Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Cleaned up the new toy

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Cleaned up the new toy
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Photo quality could be better. Was taken with my lg shine. But it does feel good to finally get a toy that doesn't require paint!

-

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks hella clean J....I feel you on the toys that do not need paint. My wife used to get on me because I would always buy cars with no radio, then it was car with blasted interior. I have not graduated to no paint yet. Congratulations [patriot] [worship]
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
very clean....Doesnt look like there is any body or paint defects at all. Once again, nice find [patriot]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

stanger50
20yr club
Member # 1665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger50  Ford pictures for stanger50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sweet shit! dude down the street from me gots a black one, but its nothing like that.

--------------------
1998 Cobra SVT convertible
Bright Atlantic Blue (1 of 247)

20 year club.

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ive always liked those since they first came out..lots of cool stuff you can do power wise and keep it totally stealth. Very nice truck.
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did they do a mass air conversion on it? I hear they won't idle for shit with a big cam and speed density. Great looking truck either way!

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats a good lookin truck!

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks...truck used to be a caford members truck. I bought it from the guy who bought it from him.

The cam I think is a comp cam and the truck is still SD. I've been reading up on the two..sd vs mass. I don't know if doing the mass conversion would be worth it.

At what point is it a good idea to go mass air??? I guess I should go to the lightning site I found and search for that answer. But I like it here at cafords more lol.

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
Thanks...truck used to be a caford members truck. I bought it from the guy who bought it from him.

The cam I think is a comp cam and the truck is still SD. I've been reading up on the two..sd vs mass. I don't know if doing the mass conversion would be worth it.

At what point is it a good idea to go mass air??? I guess I should go to the lightning site I found and search for that answer. But I like it here at cafords more lol.

Once the vacuum gets too low from too much overlap on the cam it starts tweaking out and won't idle. I've seen a couple people that have done big cams with the SD and just cranked the idle up. My cam is a SD friendly retrofit custom designed by a guy that builds a lot of these trucks. Its got a 114 degree lobe separation so doesn't kill the vacuum signal and it makes a good blower cam too. With mass air you can change the injectors and tune it better or so I've read. I want to upgrade from the 19lb injectors to 42's, up the cam to something bigger too so the upgrade is in my future if I keep the truck.

--------------------

Abandon him.

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

That is the simplest answer and easiest to understand answer regarding mass vs sd and I just read 10 pages of people arguing over the the two. Thanks...I'll be staying with SD since the truck idles perfect. I wont be upping the cam size nor adding any kind of supercharger to it.

Off to read up on stall converters. [patriot]

93redcobra
CAFords OG
Member # 1344

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93redcobra  Ford pictures for 93redcobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looks good [worship]
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get some 18's, fat tires in the back, a tonneau cover & lower that Bish!!!

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:

Working on a cover. Check this one out.

bed cover

Your other suggestions may be nice but are made unessessary by the financial distress they would cause. The cost of those things is a suppercharger easy...I'd rather go that route before wheels,tire,drop kits.

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think these look great just the way they come. I forget.. do they have rear disc brakes? Depending on the mileage, there are some performance things that can go along with major maintenance. Maybe a set of AFR 185 heads,roller rockers, some smoothing on the lower intake, smog legal headers? You would give it a serious wake up and shed 50lbs off the front and likely get better MPGs. Just a few ideas..nothing sexy. [Big Grin]
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

quote:
Originally posted by season'd 88:
I think these look great just the way they come. I forget.. do they have rear disc brakes? Depending on the mileage, there are some performance things that can go along with major maintenance. Maybe a set of AFR 185 heads,roller rockers, some smoothing on the lower intake, smog legal headers? You would give it a serious wake up and shed 50lbs off the front and likely get better MPGs. Just a few ideas..nothing sexy. [Big Grin]

Drums in back [Frown] but stops better than my Audi...go figure. And lucky for me all the other shit you mentioned it already has along with k&n, pullies, eaton gears and 25k on 40bored motor and intake spacer. [Big Grin] I can't remember if the afr's are 165 or 185 though.

I do miss my mustang though...I think I miss shifting the most. [burnout]

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by season'd 88:
[qb] I think these look great just the way they come. I forget.. do they have rear disc brakes? Depending on the mileage, there are some performance things that can go along with major maintenance. Maybe a set of AFR 185 heads,roller rockers, some smoothing on the lower intake, smog legal headers? You would give it a serious wake up and shed 50lbs off the front and likely get better MPGs. Just a few ideas..nothing sexy. [Big Grin]

And lucky for me all the other shit you mentioned it already has along with k&n, pullies, eaton gears and 25k on 40bored motor and intake spacer. [Big Grin] I can't remember if the afr's are 165 or 185 though.

OH..well if thats the case, id say [worship] [worship] are in order. [Big Grin]

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
VERY nice...I miss mine. [Frown] Maybe I can find it... [Wink]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:

Working on a cover. Check this one out.

bed cover

Your other suggestions may be nice but are made unessessary by the financial distress they would cause. The cost of those things is a suppercharger easy...I'd rather go that route before wheels,tire,drop kits.

im liking that cover. But yeah man make sure your money is right b4 u go blowing it on the car. I still live @ home so I kinda got the luxury [Razz]

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Diamond Dave
¯
Member # 5023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diamond Dave  Ford pictures for Diamond Dave  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks damn good. Gen 1 L's have been growing on me for a long time now.. I want one so I can tow my SHO around [Big Grin]

--------------------
1993 Taurus SHO MTX Red/Grey
-Stock hotness DD

Posts: 475 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

quote:
That is the simplest answer and easiest to understand answer regarding mass vs sd and I just read 10 pages of people arguing over the the two. Thanks...I'll be staying with SD since the truck idles perfect. I wont be upping the cam size nor adding any kind of supercharger to it.

Glad my answer helped. I've researched it quite a bit and know I can stay SD, just can't really up the cam too much. I'm running ported GT40's, the retro cam, roller rockers, 70mm throttle body and spacer, Bassani headers and X pipe, 1" intake spacer and the Vortech at 8lb of boost. I'm running the stock 19lb injectors and using the Coolingmist meth kit to keep the air/fuel mixture at a safe level. Its not the right way to do it but it just worked out so well I'm not going to mess with it right now.

I've researched converters too..... not cheap at all. Keep your eye on the parts section over at NLOC (national Lightning owners club) because they turn up from time to time. Its also a great place to shoot the shit and learn from the original Lightning owners.

--------------------

Abandon him.

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
quote:

Glad my answer helped. I've researched it quite a bit and know I can stay SD, just can't really up the cam too much. I'm running ported GT40's, the retro cam, roller rockers, 70mm throttle body and spacer, Bassani headers and X pipe, 1" intake spacer and the Vortech at 8lb of boost. I'm running the stock 19lb injectors and using the Coolingmist meth kit to keep the air/fuel mixture at a safe level. Its not the right way to do it but it just worked out so well I'm not going to mess with it right now.

I've researched converters too..... not cheap at all. Keep your eye on the parts section over at NLOC (national Lightning owners club) because they turn up from time to time. Its also a great place to shoot the shit and learn from the original Lightning owners.

[worship] over there right now, tabbed on my computer. Tons of information to sift through.
Jesse
¯
Member # 312

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jesse  Ford pictures for Jesse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They are the AFR 185's.

Jesse

Posts: 1342 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

quote:
Originally posted by Jesse:
They are the AFR 185's.

Jesse

[dance]

[ March 14, 2009, 12:53 AM: Message edited by: Jdub07 ]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com