Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » questions for you bike riders (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: questions for you bike riders
Stimpys 5.0
¯
Member # 5829

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimpys 5.0  Ford pictures for Stimpys 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im trying to buy this bike. 2000 honda cbr600 f4 carb, clean title. the bike looks good no major damage to the body. The milage seems a little high 35k the guy is asking $2500. I think $2-2300 is koo, but what do guys thinks is it worth the money. Are these bikes any good lmk
thanks.

[ April 16, 2009, 02:28 AM: Message edited by: Stimpys 5.0 ]

--------------------
1989 burgundy coupe
1968 mustang 289 - 4 speed
1989 white lx (totalled)

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've never owned an F, but I had a 1996 F3 and I've ridden my boy's 2002 F4i. The fuel injected bikes are a lot smoother and have better throttle response in my opinion. The Honda CBR's are great bikes because they're reliable and comfortable to ride, but if you have about a thousand more, I think you should look into an F4i. The extra money is worth the better performance.

As for the miles, I dont think you need to worry about it if the previous owner(s) maintained it. You may need a carb cleaning and sync and the valves to be adjusted if it hasn't been done already. But for $2000, I'd say its a pretty good deal. Good luck [patriot]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

cees87drop
¯
Member # 4066

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cees87drop  Ford pictures for cees87drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
100% agree. Save up a little more and get a f4i.
ScooterStang
¯
Member # 9077

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ScooterStang  Ford pictures for ScooterStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yes for sure get somthing FI you wont regret spending a little more.... i have 07 GSXR 1000 and theres nothing like it... i had 01 ninga 750 carb
and it was a no power dinosor heavy as shit get something as new as possible the newer the lighter the faster... good luck....

--------------------
~ 89 GT
~ 07 GSXR 1000
~ 89 Toyota 4x4 w/7" lift

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would say save a little more and atleast get an F4i. I'm sure you can find 01,02 for around $4.000. This bike sounds like an ok deal but the F4 are heavy and after you learn to ride you will get board with the bike in my opinion

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cees87drop:
100% agree. Save up a little more and get a f4i.

+1000000

Do not get that F4 Carb - The difference between the F4 and F4i is amazing. Save the extra cash and get a bike with less milage to boot.

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

djlopez916
¯
Member # 8787

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for djlopez916  Ford pictures for djlopez916  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds like a fuk load of miles

--------------------
89 GT VERT work in progress
05 v6 stang
97 Ford expedition

03gtPONY
¯
Member # 5337

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03gtPONY  Ford pictures for 03gtPONY  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the mileage is not bad. if it was a daily ridden bike and average 8-10k a year, its really decent. I put 12k one year on my 06 gsxr 1000. These bikes can go over 100k easily with no problems if you maintain it. Look for a fuel injected bike. Carb bikes are ok but response wise and maintenance would have to go to fuel injected. Have someone who knows about bikes go with you as you might not find the little things that are wrong with the bike. GL

--------------------
*Sleeper GT* nuff said

Stimpys 5.0
¯
Member # 5829

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimpys 5.0  Ford pictures for Stimpys 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks for your replys guys. im pretty sure its carb ill double check tom, since im going to go test drive it with a buddy who has had a couple of bikes. im going to see if we can work on the price a little more, if he cant do less than 2300 i guess im just going to have to pass on the bike. well thanks again folks ill lyk if i get it tom

--------------------
1989 burgundy coupe
1968 mustang 289 - 4 speed
1989 white lx (totalled)

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Stimpys 5.0:
thanks for your replys guys. im pretty sure its carb ill double check tom, since im going to go test drive it with a buddy who has had a couple of bikes. im going to see if we can work on the price a little more, if he cant do less than 2300 i guess im just going to have to pass on the bike. well thanks again folks ill lyk if i get it tom

the best deal that this guy can give you is the bike for free and some money to get it fixed after the motor blows! for anyone that said the miles are not high your high! motorcycle motors need a compleat rebuild after 20k, and for you who said you rode a bike with 100k on it, your insain! i would have been praying for my life every second on that roach hoping it didnt seez on me. dont buy the bike there turds!

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 03gtPONY:
the mileage is not bad. if it was a daily ridden bike and average 8-10k a year, its really decent. I put 12k one year on my 06 gsxr 1000. These bikes can go over 100k easily with no problems if you maintain it. Look for a fuel injected bike. Carb bikes are ok but response wise and maintenance would have to go to fuel injected. Have someone who knows about bikes go with you as you might not find the little things that are wrong with the bike. GL

how do you maintain a motor with 100k on it that gets shifted at 6k on a normal baises? [Confused]
anything after 20k on two wheels that raps out to 15.5k is a death trap!
so whoever thinks its ok to ride these street bikes over that good luck with your life!
p.s. i aint no rookie i got an 06 gsxr 825 and when you figure out what that is hit me up with all your damn 1000's 1200's 1300's and 1400's im ready!

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

djlopez916
¯
Member # 8787

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for djlopez916  Ford pictures for djlopez916  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lol you always talkn shit on here!

--------------------
89 GT VERT work in progress
05 v6 stang
97 Ford expedition

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bikes that go to 100K? Look at all the bikes for sale on cl and the highest mileage you will probably find is 45-50. Its not a civic dx motor in the bike asswipe. I like CBR's in general and if you can get it for 2300 its a good deal if you just want to get it and start riding. Weather has been nice all week. Then when you realize that you need more power, sell it then step up to a 954RR or 1000RR.

[ April 17, 2009, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: Yaterstang ]

xvt's 85 5.0
¯
Member # 4765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xvt's 85 5.0  Ford pictures for xvt's 85 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I seen bikes hit 60k miles with out any issues, they're able to go long because of how well they're taken care off, like valve adjustment's when they need it, now for the bike you're looking is just impossible to tell how much is worth with out seen any pictures of the damage area. If this is your very first bike that you're going to learn on I would just get one of the cheapest bike on cl to learn and just sell it for the same price you bought it for once you learn how to ride.

[ April 17, 2009, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: xvt's 85 5.0 ]

--------------------
CBR 600RR
CBR 600 F4

xvt's 85 5.0
¯
Member # 4765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xvt's 85 5.0  Ford pictures for xvt's 85 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fr5.0:
quote:

how do you maintain a motor with 100k on it that gets shifted at 6k on a normal baises? [Confused]
so whoever thinks its ok to ride these street bikes over that good luck with your life!
p.s. i aint no rookie i got an 06 gsxr 825 and when you figure out what that is hit me up with all your damn 1000's 1200's 1300's and 1400's im ready!

you must be the only one with 06 gsxr 825 because I never have seen one before [Razz]

--------------------
CBR 600RR
CBR 600 F4

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My boy bought a 97 F3 with over 70k miles! He got it from the original owner and had all maintenance documented in a little book. It was crazy! Bikes can definitely reach higher miles is well maintained.

The reason why most people dont have this many miles on their bikes is because THEY CRASH AND TOTAL them first. My boy did that exact thing. Its a sad reality that most bikes are totaled before they're ready to go...

--------------------

cees87drop
¯
Member # 4066

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cees87drop  Ford pictures for cees87drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
My boy bought a 97 F3 with over 70k miles! He got it from the original owner and had all maintenance documented in a little book. It was crazy! Bikes can definitely reach higher miles is well maintained.

The reason why most people dont have this many miles on their bikes is because THEY CRASH AND TOTAL them first. My boy did that exact thing. Its a sad reality that most bikes are totaled before they're ready to go...

+1... Don't listen to the people sayin bikes don't last long. I've been riding bikes for about 4 years now, and haven't seen one engine go out yet. I have seen a shit load of bikes totaled. Cluthes will go out and chains will break on high miled bikes, that is normal.
On a side note, be ready to take a fall. It's gonna happen sooner or later. lol

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by cees87drop:
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:

+1... Don't listen to the people sayin bikes don't last long. I've been riding bikes for about 4 years now, and haven't seen one engine go out yet. I have seen a shit load of bikes totaled. Cluthes will go out and chains will break on high miled bikes, that is normal.
On a side note, be ready to take a fall. It's gonna happen sooner or later. lol

+1...they always say theres 2 types of riders: those who have went down and those who WILL go down. It's gonna happen, just pray its not a bad fall!

Just to backup what i said about bikes with high miles, I've owned 9 bikes in the past 4 years or so. I kept buying and selling to try out all the japanese models and see which one I like best. I've had as old as an 1988 Ninja 500 to as new as a 2006 R6 and miles REALLY dont matter. Some of the bikes I've owned had a lot less miles than others and ran shittier. Its all in the maintenance and upkeep [Wink]

When you check out bikes, bring someone who's been riding a while and have them test ride it for you. For people that have a lot of seat time, its fairly easy for them to "feel" if the bike is running well or not. Again, good luck on te hunt and dont skimp out on yourself...get a fule injected bike [Smile]

--------------------

03gtPONY
¯
Member # 5337

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03gtPONY  Ford pictures for 03gtPONY  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fr5.0:
quote:

hahaha yea rookie noob, your neither one cus you dont ride. gsxr 825 huh, did they make that after moto gp decided to go to 800cc bikes?? lol keep rappin your bs brah.....let me school you some more. if you dont know the technology of bikes today then you are a lost cause. And who the hell rides at 15k all the time. 1000ccs dont need to rev that high to get in the power band. 600's do and they dont start to pull till at least 6 grand depending on which bike. Stick to the tech forum on here and leave the bike talk to those who know what they are talking about. you just got OWNED

OH AND FR50 ARE YOU YUT UGHHHH EL DORADO HILLS.
DO STUPID (_!_)'S WHO RIDE ALL COME FROM THE 916.
CALLING ALL CRAIGSLIST STUNT POLICE
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

[ April 17, 2009, 11:42 PM: Message edited by: 03gtPONY ]

--------------------
*Sleeper GT* nuff said

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

quote:
[QUOTE] gsxr 825 huh, did they make that after moto gp decided to go to 800cc bikes

no im not YUT UGHHHH, but i bet you wont put your money where your mouth is cuz seems to me your the biggest squid on this site! ill tell you what, ill meet you at scaggs and do lunch.
oh and ive set it up where you can see where you have owned your self homes!
let me educate you feeble little mind, the extra 75cc's came from the rebuild after i sent it to yoshi japan to get resleevd you moron! get your facts right befor you come on the world wide web and make a spectical of your self, i should ask if your YUT UGHHHH...........well are you?

[ April 18, 2009, 12:42 AM: Message edited by: fr5.0 ]

03gtPONY
¯
Member # 5337

u r such a joke. show a receipt for you bullshit claims. and you said skaggs....hahahaha are you one of the slow mofos that i pass draggin knee saying whats up with one hand on the clip ons. do you know what a clip on is? its where the handles bars go on....face it, you dont know shit about motorcycles cus you havent said shit about it to convince me. keep the rubber side down rookie, oh wait its probably your fairing that keep hitting the pavement cus you dont know how to hit the apex and freak out and get target fixated and crash. keep it coming yut ughhh #2 hahahahahahah

--------------------
*Sleeper GT* nuff said

1SicSVT
¯
Member # 8991

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SicSVT  Ford pictures for 1SicSVT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol this is rather entertaining, i havent been riding long enough to have much input but damn i feel the love in this thread haha

--------------------
Having the fastest Chevy is like being in the Special Olympics, win or lose, you're still retarded

Posts: 33 | From: san lorenzo | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
1SicSVT
¯
Member # 8991

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SicSVT  Ford pictures for 1SicSVT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
but definetly +1 on the fuel injected bike and having someone go with you who knows motorcycles and has ridden. they will definetly be able to save you from the sellers who will try and bullshit the new guys into buying a POS bike for much more than its worth

--------------------
Having the fastest Chevy is like being in the Special Olympics, win or lose, you're still retarded

Posts: 33 | From: san lorenzo | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
cees87drop
¯
Member # 4066

quote:
u r such a joke. show a receipt for you bullshit claims. and you said skaggs....hahahaha are you one of the slow mofos that i pass draggin knee saying whats up with one hand on the clip ons. do you know what a clip on is? its where the handles bars go on....face it, you dont know shit about motorcycles cus you havent said shit about it to convince me. keep the rubber side down rookie, oh wait its probably your fairing that keep hitting the pavement cus you dont know how to hit the apex and freak out and get target fixated and crash. keep it coming yut ughhh #2 hahahahahahah

Lol. From reading his first couple of post it's clear he doesn't know shit. Do your self a favor and ignore him.

[ April 18, 2009, 02:06 AM: Message edited by: cees87drop ]

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

quote:

i think you got your foot stuck in your mouth and forgot where to put your money!
do you wanna go heads or are you gunna keep talkin shit! i think thats OWN3D!!!! twice now!
shall we meet and race or are you sceeeeeered????
dont puss out now, cuz you made a spectical of your self again cowerd!!!!

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com