Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Margarito vs Mosley

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Margarito vs Mosley
Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rigo5.0  Ford pictures for Rigo5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What round does Mosley go down in this one?

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

Posts: 1454 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am actually going to go with Sugar Shane on this one. I am going with the power, speed and savvy to pull through. But no doubt this will be a great fight. 2 action-packed fighters. There will be some knockdowns too.
cees87drop
¯
Member # 4066

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cees87drop  Ford pictures for cees87drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I still can't believe cotto lost. Lol. I think it will go the whole 12.
Slow05GT
¯
Member # 8408

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slow05GT  Ford pictures for Slow05GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just want to see a good fight.. but dont be suprised if mosley pulls it off.
Posts: 2233 | From: Natomas, ca | Registered: May 2008  |  :
Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rigo5.0  Ford pictures for Rigo5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah I think it will be a great fight, for at least the first 6 rounds. After that I think Mosley's age will creep up and he'll be in trouble.

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I dont think the age gap between these 2 is significant enough to tip the scales. The thing that would worry me for Shane is Margarito's pace and work rate. But on the other hand, Shane has a style that can break that pace. Elusive, fast and a historically hard puncher. He will hit Margarito easily. Common sense would say since Cotto beat Shane and Margarito beat Cotto. That Margarito would be the apparent. Good thing boxing does not go that way. Look at Hopkins, Pavlik and Taylor. Taylor beat Hopkins 2x's, Pavlik beats Taylor easily (2x's) One would expect Pavlik to punish B-Hop, but then Hopkins dismantles Pavlik (whom I picked to win among everyone saying I was a fool). So don't let the outcome of the Cotto v Marg fight sway you. Shane is a much better boxer than Marg. And has equal power. But if he gets caught slipping Marg will take advantage.

[ January 21, 2009, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
I dont think the age gap between these 2 is significant enough to tip the scales. The thing that would worry me for Shane is Margarito's pace and work rate. But on the other hand, Shane has a style that can break that pace. Elusive, fast and a historically hard puncher. He will hit Margarito easily. Common sense would say since Cotto beat Shane and Margarito beat Cotto. That Margarito would be the apparent. Good thing boxing does not go that way. Look at Hopkins, Pavlik and Taylor. Taylor beat Hopkins 2x's, Pavlik beats Taylor easily (2x's) One would expect Pavlik to punish B-Hop, but then Hopkins dismantles Pavlik (whom I picked to win among everyone saying I was a fool). So don't let the outcome of the Cotto v Marg fight sway you. Shane is a much better boxer than Marg. And has equal power. But if he gets caught slipping Marg will take advantage.

If Shane stays on the outside and ACTUALLY boxes instead of trying to slug it out he has a "chance", based on Shanes recent fights I think margarito is going to whoop his ass! Shane likes to try and mix it up with people instead of using his superior boxing skills. He was getting outboxed by COTTO! Margarito is slow as hell but he will eventually catch Shane to the body with some hard shots and that will slow him down. I would not be suprised if Shane is stopped within 11 rounds.
87#184saleen
¯
Member # 6276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87#184saleen  Ford pictures for 87#184saleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
when is the fight

--------------------
R.I.P DAD 3/5/36 - 6/2/07
2004 PORSCHE CAYENNE S on 22”
2013 PORSCHE Panamera on 21”
1987 SALEEN #184
Member of R H P

N8
¯
Member # 6048

This Saturday

Yea if Shane stoops to a lower level boxing wise, he could very well find his dick in the dirt. That I agree. but if both bring their historic games to the ring. I see Shane pulling this one out. Also Shanes conditioning is never in question. One thing I will say is dude is well trained/conditioned.

[ January 21, 2009, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Yup sat night, 7pm on HBO- call your local cable company today! (Comcast told me to say that [Wink] )

I agree with 91 5.0 5speed. If shane fights the way he did against Cotto and recent matches-he's dooooomed!
Although I thought the Cotto v Mosley fight could have been a draw.

[ January 21, 2009, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: COBRAreflection ]

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

N8
¯
Member # 6048

I told ya'll....Shane put on a boxing clinic on Margarito. Not sure why he didn't do that with Cotto. But this was a old fashioned beat down. He made Margarito look very average. A skilled boxer against a pressure brawler will almost always go with the skilled fighter.

I wish I was a betting man. I would have won hella cash.

Slow05GT
¯
Member # 8408

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slow05GT  Ford pictures for Slow05GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yup sure did but he didnt get down like that on cotto cause thats to totally different boxing styles but I wouldnt mind a cotto an mosley 2!
Posts: 2233 | From: Natomas, ca | Registered: May 2008  |  :
5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0_707  Ford pictures for 5.0_707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

heard the odds were something like 4 to 1...woulda been a nice pay day! [Whoo Whooooo!]
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
I told ya'll....Shane put on a boxing clinic on Margarito. Not sure why he didn't do that with Cotto. But this was a old fashioned beat down. He made Margarito look very average. A skilled boxer against a pressure brawler will almost always go with the skilled fighter.

I'm glad Moseley won. I thought he was over the hill based on his last performances and was sure margarito was gonna whoop him. Moseley finally used his god given skills and did not try and slug it out. What I found interesting is that they caught margariot CHEATING! before the match. Mosely's trainer caught Margarito"s camp trying to put a plaster like substance inside his wraps! [Eek!] They made him take it out and put it in a ziploc bag as evedence! Maybe that is why margarito could not hurt Shanelast night and maybe that is the reason why he had Cotto so hurt. I will find the article and post it up

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=3858368

Here is the Story of Margarito trying to CHEAT! this makes me wonder about the victory over Cotto and all his other ones. I think he should be fined and suspended for this shit!

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Well, I have to hand it to you N8. Mosley looked real good. I don't think anyone expected for the fight to go the way it did. I could have pictured a decision win, but not a knockout. Margarito looked confused and frustrated as Mosley never gave him any room or a chance to get in his rhythm.

As for the substance...
Well this isn't anything new. It's happened before and will continue to happen as people are always looking for any slight advantage. Shane was also a part of a controversy with the BALCO case. ALso makes you wonder how some of these "older" fighters and athletes all of sudden look so great.

We could question the Cotto fight, except that I don't think this substance could have been used on Margarito's chin. Cotto lost his legs and his power at the end in that fight.
But nonetheless, Margarito needs to be fined and suspended.

[ January 25, 2009, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: COBRAreflection ]

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Yea that plaster thing has been going on for a while. One boxer even killed another in the ring because of that tactic. If I find the article I'll post it.

When the Shane of the past shows up. Not many people can deal with him. His like a smaller Roy Jones with a better chin and better power. Some of those shot Margarito took was tremendous. I knew Shane would hit him at will, because Marg is so damn slow and one dimensional. Shane v Cotto 2, would be a nice draw. But word on the street is Cotto has been shook of his confidence after getting battered by losing to Marg.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com