Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » FUCK GM! (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: FUCK GM!
Jessie P
¯
Member # 7073

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jessie P  Ford pictures for Jessie P    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a set of 243 casting heads, and the car came with an LS6 block. The block don't mean shit, just better cooling for the most part. Scott when you want to line up from a dig im down. I'll have my transmission in about another two or three weeks.
Posts: 594 | From: Roseville, Ca. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
Jessie P
¯
Member # 7073

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jessie P  Ford pictures for Jessie P    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RED@7kVERT *8850GT*:
when i get the blower buttoned up, i want to run you from a dig Mr. P.

mickey to mickey! lol

[patriot]

Sounds great to me [patriot]

--------------------
Member of The Track Legion
Know Your Worth... Expect Nothing Less

Jessie P
¯
Member # 7073

quote:
Originally posted by 87droptop50:
quote:
Originally posted by svfreerider87:
quote:
Originally posted by Jessie P:
Well my 2002 Z28 ran bone stock 13.00 flat and it put down 307 and some change on the dyno. Now i put down 443 rwhp w/ a cam, bolt on's, 4k stall, w/ my cut outs closed and 461 and some change w/ my cut outs open. Ran an 11.60 @ 119 w/ bone stock suspension, transmission and rear end. Since then I've added a BMR short adjustable TA, BMR sub frames, BMR Pan hard,BMR adjustable LCA's, QA1 adjustable coil overs all the way around, and im adding the Spohn rear sway bar, Level 3 4L60E w/ trans brake, and gears. hoping to cut some low 60s and get my 10 second time slip.

do you have any head work done? those are some bad ass numbers, possibly an ls6 shortlbock?
damn sounds like im pouring money into the wrong car
I got about 3500 into my set up. Thats not a whole lot

--------------------
Member of The Track Legion
Know Your Worth... Expect Nothing Less

RedBaron
¯
Member # 4361

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RedBaron  Ford pictures for RedBaron    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
This Trailblazer has all that shit beat, 4 wheel drive and the front drive axles go through the oil pan! No joke, there is a tube from one side of the oil pan to the other...... Not under the pan, not a notch in the pan but a full on axle through the pan! To pull the motor I have to pull the drive axles and front diff off the oil pan. To get the axles out I have to pull the whole spindle because it won't swing out far enough with just one end unhooked..... This is the biggest pile of shit design I've ran into yet. An 04 trailblazer with the vortech inline 6, 34,000 miles and a rod through the side of the block.

Man, you got off EASY doing the motor swap in a 7 series! Go look under any e46 3 series 'IX'- the all wheel drive cars have that same 'through the pan" axle set up- plus, they've got cv boots that last around 7 minutes, tops! As for the rest of the lineup, I'm thouroughly convinced that Germany is populated with nothing but Forrest Gumps- at least, the ones that couldn't figure out how to open the box of chocolates!

As for the ls swap in your 5- last I checked for a factory replacement, it was upwards of $9k and climbing- plus all the 'everfail' plastic cooling system components, etc.... the ls swap, sending your kids to college, AND solving world hunger would cost you less!

All that being said though, GMs are poop. 'Nuf said.

--------------------
1988 4i coupe,
88 gt
85 ttop-

04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Besides, faster or not, the Mustang is going 45 years strong now... GM killed the Camaro before... it'll die again... only a matter of time... The quality of car you get in a Mustang (speed, handling, braking, interior, overall finish) for the price is what put the Camaro to rest in the first place, and ain't nothing changed...
Posts: 1570 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Okay, I vented enough. In all honesty, Camaro's and LS-1 powered cars ain't bad. Just not my cup of tea. Lsx powered cars are mean in the quarter and freeway, mustangs kill in autocross and road coarse, and either one is better than a rice burner...

American cars FTW!!!

Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 04 S281:
American cars FTW!!!

thats what its all about my friends, i own both type of cars a stang and a maro and i love them both!
[burnout]

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is it true Obama told GM and dodge to cancel their NASCAR contracts next year?

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by slowback67:
Is it true Obama told GM and dodge to cancel their NASCAR contracts next year?

WTF!!! I hope not  -
Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Carless
¯
Member # 9119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carless  Ford pictures for Carless  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Black 02 SS:
quote:
LS-1's are nice, but 52ish HP per Liter off the showroom floor is kinda FAIL IMHO... they respond well to bolt-ons, whoop de doo... they better! 5.7 liters of inefficiency has alot bottled up, no surprise there...

but GM is putting, what, a 6.2 liter in the new Camaro? and it's less than a half a second faster than a 4.6?! i mean, Ford supposedly has a 5 liter modular coming to the 2010 platform that, naturally aspirated, is within 30 hp of the LS3...

give Ford a 5.4, or better, a 5.8, with 3 valve heads or 4, naturally aspirated, and they will shit on GM...

even when price is no object, the supercharged 6.2 LS motor is the new ZR-1 Vette is matched in Horsepower by a 5 liter supercharged modular in the S302 Extreme by Saleen...

6.2L for the LS3, 430hp, and still pull over 30 MPG on the freeway is inefficient?
yeah, 60something hp per liter is great... pshh... and 30 miles per gallon ON THE FREEWAY is a testament to a well gear 6-speed DOUBLE OVERDRIVE... not the engine. if it got 25 or 30 MPG in the city, THAT would be efficiency...

besides, when i talk efficiency, i mean how much power it can make for a given displacement, not MPG... 385 hp out of a 5.4 ala 2000 Cobra R (70hp per liter) or 400 out of a 5.0 ala 2010 Mustang, who product development director Russell Christophers has already confirmed being developed under the code name "coyote" by Ford USA for deployment in late 2010... (80hp per liter)

No way. thats hella crazy. is there an article or something on it?

[ June 13, 2009, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: Sovereign ]

--------------------
*89 LX 5.0(sold)
*86 GT 5.0(sold)
*90 GT 5.0

nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrous_bob  Ford pictures for nitrous_bob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 84SVOrick:
Trickflow and hurst with a little nitrous burst makes the ford coupe fly and the chevy boys cry [Big Grin]

HAHA !!! my '89 went 12.50's bone stock

4.10's and nitrous , it was a fun car

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

Posts: 1402 | From: st clair shores MI | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RedBaron:

As for the ls swap in your 5- last I checked for a factory replacement, it was upwards of $9k and climbing- plus all the 'everfail' plastic cooling system components, etc.... the ls swap, sending your kids to college, AND solving world hunger would cost you less!

All that being said though, GMs are poop. 'Nuf said.

You know what, your right!!! I'll set this bitch up for an 03/04 Cobra swap!!

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

quote:
No way. thats hella crazy. is there an article or something on it? [/QB]
Yeah, they've been covering it on Badmustangsclub and Autoblog... i'll see if i can scrounge up a link...

[ June 14, 2009, 03:55 AM: Message edited by: 04 S281 ]

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
whos gives a fuck

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

Carless
¯
Member # 9119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carless  Ford pictures for Carless  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
No way. thats hella crazy. is there an article or something on it?

Yeah, they've been covering it on Badmustangsclub and Autoblog... i'll see if i can scrounge up a link... [/QB]
Yeah I found some info on it. Not too much tho. Everywhere I looked said its pushin 400 to 410 hp and 400 foot lbs of torque. And that the f150 and mustang are gon have the same engine. That should be nice. Not gonna be reeased til late 2010 tho. Succs.

--------------------
*89 LX 5.0(sold)
*86 GT 5.0(sold)
*90 GT 5.0

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com