Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » My 03 Cobra..and dyno numbers... (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: My 03 Cobra..and dyno numbers...
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That is a great job man car looks sweet and all under 9K thank god for ebay.
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
SSSSIKH
¯
Member # 8397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSSSIKH  Ford pictures for SSSSIKH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
congrats on the number john! and good seeing ya yesterday!!

in pictures and in person, as a cobra/mustang enthusiast you would never imagine what the car has gone through!

props to you john! [worship]

--------------------
AED
WWW.AEDHP.COM

FoX GT
¯
Member # 4587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoX GT  Ford pictures for FoX GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Remember, the motor was thought to be good for just scrap! John brough it back to life with just a little of massaging. Here are pics from when I bought it.

-

-

-

It sat in the woods like this for 2 years. No hood, no intake, no valve covers. John just polished it up and got it fired back up.

-

-

It's come a long way!

[ March 22, 2009, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: FoX GT ]

--------------------
- AED -
03 Cobra 10th anni 3.4 Whipple 9.47@141
2012 Mustang GT 10.98@125
2015 Mustang GT

Bring what you got and hope its enough!

*Als50*
¯
Member # 6003

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Als50*  Ford pictures for *Als50*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
great job! [patriot]

--------------------
'00XlRangerSlammed-'91Gt347Turbo-'93CalypsoSCFaleen
FOXLIVESMATTER

----------------
*BlackGunsMatter*

Posts: 1897 | From: La Bahia... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
LSFairmont
¯
Member # 6001

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LSFairmont  Ford pictures for LSFairmont    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
x1,000 [worship] [worship] [worship]
Posts: 3652 | From: the land of the lost | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fstryde3:
Thank god for ebay.

You ain't kiddin'. Alot of the switches and a few trim parts came from Ebay. There are a few folks I'd like to thank, as it wouldn't have been possible without them:

Fox GT (for the car!)
Beasty5.0 (lookin' out for me on numerous websites for parts I needed!)
AED in Cameron Park(helped out with stock engine parts and accessories as well as the killer tune!)
Venomousnotch (hookin' me up with the Whipple, IRS brace)
Jesse (don't remember his post name [Frown] ) hooked me up with TONS of his stock SC stuff!

And of course, Craigslist...what would we do without it? lol

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
Jesse (don't remember his post name [Frown] ) hooked me up with TONS of his stock SC stuff!

Hater. [Razz] [patriot]
Glad to see you got the Whipple on! [Big Grin]

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How the heck did I forget the GT? Daaaamn, I'm gettin' old. lol

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You did a god damn good job bringing that car back to life

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

94 N.C.F GT
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 8722

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 94 N.C.F GT  Ford pictures for 94 N.C.F GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[patriot] [Whoo Whooooo!] [patriot] [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX:(D D) ORANGE coupe
94GT:(427) Its a BEAST on the streets but in the garage it stays ASLEEP. N/A

Posts: 1313 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
gnatsum05
¯
Member # 3293

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gnatsum05  Ford pictures for gnatsum05    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow! Nice... Great job... Nice color... What is the color that you wanted? "Sonic Blue"... Awesome RWHP & Tq #'s... With 13PSI on Pump gas... Those Whipples are Lightning in a bottle... I can see you have an eye for details... Two Excellent Cobra's! Brother...

John, can I ask you... I have a 03 Cobra with 28,000 miles should I do the Head Cooling Mod... Which one did you go with... Have you changed anything about the crappy IRS... Wheel-hop? What shifter are you using? Right now mine has the Steeda Tri-Ax... I think it's MGW time! The clutch pedal in these cars are way too high... I need to adjust it lower... The seat rails are way to high... I guess I'll be looking for some 99-04 V6 seat brackets... What type of tranny fluid are you using? I can think of alot of other things but I think I'm already asking you alot...

These 03-04 Cobra's from the factory really need some tinkering with to make them as good as a Vette... Thanks a million... Tom

Opps! Sorry John... Maybe should have asked those questions in the Tech Area... I just got carried away...

[ March 24, 2009, 02:33 AM: Message edited by: gnatsum05 ]

--------------------
93' GT & 03' Terminator...

Posts: 80 | From: Northern Ca. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by gnatsum05:
Wow! Nice... Great job... Nice color... What is the color that you wanted? "Sonic Blue"... Awesome RWHP & Tq #'s... With 13PSI on Pump gas... Those Whipples are Lightning in a bottle... I can see you have an eye for details... Two Excellent Cobra's! Brother...

John, can I ask you... I have a 03 Cobra with 28,000 miles should I do the Head Cooling Mod... Which one did you go with... Have you changed anything about the crappy IRS... Wheel-hop? What shifter are you using? Right now mine has the Steeda Tri-Ax... I think it's MGW time! The clutch pedal in these cars are way too high... I need to adjust it lower... The seat rails are way to high... I guess I'll be looking for some 99-04 V6 seat brackets... What type of tranny fluid are you using? I can think of alot of other things but I think I'm already asking you alot...

These 03-04 Cobra's from the factory really need some tinkering with to make them as good as a Vette... Thanks a million... Tom

Opps! Sorry John... Maybe should have asked those questions in the Tech Area... I just got carried away...

A vette is in a different class than the mustang cobra.lol
But you could run a 03-04 vette against a 03-04 cobra and they should be pretty close in a 1/4 mile race,depending on the drivers...

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

Venomousnotch
¯
Member # 8695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomousnotch  Ford pictures for Venomousnotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
quote:
Originally posted by fstryde3:
Thank god for ebay.

You ain't kiddin'. Alot of the switches and a few trim parts came from Ebay. There are a few folks I'd like to thank, as it wouldn't have been possible without them:

Fox GT (for the car!)
Beasty5.0 (lookin' out for me on numerous websites for parts I needed!)
AED in Cameron Park(helped out with stock engine parts and accessories as well as the killer tune!)
Venomousnotch (hookin' me up with the Whipple, IRS brace)

And of course, Craigslist...what would we do without it? lol

Glad to see that you're car is running great john.Those are some good numbers.I'm glad that I helped as much as I could.Thanx again john and keep the car the same color it looks bad ass..... [worship]
[Whoo Whooooo!] [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
🏁•2004 MUSTANG SVT COBRA•🏁

"WHEN THE WHINING STARTS,IT MEANS JUSTICE IS ABOUT TO BE SERVED"..

Posts: 7604 | From: *NORTHERN*KILLA4NIA* | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com