Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » stupid bored cop (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: stupid bored cop
aj5.0916
¯
Member # 7968

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for aj5.0916  Ford pictures for aj5.0916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so i come out one morning and find a ticket on my windshield for not displayin a front plate kinda crazy came to my house to give me a ticket when ya could be out catchin a real criminal

--------------------
im all outta favors fuck you pay me! jus me an ma wife!

Posts: 426 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
F.or O.nly R.eal D.rivers
¯
Member # 8971

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F.or O.nly R.eal D.rivers  Ford pictures for F.or O.nly R.eal D.rivers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Whaat? [Roll Eyes] Maaan ive been havin some bad experiences with these stupid f%*^in police lately.Im gonna have to go back to my old self and start high speedin again!Police be overdoin it sometimes! [Mad]

--------------------
R.I.P MATT "4-Speed King"

Posts: 179 | From: RICHMOND,CA | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree coming to your house is lame. But ignorance of the law is as well. You know you are supposed to have one on there. Which is why they gave you 2.
¯
Member # 8971

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F.or O.nly R.eal D.rivers  Ford pictures for F.or O.nly R.eal D.rivers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
I agree coming to your house is lame. But ignorance of the law is as well. You know you are supposed to have one on there. Which is why they gave you 2.

I understand that but come on now,a ticket for that when youre not even in the car!

--------------------

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I parked at a meter in downtown Sac. I paid and set the timer on my phone for 5 before the time was up so I wouldn't miss making it back out there. I came out to an expired meter, a ticket for the meter, no front plate and expired registration. The reg wasn't even up yet, I guess because there was only 5 days left in the month they figured it was out. Either way the meters are crooked and meter maids are out for any revenue they can get.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
aj5.0916
¯
Member # 7968

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for aj5.0916  Ford pictures for aj5.0916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my car got tapped in the front an the plate came off its in the car

--------------------

aj5.0916
¯
Member # 7968

and i forgot to mention a 72 hour notice was on my car and it has been move no marks on my tires so how can they say it hasnt been moved some fag must have called on it

--------------------

03gtPONY
¯
Member # 5337

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03gtPONY  Ford pictures for 03gtPONY  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
meter maids have the authority to give tickets for no front license plates now. cops dont go patrolling for no license plates. having a license plate has been a law for quite sometime now

--------------------
*Sleeper GT* nuff said

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by F.or O.nly R.eal D.rivers:
Whaat? [Roll Eyes] Maaan ive been havin some bad experiences with these stupid f%*^in police lately.Im gonna have to go back to my old self and start high speedin again!Police be overdoin it sometimes! [Mad]

im way ahead of u

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
I parked at a meter in downtown Sac. I paid and set the timer on my phone for 5 before the time was up so I wouldn't miss making it back out there. I came out to an expired meter, a ticket for the meter, no front plate and expired registration. The reg wasn't even up yet, I guess because there was only 5 days left in the month they figured it was out. Either way the meters are crooked and meter maids are out for any revenue they can get.

Your registration is not due at the end of the month (unless you happen to have bought it at the end of the month), but its due the date you bought the car. So if you bought the car on the 12th it will be due the 12th. The late fees on registration increase proportionately* also. 1-3 days is so much more, 4-7 is a bit more, 8-15 days late little more, then 16-30 etc. So it could have been expired. Whats funny is is a meter cop finds a car with expired tags, and ran out meter, they usually mark the tires and the ground too, that way they can find out if it is abandoned and that they should tow it.

Sucks no matter whats though.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by aj5.0916:
so i come out one morning and find a ticket on my windshield for not displayin a front plate kinda crazy came to my house to give me a ticket when ya could be out catchin a real criminal

If the car was in your driveway, fight it. They can't go on private property to ticket you for fix it violations. If the car was a public eye sore, the city can issue a violation to remove it from public eye, even if its in your driveway, but other then that, they can't touch it.

IMO, fight the ticket.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
aj5.0916
¯
Member # 7968

na it was parked on the street

--------------------

87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Haven't you heard, California is in debt big time. This is what the legisture was discussing when comeing up with the new budget. One way to collect revenue is to go door to door and fine 2 out of 3 home owners for atleast one thing. The debt will turn into a profit in no time. lmao. [patriot]

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got a ticket once for honking the horn [Roll Eyes] I guess you can only use the horn in "Emergency situations" according to the cop [burnout]

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
¯
Member # 8971

quote:
Originally posted by Greasy:
I got a ticket once for honking the horn [Roll Eyes] I guess you can only use the horn in "Emergency situations" according to the cop [burnout]

Me too!Thats crazy.

--------------------

solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for solbrothers  Ford pictures for solbrothers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cops are poppin hoods like crazy lookin for illegal mods

--------------------
2100+ posts, 15 useful

SPIDER_STANG
¯
Member # 8658

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SPIDER_STANG  Ford pictures for SPIDER_STANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey I got a weak ass ticket for no front plate at my job!! I parked on the street for the first time at work & blam!! a dang ticket for 10 bucks for no front plate!! I thought that was weak ass F**K!! $10 if fixed & signed by a cop or $25 bucks if before 4 weeks!! I lost the ticket & got lazy about it so now I have to pay $100 something!! Now thats Messed up!!

[ February 28, 2009, 11:00 PM: Message edited by: SPIDER_STANG ]

--------------------
02 GT Conv Sold
92 LX coup Sold
94 Gt Conv
Spurs, Saints, Dodgers! We win baby!!

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
this is just easy money for them, look state of California needs money, what easier way to make money ten stupid tickets!

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SPIDER_STANG:
Hey I got a weak ass ticket for no front plate at my job!! I parked on the street for the first time at work & blam!! a dang ticket for 10 bucks for no front plate!! I thought that was weak ass F**K!! $10 if fixed & signed by a cop or $25 bucks if before 4 weeks!! I lost the ticket & got lazy about it so now I have to pay $100 something!! Now thats Messed up!!

Thanks for reminding me shitttt i remember getting a tinted window ticket early Feb and i think it was due Feb 19th.. AHHHHHHH

need to remove my tints now because its getting hectic out there

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn I hate BS tickets!
¯
Member # 8971

quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:
Damn I hate BS tickets!

X2! Like navidr said,easy money

--------------------

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:
Your registration is not due at the end of the month (unless you happen to have bought it at the end of the month), but its due the date you bought the car. So if you bought the car on the 12th it will be due the 12th. The late fees on registration increase proportionately* also. 1-3 days is so much more, 4-7 is a bit more, 8-15 days late little more, then 16-30 etc. So it could have been expired. Whats funny is is a meter cop finds a car with expired tags, and ran out meter, they usually mark the tires and the ground too, that way they can find out if it is abandoned and that they should tow it.

It was like the 25th and the registration wasn't expired till the 28th but I'm guessing they figured it was so close to the end of the month it had to be expired. I had already sent the money in and was waiting on the stickers.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
¯
Member # 8971

quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:

It was like the 25th and the registration wasn't expired till the 28th but I'm guessing they figured it was so close to the end of the month it had to be expired. I had already sent the money in and was waiting on the stickers.
It doesnt matter if its 11:59 on the 27th,its still not expired u know what I mean. Im pretty sure it tells them exactly what day it expires.Oh well its your word against theres you already know how thats gonna go
[BS flag]

--------------------

crazyhorse
¯
Member # 5662

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazyhorse  Ford pictures for crazyhorse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
does anyone here know if its valid to show your plate on the dash? Ive had mine on the dash for years and havent got a ticket yet.

--------------------
1965 Mustang coupe

Hlbly50
Member # 8989

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hlbly50  Ford pictures for Hlbly50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nah, it needs to be bolted on

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com