Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » I just bought a new toy.... Pics inside

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: I just bought a new toy.... Pics inside
87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have owned a few hand guns in the past but I went a different route this time. I went into a gun shop and they wanted 1799.00 for a Smith and Wesson AR 15. I then talked to my brother in law and Navid who both own AR 15s. My brother in law recommended a website called Lanworldinc.com. I then found a Stag model 1 for a fraction of the cost. Unfortunately, with Obama trying to enforce or ban guns, the wait time is 4 - 6 months until I get mine. I can't wait. Of course it is going to have the 10 round clip and cover for the mag release. And yes I know I probably could have gotten it cheaper if I put it together myself, but I didn't feel like running into problems like others have had. Here is a pic of what it looks like except for the magazine.
 -

I paid 1002.00 for the whole thing including fees and shipping (you don't pay tax). It doesn't include the transfer which will cost about 70 bucks or so depending on the FFL dealer I go with. I am trying to get it from Snelling but he only works 2 days a week and his voicemail is always full.

[ June 28, 2009, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: 95GTConvtACE ]

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Captain Obvious
¯
Member # 7842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Obvious  Ford pictures for Captain Obvious    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its cool but nobody ever mentions a Colt
if your really into that stuff and your ever out of state like arizona, navada go and check out any gun shop even any pawn shop you will see some of the best shit and its for sale (but you need a state ID [Wink] )

--------------------
It's NOT illegal. It's just frowned upon, like masturbating on an airplane.

87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91fox:
if your really into that stuff and your ever out of state like arizona, navada go and check out any gun shop even any pawn shop you will see some of the best shit and its for sale (but you need a state ID [Wink] )

Yeah, I heard the colt is pretty good. But then again, I haven't heard of a crappy brand of AR 15 at all. I want to get some different clips from Nevada, but do I still need a state ID?

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

BlackDrop50
¯
Member # 1715

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackDrop50  Ford pictures for BlackDrop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ARs are dropping dramatically in price. If you look around I bet you can find or piece together one easy for cheap. I built my own lower after I got a stripped one from a dealer. It's not too hard, just get a friend to help.

Honestly, theres not too much point if you never take it out of Cali. They are cool but mainly just for looks. Really neutured with a 10 round and a mag lock. Mine gets taken to my place in Nevada and gets worn out a few times a year. 2 more weeks and I'll be out there again.

-

[ June 28, 2009, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: BlackDrop50 ]

Posts: 1379 | From: 510 East Bay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

quote:
Originally posted by BlackDrop50:
ARs are dropping dramatically in price. If you look around I bet you can find or piece together one easy for cheap. I built my own lower after I got a stripped one from a dealer. It's not too hard, just get a friend to help.

Honestly, theres not too much point if you never take it out of Cali. They are cool but mainly just for looks. Really neutured with a 10 round and a mag lock. Mine gets taken to my place in Nevada and gets worn out a few times a year. 2 more weeks and I'll be out there again.

-

What scope setup do you have? Looks like an Acog with something in front of it. Sweet looking gun.

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

94 N.C.F GT
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 8722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 N.C.F GT  Ford pictures for 94 N.C.F GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice wish I had one [Frown]

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX:(D D) ORANGE coupe
94GT:(427) Its a BEAST on the streets but in the garage it stays ASLEEP. N/A

Posts: 1313 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
BlackDrop50
¯
Member # 1715

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackDrop50  Ford pictures for BlackDrop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Eotech 516 ($400) and Larue Po Boy QD pivot mount with hensoldt 2.5x magnifier ($200).

If I had to do it again I would just get the Eotech and a cheap scope for $200 and swap em out. If you are shooting paper a scope is very useful.

Posts: 1379 | From: 510 East Bay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
One of the reasons no one talks about colt is that they are one of the baned AR's colt realy only sells to LEO's and military.
One thing about colts is one of the pins is a different size( don't remember if it's the take down pin)

I love shooting a AR platform rifle... They are easy to maintain, many aftermarket parts and reliable and acurate to shoot.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
"Colt, the original point and click interface"

[Wink] [Razz]
[patriot]

Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Captain Obvious
¯
Member # 7842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Obvious  Ford pictures for Captain Obvious    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90FoX:
"Colt, the original point and click interface"

[Wink] [Razz]
[patriot]

original pre ban Colt sporter [patriot]

--------------------

Captain Obvious
¯
Member # 7842

quote:
Originally posted by 95GTConvtACE:
quote:
Originally posted by 91fox:

Yeah, I heard the colt is pretty good. But then again, I haven't heard of a crappy brand of AR 15 at all. I want to get some different clips from Nevada, but do I still need a state ID?
bring one of those to the desert and fire off afew hundred rounds and you will see the difference between colts and knockoffs like jaming and feed problems. if you got the cash look for a used colt. it will even have a more solid feel to it, this is from exp the only other ar15 style rifle i liked was the bushmaster but still colt is second to none

--------------------

AbominableSnoman...
¯
Member # 8290

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AbominableSnoman...  Ford pictures for AbominableSnoman...    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlackDrop50:

-

nice

--------------------
"I aint no crip, but i bleed blue..."

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com