Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Who said Kobe will never win another championship? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Who said Kobe will never win another championship?
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Diamond Dave:
Kobe is a fantastic player, and I'm happy his team won. He is pretty damn focused, and like N8 said, his basketball IQ is very high. I'm glad LeBron didn't even make it to the finals... The Cavs were being REALLY cocky for a team that was just good. They acted like they were supposed to win it all, and then they acted like little girls when they got beat by a team that wasn't even 100%.

Why all the Kobe hating though? He has made a good name for himself over the past few seasons IMO, and proved he doesn't need Shaq to get him a title. Sure he had some great players around him this time too, but what NBA champions DON'T have a good team? That's how you freakin WIN!

Even if you hate him as a person, you gotta respect him as a player, and how he has rebuilt his image.

I can see how his image outside of hoop influences his like-ability on the court. He just seems like a person I could easily slap a blood clot on his forehead without thinking about it. But I have met plenty of people like that in hoop years. Terrible people with the personality of a door knob. But murder on the court. And that is Kobe. But I think he managed to get outside of the Jordan shadow with this one. I am happy for him on that level too.
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
KOBE = NBA

All you Kobe haters talking down saying "he went to private school, pretty boy, crying little b!tch" blah blah.. Do you think Kobe gives a two shits of what you all think? HE KNOWS he is the shizznit.

Go Kobe [dance] [dance] Go LAKERS [dance] [dance]

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AL STOCK:
KOBE = NBA

All you Kobe haters talking down saying "he went to private school, pretty boy, crying little b!tch" blah blah.. Do you think Kobe gives a two shits of what you all think? HE KNOWS he is the shizznit.

Actually I think that was his problem early in his career. He cared what people said and thought of him. But dude is a beast. Gotta give it to him. And he won with Lamar Odom and Pao. 2 of the softest players in the league. I am talking liquor store cotton soft. I am talkin about as hard as baby shit soft. I am talking twinkie filling hard. You win with those abominations you are a beast.
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The lakers are the same as the Yankees all about the money.... Loved when they tried to buy a chapionship a few years back. Oh and Kobe still isn't Jordan and never will be [Smile] would love to see Kobe retire, come back, then win back to back [Wink]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

drop92
PITUDO
RACING 415
Member # 1323

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drop92  Ford pictures for drop92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 03smknsvt:
quote:
Originally posted by 1990Silver5.0:
HAHA Haters I luv it

[dance]

-

[worship] [worship] [dance] keep hating,just remember who the best player in the game is.
the best player of basketball was michael jordan!!!!!! Kobe aint got shit on him!!!!!!!!
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by AL STOCK:
KOBE = NBA

Actually I think that was his problem early in his career. He cared what people said and thought of him. But dude is a beast. Gotta give it to him. And he won with Lamar Odom and Pao. 2 of the softest players in the league. I am talking liquor store cotton soft. I am talkin about as hard as baby shit soft. I am talking twinkie filling hard. You win with those abominations you are a beast.
I would agree with you on those comments in general. But these playoffs and especially the finals, Pau and Lamar came up big and really broke out of their "soft" shell.

In these finals, this is the best I've ever seen Odom play.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by slowback67:
The lakers are the same as the Yankees all about the money.... Loved when they tried to buy a chapionship a few years back. Oh and Kobe still isn't Jordan and never will be [Smile] would love to see Kobe retire, come back, then win back to back [Wink]

There will never be another Jordan. We should let that rest. Like there was never another Kareem, Larry, Magic....Pass the torch to Kobe and let him carve his own name rather than erase MJ's is what I say.
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

There will never be another Jordan. We should let that rest. Like there was never another Kareem, Larry, Magic....Pass the torch to Kobe and let him carve his own name rather than erase MJ's is what I say.
I know there won't be another Jordan labron James is more like him IMO also you left out Reggie Miller ! [Big Grin] now that guy had some class

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 302 DROP:
quote:
Originally posted by 03smknsvt:
quote:
Originally posted by 1990Silver5.0:
HAHA Haters I luv it

[dance]

-

[worship] [worship] [dance] keep hating,just remember who the best player in the game is.
the best player of basketball was michael jordan!!!!!! Kobe aint got shit on him!!!!!!!!
heyy take it e-z carnal!

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

I know there won't be another Jordan labron James is more like him IMO also you left out Reggie Miller ! [Big Grin] now that guy had some class
I am not sure I would put Reggie in a Hall of Fame class. Plus I would say Ray Allen and Dale Ellis was as pure a shooter as he was. but its debatable.
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's always difficult to compare guys from different eras. Tyson-Ali comes to mind. Ali the great technical boxer and Tyson, Kid Dynomite.

IMHO, Bird and Magic were the cream of the crop in the 80's, Jordan owned the 90's, Kobe has been top notch in the '00s, and Lebron will likely be the King of the 10's.

The Jordan comparisons are tiresome though. I think few would argue that Jordan was the best ever, but Kobe is hands down the best today.

For all you Lebron lovers, go away. The guy has not accomplished ANYTHING yet, but his time will come. Until then, I will not disrespect greatness by putting Lebron's unaccomplished name in the same sentence with the other 4 guys mentioned above. I will say, that when its all said and done, I wouldn't be surprised if Lebron wins more championships and individual accolades than any of the 4 guys above. Lets wait and see.

All great players always had a supporting cast though, lets not forget. Jordan had the best role player in NBA history in Pippen, and Kobe had the biggest and most dominant center to ever play the game. Very cool to see Kobe win it without Shaq though [Wink]

--------------------
Stangless

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah man a lot of people hate on kobe. But he backs up all his on the court. And if he runs to the refs so what. The other 98% of the game he is ballin his ass off and this year he helped his team members grow. 4 rings is an accomplishment for anyone

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
FUCK BASKETBALL! ITS ALL ABOUT BEER PONG! [patriot]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueBlue  Ford pictures for TrueBlue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:

For all you Lebron lovers, go away. The guy has not accomplished ANYTHING yet, but his time will come. Until then, I will not disrespect greatness by putting Lebron's unaccomplished name in the same sentence with the other 4 guys mentioned above. I will say, that when its all said and done, I wouldn't be surprised if Lebron wins more championships and individual accolades than any of the 4 guys above. Lets wait and see.
[Wink]

I agree with somethings you said but I still think LeBron is a better overall player than Kobe without question. I think that was true last year too. The Cavs were only 1 or 2 players short of taking the whole thing...

By the way.....KOBE IS A BITCH!... [Big Grin]

[ June 16, 2009, 12:53 AM: Message edited by: TrueBlue ]

--------------------
KB '01 GT
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/davis769/GIFS/samj.gif[/IMG]

Posts: 1527 | From: Around the way | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by TrueBlue:
quote:

[Wink]

I agree with somethings you said but I still think LeBron is a better overall player than Kobe without question. I think that was true last year too. The Cavs were only 1 or two players short of taking the whole thing...

you serious? I cannot find one place LeBron is a better than Kobe in. I will give him youth, brute strength and can no doubt jump higher. But those do not necessarily equate to a better player. Keep in mind this is coming from someone who hates Kobe and the Lakers. But I gotta call it like it is.

[ June 16, 2009, 12:57 AM: Message edited by: N8 ]

86- 50
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 4723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86- 50  Ford pictures for 86- 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If kobe would of been on the cavs this year instead of lebron, they wouldn't of made the playoffs justy like when kobe missed them until they got gasol as a gift from jerry west. [patriot]

--------------------
My baby:88gt 347 stroker

RIP MATT, Gone but never forgotten

TEAM PLATINUM

1990Silver5.0
¯
Member # 6210

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1990Silver5.0  Ford pictures for 1990Silver5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 86- 50:
If kobe would of been on the cavs this year instead of lebron, they wouldn't of made the playoffs justy like when kobe missed them until they got gasol as a gift from jerry west. [patriot]

Do you watch basketball?

Kobe made it the last 4 years to the playoffs. The only year he didn't make it was the 1st year shaq left.

He didnt get to the finals again until they got Gasol.

So what if kobe was on the cavs an they didnt make the playoffs, but hes not an he an NBA Champion again.

I know you hate seeing this dont you
 -

[ June 16, 2009, 02:10 AM: Message edited by: 1990Silver5.0 ]

--------------------
1995 Impala SS
1992 GT Convert. 5.0 auto -sold-
1990 Lx Convert. 5.0(parted)
1992 Lx Hatchback 5.0-sold-:)
1990 5.0 Notchback -SOLD-:(

TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueBlue  Ford pictures for TrueBlue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:

[Wink]

I agree with somethings you said but I still think LeBron is a better overall player than Kobe without question. I think that was true last year too. The Cavs were only 1 or two players short of taking the whole thing...

you serious? I cannot find one place LeBron is a better than Kobe in.
Here we go again just like last year...and yes I am serious.

Kobe is a fantastic player but let's see what he is better at.....

KOBE
 -

LeBron
 -

Points - No (and Kobe took 99 more shots), Shooting% - No, Rebounds - No, Steals - No, Blocks - No, Assists - No, 3 pointers - Yes by .7%, Free Throws - Yes.

Wow you are right I can't find one place LeBron is better either...LOL

[ June 16, 2009, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: TrueBlue ]

--------------------
KB '01 GT

SPIDER_STANG
¯
Member # 8658

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SPIDER_STANG  Ford pictures for SPIDER_STANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
True Blue pulled out the stats!!!! LoL, I dont care for Kobe either but he is a beast on the court. He gets away with so much like elbows & anytime he adjust his shot the refs call a foul no matter what. But Gasol & Fisher won this Championship for him this time. Gasol was unstoppable this season & Fisher was back to his master piece flops for foul calls & dagger 3 point shots at the right time. (Go Spurs) LoL

--------------------
02 GT Conv Sold
92 LX coup Sold
94 Gt Conv
Spurs, Saints, Dodgers! We win baby!!

TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

quote:
Originally posted by SPIDER_STANG:
True Blue pulled out the stats!!!! LoL, I dont care for Kobe either but he is a beast on the court. He gets away with so much like elbows & anytime he adjust his shot the refs call a foul no matter what. But Gasol & Fisher won this Championship for him this time. Gasol was unstoppable this season & Fisher was back to his master piece flops for foul calls & dagger 3 point shots at the right time. (Go Spurs) LoL

I had to when he said " I cannot find one place LeBron is a better than Kobe in.".

Your right Gasol was a unstoppable (and looks like a beast [Big Grin] ) I thought Howard could stop or slow him down but that didn't happen.

[ June 16, 2009, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: TrueBlue ]

--------------------
KB '01 GT

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:

[Wink]

you serious? I cannot find one place LeBron is a better than Kobe in.
Here we go again just like last year...and yes I am serious.

Kobe is a fantastic player but let's see what he is better at.....

KOBE
 -

LeBron
 -

Points - No (and Kobe took 99 more shots), Shooting% - No, Rebounds - No, Steals - No, Blocks - No, Assists - No, 3 pointers - Yes by .7%, Free Throws - Yes.

Wow you are right I can't find one place LeBron is better either...LOL

impressive stats, but when it comes down to it, the fact lebron has some better stats didnt help get him a championship now did it? [Razz]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

SPIDER_STANG
¯
Member # 8658

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SPIDER_STANG  Ford pictures for SPIDER_STANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If Lebron had Gasol he would of won this year aswell. Hell even give him Howard regardless Kobe had a better team. Lebron was a 1 gun act so that wasn't 2 hard to figure out how to stop it. When lebron leaves the cavs & join's another team with more talent watch what happens!!! More elite players will join 1 team for less money to win a ring watch.

--------------------
02 GT Conv Sold
92 LX coup Sold
94 Gt Conv

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SPIDER_STANG:
If Lebron had Gasol he would of won this year aswell. Hell even give him Howard regardless Kobe had a better team. Lebron was a 1 gun act so that wasn't 2 hard to figure out how to stop it. When lebron leaves the cavs & join's another team with more talent watch what happens!!! More elite players will join 1 team for less money to win a ring watch.

EXACTLY! [patriot]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

LOL, nice job of pulling out the stats.

However, your stats are 1-dimensional.
The worse your team, the better your star players individual stats will be as they HAVE to carry the team. Give Lebron James Lamar and Pau, and his individual stats will drop. I promise you.

Take a look at Jordan's career scoring average.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/stats?playerId=1035

He averaged the most points from 86-90, when the Bulls won 0.

This is the only stat that matters in the end:
2008-2009 Championship rings:
Lakers: 1
Cavs: 0
LOL

--------------------
Stangless

SPIDER_STANG
¯
Member # 8658

Everyone just watch where all the free agents go after the 2009-2010 season go. Most will take less money & have less stats but will have a ring!! Like the Celtics did. How does Peirce, Allen, Garnet all avg like 12-15 points a game? When all were at or above 20 on their own? Its called a ring is worth more than a Stat sheet LoL

--------------------
02 GT Conv Sold
92 LX coup Sold
94 Gt Conv

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com