese day zero pics - update in 15 days. Im sticking to this shit.

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

drop92
PITUDO
RACING 415
Member # 1323

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drop92  Ford pictures for drop92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good luck! i go to the gym, but i kinda stopped going, i use to go everyday after work, now im lucky if i go 2 times a week, ima start again the 1st of AUG, thats my goal and ima stick with it and watch what i eat!
Tashas_c0upe
¯
Member # 8969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tashas_c0upe  Ford pictures for Tashas_c0upe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
IS THIS THE SAME 90GTVERT THAT SOLD THE FANS TO ME AND THE NITROUS SYSTEM [Confused] [Confused] IF SO.........DAMNNNNNN!!!!!!

--------------------
SALVAGE CAR'S ARE LIKE GURL'S WITH AIDS I PASS EM UP

Posts: 723 | From: South San Francisco | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Tashas_c0upe:
IS THIS THE SAME 90GTVERT THAT SOLD THE FANS TO ME AND THE NITROUS SYSTEM [Confused] [Confused] IF SO.........DAMNNNNNN!!!!!!

looks like you got a thing for him Tasha [Eek!] lol......

Good luck bro.... I was 310lbs 7 months ago and now im 250lbs... Drink LOTS of WATER and follow your routine. I feel way better. Not only that, Whore bags left n right , lovin it [Whoo Whooooo!] [Whoo Whooooo!]

[ July 27, 2009, 07:04 AM: Message edited by: Eddie510- ]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It works. I did it for the first two months then goofed off the third. I stopped drinking for the first month then again during the second and third lol.
The diet is rough so I basically made something easy to make usually ate it all plain because thoses damn sauces looked to time consuming.
But all in all three months I dropped 25lbs weighed almost 200 at start finished around 175. I haven't gained the weight back either and want to go a second round but I'm too damn busy at the moment

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

exchp6400
¯
Member # 4803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for exchp6400  Ford pictures for exchp6400    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Rigo5.0:
My bro is halfway though P90x.. def works!
From what he says, you just have to stick to the plan. Follow the diet by every detail, and you should see good results.
Let's see if he chimes in...

Still on the p90x....I find that the hardest part is eating exactly what is planned. The sauces are time consuming and most of the soups are nasty in my opinion.
Not easy to do if other in the family are eating junk food and temptation is all around the house because of them. *You will find that the workouts are CRAZY and will kick your ass but worth it. Good luck

--------------------
87 Buick Turbo T | 90 GT | 93 Typhoon

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like the core workout and use it to this day. It is working great for a friend of mine but he says it is pretty hard to follow exactly.

Good Luck, you'll be surprised how much can be achieved with just changing your diet.

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My wife is doing it and she's lost about 30 pounds. But she hasn't stuck to the workout and she has started over a couple times and it's been about a year now. If she would just stick to the thing I think she'd be bangin once again. [Eek!]
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

quote:
Originally posted by Tashas_c0upe:

Nope not me lol

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Well day one down -

That workout was brutal. I was sweating like a pig, but damn i feel good right now. The stretching was crazy, and I dont think I have ever done that many pull ups/push ups in one day. I had to start cheating at the end with the knees down, and for pullup I had to have one foot on a chair.

I gotta finish it off with their ab ripperwhen i get home tonight.

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
I like the core workout and use it to this day. It is working great for a friend of mine but he says it is pretty hard to follow exactly.

Good Luck, you'll be surprised how much can be achieved with just changing your diet.

Ya the diet is crazy as well. I went through and tossed all the garbage out in my kitchen. For breakfast I had 6 egg whites, scrambled with some chees and a piece of toast.

Had to choke that one down - but I gotta get in shape for my kiddo.

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What is the work out regime like? I'm thinking I need to lose some weight too. I have a hard time dieting us redheads love to eat!

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
exchp6400
¯
Member # 4803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for exchp6400  Ford pictures for exchp6400    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
What is the work out regime like? I'm thinking I need to lose some weight too. I have a hard time dieting us redheads love to eat!

you are pretty much doing alot of different style push-ups and pull-ups, weight lifting. On the cardio days...you are either jumpin around, yoga, or karate!
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

quote:
Originally posted by Topete:
quote:
Originally posted by cummins:

you are pretty much doing alot of different style push-ups and pull-ups, weight lifting. On the cardio days...you are either jumpin around, yoga, or karate!
bingo

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

NutNice707
¯
Member # 5123

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NutNice707  Ford pictures for NutNice707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
P90 Deff works bro, Have used it off and on for about a year with friends sittin at home watchin the babys [Razz] Everytime I use it it does its job, You will deff loose alot of that flabby stuff and start getting solid just the warm up will have dyin in the beginning I gaurentee it. Keep it real Im not as thick as you but I still ate like shit and it still did its job. Wifey also used it whole body tighten up after a few weeks.
A 100% Sweat breaker the whole way through. Goodluck

--------------------
07 F-250 Crew Cab
02 Corvette Z06
67 Cougar XR-7
72 Chevelle
07 CLS 550

Posts: 806 | From: Sacramento To The Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com