Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » New addition to the stable! - PROGRESS PICS (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: New addition to the stable! - PROGRESS PICS
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice find it's nice to see some old stangs on here. [patriot]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by slowback67:
Nice find it's nice to see some old stangs on here. [patriot]

Thanks. I agree with you.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Progress pics posted. Big thanks to my buddy Scott who owns Heritage Customs. He did all of the work on the car.

He installed a new gas tank and sending unit, cleaned and repainted the trunk (including getting rid of some surface rust), and reinstalled the stock steering wheel.

Under the hood the car now wears the correct hipo air cleaner, a "clone" hipo Autolite 4100 carb has replaced the Holley 750 DP, a new fuel pump and lines, and the battery is back where it belongs. He got rid of most of the ugly wire mesh hose stuff and did a little paint work as well.

I also just had the exhaust redone from the manifolds back. The 20 year old pipes on the car just weren't cutting it.

Next on the list are new seats and a dash pad.

[ May 27, 2009, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: iceman302 ]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

BULLITTMAN
¯
Member # 8468

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for BULLITTMAN  Ford pictures for BULLITTMAN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very nice car Dave, great find!!

--------------------
R.I.P Little Bro Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT) 4/24/87 - 11/23/12
01 Bullitt #3102 Stroked and blown
Built and tuned by Shaun at AED
14 Fiesta ST

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Thanks, Robert. I appreciate the deal on the Bullitts. That's a damn nice Bullitt that you have as well.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sweet find my friend. but damn i miss that purple notch. i remeber mike was puttin on the pan bar i sat and stared at the motor for like hours drinkin coors light [Big Grin]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

quote:
Originally posted by 87GTCOBRA:
sweet find my friend. but damn i miss that purple notch. i remeber mike was puttin on the pan bar i sat and stared at the motor for like hours drinkin coors light [Big Grin]

Purplenotch was a nice car, especially after all the suspension and brakes were done, but I got tired of sinking money into a car and not getting it back. I can put money into the K, improving it little by little, and have the value go up accordingly. Plus I bought it for about what I sold the '87 for... a complete steal, way under what the car is worth.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PurpleNotch  Ford pictures for PurpleNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by iceman302:
quote:

Purplenotch was a nice car, especially after all the suspension and brakes were done, but I got tired of sinking money into a car and not getting it back. I can put money into the K, improving it little by little, and have the value go up accordingly. Plus I bought it for about what I sold the '87 for... a complete steal, way under what the car is worth.
True that Dave I sunk over 20k into that engine bay and only sold that car for 11k... It was a fun build but it took me quite a few years to get out of that hole even after i sold the car.. really should have just kept it since it did cost so much $$ to build. Nice old school btw much better having some value! Good luck on the project. [patriot]

--------------------
**The creator of the infamous purplenotch**

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredvehicles/m5lp_0508_1988_ford_mustang_lx/index.html

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

quote:
Originally posted by PurpleNotch:
quote:
Originally posted by iceman302:
quote:

True that Dave I sunk over 20k into that engine bay and only sold that car for 11k... It was a fun build but it took me quite a few years to get out of that hole even after i sold the car.. really should have just kept it since it did cost so much $$ to build. Nice old school btw much better having some value! Good luck on the project. [patriot]
Thanks, Shaun. Good to hear from you. I will keep chipping away at the fastback too. That's my big money pit.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com