Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Window Tint (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Window Tint
510_SVT
¯
Member # 8705

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510_SVT  Ford pictures for 510_SVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
On my foxbody I just dont know if i should tint the small rear windows the same as the Back? or the same as the 2 front windows?

--------------------
/96 Cobra/
//87' LX h.c.i//

Posts: 1306 | From: 510EastBay | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
IRISH
¯
Member # 1629

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for IRISH  Ford pictures for IRISH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is 20% on the sides and 95% on the back 3.

-
 -

[ December 23, 2008, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: IRISH ]

2Coupes
¯
Member # 5617

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2Coupes  Ford pictures for 2Coupes    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think what you meant is the back 3 are 5%. its a percentage of how much light is coming through. [Cool] looks good

[ December 23, 2008, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: 2Coupes ]

--------------------
91Coupe-347,tremec tko, 373's
68Coupe-GT40heads,crane2031cam,victor jr,tremec3550,3.55's
R.I.P. silverlx

Posts: 201 | From: Healdsburg, CA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  :
IRISH
¯
Member # 1629

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for IRISH  Ford pictures for IRISH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2Coupes:
i think what you meant is the back 3 are 5%. its a percentage of how much light is coming through. [Cool] looks good

Yeah, something like that! I've heard it said two ways. Keeping lite out and letting lite in!
510_SVT
¯
Member # 8705

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510_SVT  Ford pictures for 510_SVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by IRISH:

-
 -

At night can u see good with 5% in the back?

--------------------
/96 Cobra/
//87' LX h.c.i//

5LiterSpeeder
¯
Member # 8234

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5LiterSpeeder  Ford pictures for 5LiterSpeeder    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i did mine 5% all the way around and i love it, although it would be nice to have some 1,000,000 candle power spotlights sometimes wnen backing up at night but all in all its worth the look. and yes, cops love the look too [BS flag]

--------------------
93'Ex 4cyl Notch TFS H/C/I 3.55s 4 wheel Cobra brakes, V2-SQ, 14 psi
RIP BRANDON, SILVERLX-

Posts: 561 | From: Healdsburg | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
IRISH
¯
Member # 1629

quote:
Originally posted by 510gt:
quote:
Originally posted by IRISH:

-
 -

At night can u see good with 5% in the back?
Its not a big deal, its nice when you get the jack ass with high beams behind you!

And the cops do love the black windows! I've got stopped once, he told the tint looks good! He also said my car was to loud and I should not drive it, as it is too loud for the street! Then it was have a nice day and off I went!

J

[ December 26, 2008, 10:32 AM: Message edited by: IRISH ]

STREETFIGHTER50
¯
Member # 2973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STREETFIGHTER50  Ford pictures for STREETFIGHTER50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so where's the tint hook up at?

--------------------
'89 Coupe-Kurgan Tuned 498/491RW, Vortech SI, 351W

Posts: 3925 | From: SF Bay Coastin' to Rocklin | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
IRISH
¯
Member # 1629

quote:
Originally posted by STREETFIGHTER50:
so where's the tint hook up at?

This was done at this shop on Mission bl in Hayward. Cross street is Sunset.

Sorry, I dont know the name of the shop!

John

93redcobra
CAFords OG
Member # 1344

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93redcobra  Ford pictures for 93redcobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
on my chevelle the back windows have been tinted with 5%.fronts are tinted but dont know the percent

-

-

510_SVT
¯
Member # 8705

quote:
Originally posted by 93redcobra:
on my chevelle the back windows have been tinted with 5%.fronts are tinted but dont know the percent

-

-

If you had black rims that car would look CLEAN!

--------------------
/96 Cobra/
//87' LX h.c.i//

93redcobra
CAFords OG
Member # 1344

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93redcobra  Ford pictures for 93redcobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

-

-

im planning on doing that I was thinking of some black z06 wheels, or black torq thrust with a lip .
510_SVT
¯
Member # 8705

quote:
quote:
quote:

-

-

im planning on doing that I was thinking of some black z06 wheels, or black torq thrust with a lip .
I would go for the black torq thrust to keep that old school feel to it. N maybe a chrome lip to go with the chrome trim n bumbers

--------------------
/96 Cobra/
//87' LX h.c.i//

IRISH
¯
Member # 1629

quote:

-

-

That is one clean Chevy!

Nice ride!

andyman_2k01
CAFords OG
Member # 1448

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman_2k01  Ford pictures for andyman_2k01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would avoid getting the passenger and driver side window tints. I tinted mine 3 different times and all within a month or two I got pulled over for it and had to remove them. I got tired of putting it on and then having to take it off. It attracts unwanted attention from the cops and gives them a reason to look for more things wrong with your car.

--------------------
-00 Mustang GT (R Clone)
-99 Saleen Convert. #231-SOLD

Posts: 1503 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
925GT50
¯
Member # 2683

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 925GT50  Ford pictures for 925GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by andyman_2k01:
I would avoid getting the passenger and driver side window tints. I tinted mine 3 different times and all within a month or two I got pulled over for it and had to remove them. I got tired of putting it on and then having to take it off. It attracts unwanted attention from the cops and gives them a reason to look for more things wrong with your car.

x2 i just got one from chp for my truck they aint even dark theyre factory but w/e im just gonna pay the fine and not remove them,

Funny thing on my stang i got limo all around been pulled over 3 times this yr questioned about it never done nothing but this was local my local pd.

--------------------
1990 GT hatch (owned since 05')
1988 GT (sold)
1995 SN95 Cobra (totaled/parted)
1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am LT1 (daily driver)

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com